Britney calls out Halsey, then retracts: "speaking with my lawyers" >> "fake news!"

ImpressMeMuch

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WhateverYouWant

• ImpressMeMuch

• kataraqueen

• Eternium

We stand with Halsey. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Crashed said:

LMAOOO :deadbanana2:

HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAAAAT

• Haha 1

:deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Why is so hard for some you to understand why britney would be upset about this?

They clearly didn't check with britney herself 

She did reach out to Britney. Either Britney listened to her and still decided to purposely misinterpret everything or someone on Britney's team spoke on behalf of her and that would not be Halsey's fault as she obviously could not know of that.

The fact Britney immediately saw this music video the day it dropped and the song is a complete non-event makes me believe that Halsey actually did have some type of communication with her though since she was immediately checking for the release. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The last tweet :rip:

She needs some kind of help thats all im going to say

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

And all of the people in this thread pretending like the connection wasn't obvious PLEASE LMAO

You're telling me not a single person in that crew made the connection between the song and the imagery? You lot are so guillable. I'm glad Halsey beat her cancer and I'm glad she's celebrating it, but lbr yes it is random and I totally understand why Britney took it the way she did. A simple heads up would have been totally appropriate, and if Britney doesn't want Halsey talking about her cancer because she feels blindsided, then she has every single right to feel that way as an artist?

Halsey's team sent the heads up for the sample request with her letter and they sent back a very nice reply to her, if Britney herself never saw Halsey's letter that's on her and her team, NOT on Halsey. :rip:

2 minutes ago, Crashed said:

the plot thickens :rip:

3 minutes ago, Crashed said:

Not this being a publicity stunt :rip:

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

The way you can tell that Sony and Cade just called her and explained it :ahh: 

When she says "that was not me on the phone," she means replying to Halsey's stan message. And that is still beyond ****** up and weird af that Cade pretended to be Britney Spears while talking to Halsey.

Britney... This faux pas is just. :rip:

Maybe calm down and not be reactionary. :deadbanana4:

39 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Screaming @Reverse Warholian taking another L @TalkThatRihanna @The Witch

You can take that L and shove it.

"Her" observations were unfounded btw. Glad to see most ppl in here with critical thinking skills agreeing :rip: :dies:  @TalkThatRihanna 

Edited by Reverse Warholian
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Crashed said:

This is even worse. Like when she claimed it was a body double at that hotel and expected people to believe it when there were literal pictures. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Was it all planned to get people talking, perhaps? 

Because :hoetenks:

that fact that some users here haven't been updated yet with the latest and still arguing :bibliahh:

:relax:

I'm cackling. Ma'am. 

5 minutes ago, Crashed said:

Wtf

The song is awful (and honestly sounds like she sampled U Gotta Be in the verses too) but the message is clear. It's not even a metaphor. She explicitly talks about her illness and shows herself in a hospital.

I usually side with Britney but she's wrong on this one.

EDIT: WELP

Edited by Tylerbv

10 minutes ago, Meev said:

Like what I said on twitter, the video was describing Halsey's childhood, which Britney was a huge part of. There really wasn't any malicious intent, but at the same time I get why Britney would be upset.

there's clearly a misunderstanding here. 

britney has felt silenced her whole life, she never had the ability to express herself like this, it's not the best because it's so instant, and there are certain things/imagery that will trigger her traumas. I'm willing to bet they'll talk and clear up and a delete will ensue. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Crashed said:

Britney will always be my bias :eli:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.