Britney calls out Halsey, then retracts: "speaking with my lawyers" >> "fake news!"

ImpressMeMuch

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I was talking about Britneys opinion that she quickly backtracked

Meh. I post s*** too and delete a few minutes later. Idc. She doesn't care. No problem here 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WhateverYouWant

• ImpressMeMuch

• kataraqueen

• Eternium

2 hours ago, WhateverYouWant said:

She can't go around...... speaking her mind? 

About to play Human Nature by Madonna 

"I'm not you bish don't hang your s*** on me"

Britney can definitely speak her mind and I think it's clear nobody is telling otherwise, the problem is how she does it. The way she tackled the issue was simply not it and she could've easily solved it by reaching out Halsey privately to hear her side before snapping. 

I feel like Britney lives on constant alert and thinks everything is a personal attack which I understand because of everything that she's been through, but the way the first post was worded made her look terribly immature. That's it

Edited by WaterDiamonds
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WaterDiamonds said:

Britney can definitely tell her mind and I think it's clear nobody is telling otherwise, the problem is how she does it. The way she tackled the issue was simply not it and she could've easily solved it by reaching out Halsey privately to hear her side before snapping. 

I feel like Britney lives on constant alert and thinks everything is a personal attack which I understand because of everything that she's been through, but the way the first post was worded made her look terribly immature. That's it

Again. I don't think she cares how she comes off to anyone. Apparently she deleted it anyways so who cares. 

There is nothing bad ass about acting this way. Is it so hard to say she was wrong? :rip:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

There is nothing bad ass about acting this way. Is it so hard to say she was wrong? :rip:

According to them Britney is a perfect celestial goddess that can't make mistakes or be held accountable so yes, very hard!

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

I didn't say I agreed with her. But she's allowed to have a opinion. I also didn't agree with her opinion on the docs. But I'm not her. She can feel how she feels about this stuff. 

Edited by WhateverYouWant

1 minute ago, WhateverYouWant said:

Again. I don't think she cares how she comes off to anyone. Apparently she deleted it anyways so who cares. 

I care because she's my fave and it's clear she has a lot of rage inside of her that she only lets it out when these things happen.

I want her to be happy, and as long as she doesn't find peace, whether is through therapy, art, yoga or whatever method she chooses she'll be upset for the rest of her life, and that's not freedom, because trust me, loathing is a heavy burden.

1 minute ago, WaterDiamonds said:

I care because she's my fave and it's clear she has a lot of rage inside of her that she only lets it out when these things happen.

I want her to be happy, and as long as she doesn't find peace, whether is through therapy, art, yoga or whatever method she chooses she'll be upset for the rest of her life, and that's not freedom, because trust me, loathing is a heavy burden.

As far as us fans should be concerned she's currently retired. It's probably going to take the rest of her life to figure herself out. Our judgement is useless. Let her live I say. 

I post some **** when I'm drunk and then I delete it. **** off if you think she's crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

People are sooo paranoid when it comes to Britney "cade must of cleared". Britney herself cleared and followed her six weeks ago. 

44 minutes ago, WhateverYouWant said:

Something we all did or still do that is constantly joked and memed about. I'm 30 and still cringe and posts I make when I'm drinking. She can be upset about whatever she wants. And if she wants to drink she's allowed to. She's drinking in a mansion with millions to get help if that's what she wants. Where is the concern for the clear homeless problem almost everywhere in LA who are alcoholics or addicted to drugs? Why not care about their substance usage and well being. 

She can do whatever she wants, I just think this situation reeks of alcohol and she should control it. You might think it's trivial, but threatening to sue someone for defamation just to shortly play it off like it wasn't you is problematic. It's also sad to think about. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I just want the best for her. 

Edited by BGKC

One thing I won't excuse for her, the need to rant and rage against the most harmless people, when she picks the worst humans to hang out and leech off her. There are limits, she was a victim, she is healing and she has trauma, but that doesn't mean she can attack anyone without even having the facts. 

What bothers me the most is, she hurt a long time fan who didn't have ill intentions, she then didn't have the guts to admit her mistake and apologize, instead claimed the usual "I was hacked". 

That's because most stans won't hold her accountable, because they think she's made of crystal. Britney deserves everything good, and she can have an opinion, but she can also make mistakes and she needs to be a grown woman and admit it. 

