Wax museum pulls Sinead O'Connor figure after backlash

Burn

26135431-c8452414-c1fb-41f5-b97e-fcc983f

Dublin's wax museum has announced it is withdrawing a figure of Sinead O'Connor amid criticism from her family and members of the public that it looked "nothing like her".

The museum's team met on Friday morning and decided to pull the waxwork, admitting that it "can do better" and pledging to create a "more accurate representation".

Her brother John O'Connor said he was shocked when he first saw it online and said that it did not look like her "at all".

Speaking on RTE Radio's Liveline programme on Friday, after it was announced the figure would be withdrawn, he said he was not made aware that a waxwork of his sister was to be unveiled this week.

"When I saw it online yesterday I was shocked. I thought it looked something between a mannequin and something out of the Thunderbirds.

He said it was particularly upsetting to speak about the issue on Friday, which marks the one-year anniversary since the famous Irish musician died at the age of 56.

SineadOconnorcomp.jpg?trim=56,55,72,50&q

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/sinead-oconnor-wax-figure-dublin-wax-museum-b1173142.html

Edited by Burn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yikes, it really does look like a mannequin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.