Britney calls out Halsey, then retracts: "speaking with my lawyers" >> "fake news!"

ImpressMeMuch

I feel bad for Britney, feeling exploited by yet another person/industry peer

and kinda ot I guess but people really need to stop glamorizing that y2k era which wasnt even that long ago :skull: somebody elses trauma isnt an aesthetic

edit: I see Cade got to her now but my feelings remain the same, the whole single campaign rubbed me the wrong way

Edited by okgo
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WhateverYouWant

• ImpressMeMuch

• kataraqueen

• Eternium

Well well well... :coffee2:

4 minutes ago, MerveAksak said:

First of all, Halsey doesn't symbolize her. It's clear that she took some inspiration from her but the pop persona in the video is totally different in my opinion, she even resembles early eras P!nk in some scenes. And said pop star "Lucky" in the video isn't even portrayed as superficial, she suffers behind the scenes and is hurt. I really don't get it.

Yeah, it's literally the same premise as what Britney's Lucky MV was :deadbanana4: I don't get how Brit could have misunderstood this. It's unfortunate 

• Like 1

Britney loves bullying other celebrities. Very jealous person. Sending love to Halsey. :heart:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

This was not written by the queen. Please take this down

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I adore Britney and I'm always on her side but this time I feel like she's wrong, the video portraits Halsey's experience with fame and her illness, of course I see why Brit may think this is like a caricature of her past experiences but she should've seen the whole landscape before releasing such a harmful statement! Hope they can clear things out.

the song isn't lead single material even :deadbanana2: this better not be a promo tactic

Britney no :chick3:

Thoughts and prayers to Halsey right now.. I know she meant no harm. It's clear Britney is still in a very vulnerable state so I hope this isn't taken as a reflection on her character but more so someone who is still healing from her years of trauma.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

End her Brit! Sue her for defamation!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

how do you make someone's cancer journey all about yourself? :bibliahh:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Britney venting about this Mid Song😭 

• Haha 1

this is a mess.... if only the song was good...

1 minute ago, okgo said:

I feel bad for Britney, feeling exploited by yet another person/industry peer

and kinda ot I guess but people really need to stop glamorizing that y2k era which wasnt even that long ago :skull: somebody elses trauma isnt an aesthetic

but halsey is talking about herself in the video and the music, she probably just used lucky cause it fits the narrative and she likes britney

• Thanks 1

I trust my sis @PoisonedIvy that the video isn't insulting to Britney. I suspected as much but still. 

Look Britney clearly has a lot of misdirected anger. All she does is go on socials to lash out against Selena Gomez, Christina Aguilera, the press, random fast food employees etc and never does anything healthy or productive. She desperately needs some counseling because this constant anger and grievance cannot be healthy. Not everyone is against her and in any case, if she feels so bad she should stop paying attention and constantly fueling the fire.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RichGirlPlanet said:

how do you make someone's cancer journey all about yourself? :bibliahh:

By being a disgusting human being tbh. It's the only possible answer for this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Oh wow :deadbanana:

Just now, Sugden said:

but halsey is talking about herself in the video and the music, she probably just used lucky cause it fits the narrative and she likes britney

I saw her posing in a bikini with an ankle bracelet being hounded by paparazzi in promo leading up to the release too per example

it's pretty obvious what she was doing and referencing, regardless of whether she was linking it to her own disease or not

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

I just watched the video, and while Halsey didn't mean no harm.

I definitely get why Britney took it personally. I mean the whole song samples HER song, and Halsey portrays herself as bald while also wearing what resembles a tributes to Britney's toxic outfit lmfao. It was a bit tone-deaf to me. :skull: Like Britney was constantly mocked her whole career for that public breakdown, and you pay tribute to her like that was kinda funny :deadbanana2:

Also I bet the label gave her budget bc of the Britney reference controversy lol 

trust they are LIVING for this tweet from Britney; all publicity is good publicity :skull:

Edited by ImpressMeMuch

Britney is soo wrong for this. This is about HALSEY'S life.

Just now, Jay07 said:

I trust my sis @PoisonedIvy that the video isn't insulting to Britney. I suspected as much but still. 

Look Britney clearly has a lot of misdirected anger. All she does is go on socials to lash out against Selena Gomez, Christina Aguilera, the press, random fast food employees etc and never does anything healthy or productive. She desperately needs some counseling because this constant anger and grievance cannot be healthy. Not everyone is against her and in any case, if she feels so bad she should stop paying attention and constantly fueling the fire.

britney is drowning in her own victim complex. yes, she is a victim and it f**king sucks that the scum that abused her never got any punishment. but the only way for her to move on with her life in a healthy way is to let it go

• Thanks 2

This isn't cute of Britney :rip:

Just now, ImpressMeMuch said:

Also I bet the label gave her budget bc of the Britney reference controversy lol 

trust they are LIVING for this tweet from Britney; all publicity is good publicity :skull:

I'm pretty sure Halsey didn't mean to mock Britney at all.

But people's CAN'T deny how ironic it is, to sample a Britney song, dress up as her, while taking of your wig to showcase that you're bald.

OF all pop stars, you picked Britney LMFAO. Tone-deaf as hell :bibliahh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Halsey should not be associated with Britney Spears at all. This was a mistake and should not have been approved. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.