I know whatever we say its the most irrelevant for her, but it's sad she doesn't have anyone to tell her basic things, and to have the courage to  admit she was wrong. 

All this rage she has inside, it's sadly directed  most of the time, to people who aren't even at fault. I wish she tries to heal and stop seeing every single human as her enemy or someone who is mocking her.

She deserves peace, but she can also be wrong and hurt others and that's okay, as long as she sincerely apologizes when she's wrong. Let's not enable selfish and hurtful behaviour. She, unfairly, has suffered a lot so she should know how much it hurts to be ridiculed. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, BGKC said:

She can do whatever she wants, I just think if I just think this situation reeks of alcohol and she should control it. You might think it's trivial, but threatening to sue someone for defamation just to shortly play it off like it wasn't you is problematic. It's also sad to think about. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I just want the best for her. 

She can do whatever she wants imo. I obviously wish the best for her. But I don't think it's our place to be saying what she should do with her life at this point. If she wants to be messy I say go for it. 

For the record I'm not agreeing with her opinion on this. I can only try my best to see it from her perspective. 

Being yourself and speaking your mind is always a quality I'll admire. This is Britney. Like it or not. Not giving af despite being Britney ******* Spears who could take the world by storm again if she wanted is out here pi***** you all off on ig instead. That is bad ass. She's giving zero F's energy if you like her or not and I love it. 

• Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, Kakihara said:

One thing I won't excuse for her, the need to rant and rage against the most harmless people, when she picks the worst humans to hang out and leech off her. There are limits, she was a victim, she is healing and she has trauma, but that doesn't mean she can attack anyone without even having the facts. 

What bothers me the most is, she hurt a long time fan who didn't have ill intentions, she then didn't have the guts to admit her mistake and apologize, instead claimed the usual "I was hacked". 

That's because most stans won't hold her accountable, because they think she's made of crystal. Britney deserves everything good, and she can have an opinion, but she can also make mistakes and she needs to be a grown woman and admit it. 

I know whatever we say its the most irrelevant for her, but it's sad she doesn't have anyone to tell her basic things, and to have the courage to  admit she was wrong. 

All this rage she has inside, it's sadly directed  most of the time, to people who aren't even at fault. I wish she tries to heal and stop seeing every single human as her enemy or someone who is mocking her.

She deserves peace, but she can also be wrong and hurt others and that's okay, as long as she sincerely apologizes when she's wrong. Let's not enable selfish and hurtful behaviour. She, unfairly, has suffered a lot so she should know how much it hurts to be ridiculed. 

Beautifully said!

I went to bed right before all of this happened and well.. nobody wants to wake up to the news that I woke up to

:suburban:

• Haha 11

10 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Wtf is going on

6 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

I went to bed right before all of this happened and well.. nobody wants to wake up to the news that I woke up to

Britney decided to declare WW3 against Halsey :suburban:

• Haha 3

She is completely incapable of taking accountability for her actions and stays acting like a literal toddler. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Cain said:

She's allowed to feel how she feels but she can't go around and do this. It's incredibly toxic to not hold Britney accountable to her actions just because of what she has been through. We can see her behaviour in that context, and explain and rationalize it, but we shouldn't be cheering it on or even respect it. As someone who's also been in therapy for PTSD it's very valuable to hear people say when I'M the one that ****** up exactly because of the distorted view someone with trauma can have. Just excusing every single outburst 'because we don't know what it's like to be her' is not the way

It's... a tweet

Y'all bring such a serious and intense tone to everything she does, it's tiring. Obviously Britney's stans will have instant push back because y'all bring this energy to literally ANYTHING she does

I sort of thought the "I was hacked!" was her being silly and admitting she forgot she cleared the sample or something.  Regardless I continue to question why people are incapable of reaching out to those who they have problems with directly instead of talking **** online.  

• Like 1

I found out about this when it was all over. But I'm NOT going to go through 20 pages of meltdowns and thinkpieces over a Halsey song :toofunny2:

Britney clearly is still living in survival mode and most likely didn't know the context of Halsey's story, it would've been better to apologise and say she took things out of context but yeah, unfortunately, this ain't it.

All of this over one of the worst songs I've ever heard with a cringe music video. I would be mad if I were Britney, too. :rip:

• Thanks 1

Just waking up to this… what the hell happened

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.