Kelly Clarkson is the headline of USA Today's news article about the Olympic Ceremony

Pikachoo

"Céline Dion's dazzling Olympics performance renders Kelly Clarkson speechless"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/07/26/celine-dion-olympics-opening-ceremony-performance/74513855007/

Céline Dion will go on.

The Grammy winner, 56, made her highly anticipated musical return Friday with a performance that closed out the 2024 Olympics opening ceremony in Paris. Situated on the iconic Eiffel Tower, which was adorned by the Olympic rings, the French Canadian singer serenaded the world with Édith Piaf's "L'Hymne à l'amour" ("Hymn to Love") after the Olympic cauldron was lit.

This was the legendary "My Heart Will Go On" singer's first time performing since March 2020, per Reuters. After postponements due to COVID-19 and health issues, she canceled her Courage World Tour dates in 2022.

Kelly Clarkson was 'trying to hold it together' during Céline Dion performance

On NBC's broadcast of the opening ceremony, Kelly Clarkson was speechless when first asked about Dion's performance by co-host Peyton Manning. After a break, she regained her composure and unpacked her reaction.

"I've been inspired, I've been dancing, I was not ready for that ending," Clarkson said. "If you know anything about Céline right now, she feels this is her purpose ... and if you know anything about what she is going through right now. … I'm so sorry, I'm trying to hold it together right now. But then she got through that. That was incredible. In my field, she is the gold winner for vocal athletes."

and they slightly shaded Gaga:

While Lady Gaga also sang in French during the ceremony, Dion had an advantage in her Edith Piaf rendition, as French is her first language.

queen of making Olympic headlines about her :clap3: 

• Like 5

Celine's performance saved that ceremony!  What a legend. 

Kelly is such a good egg, and she's no slouch in the vocal athlete category either. I am lucky I grew up listening to both her and Celine. 

• Like 2

TABS :clap3: 

The "Move You" singer spilled. :clap3:

Edited by elvenOCEAN
  • Thanks 1

Slay. We love to see it from Kellegend Clarksus!

2 hours ago, elvenOCEAN said:

The "Move You" singer spilled. :clap3:

i think when all is said and done this might be my favorite Kelly Clarkson ever (even though she has a lot of great songs). there's something so moving (lol) about this one :bird:

OT: I agree with her, I was happy for Celine, this performance must have meant the world to her

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grizzo said:

i think when all is said and done this might be my favorite Kelly Clarkson ever (even though she has a lot of great songs). there's something so moving (lol) about this one :bird:

OT: I agree with her, I was happy for Celine, this performance must have meant the world to her

My thoughts exactly. It just slowly builds up and then you get hit by that final third of the song. :jonny2:

Meaning of Life is probably her best album. (Don't come for me!)

But Because of You and Breakaway are close second and third. The former in particular was THAT song in the mid 00s.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.