Britney calls out Halsey, then retracts: "speaking with my lawyers" >> "fake news!"

ImpressMeMuch

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WhateverYouWant

• ImpressMeMuch

• kataraqueen

• Eternium

A mess :rip: hopefully this gets resolved quick enough, I hate this for both of them 

• Like 1

I haven't watched the video yet but isn't it about Halsey's career and about her having cancer? :rip:

whoopi goldberg ghost GIF

Is the video that bad? I'm not watching a Halsey video in 2024.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

So Halsey is a liar? 

I'm always Team Britney but I do feel a little bad for halsey because britney is her idol and she obviously meant no harm :chick3:

2 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

The head shaving lyric, while clearly about Halsey herself, was tasteless given the song context and a clear nod

stupid to not talk to Britney face to face before releasing this even if Britney may be reading the video wrong

The craziest part is that he accepted a letter from Halsey to Britney and probably replied to Halsey as Britney. He uses his connections with Britney to beg for dick which isn't unusual for a member of a popstar's team, but it is so embarrassing to see a "manager" doing that.

Edited by Eternium
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

I would bet that her "manager" Cade Hudson didn't show her the request and she has no idea what Halsey's intentions or artistic vision are. If you didn't know about Halsey's cancer, the bridge and the line about eating drugs would sound like an insult.

She needs to clean house and get rid of Cade. He's a massive creep.

Yeah this seems like misdirected anger that should be at Cade

???????

Literally no idea what this is about but on Britney's side always :heart: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Just now, Eternium said:

The craziest part is that he accepted a letter from Halsey to Britney and probably replied to Britney. He uses his connections with Britney to beg for dick which isn't unusual for a member of a popstar's team, but it is so embarrassing to see a "manager" doing that.

Wait what's this beg for dick part about lol

• Haha 2

What did Halsey even to to get a message like that? :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Watch this all be part of the promo though… :-*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoveInStereo said:

Idc that she's had a monumental impact on pop culture & a fantastic catalogue, Britney's been insufferable for years. Shame on the fans who've been yas queen'ing her antics all this time when she doesn't have a crumb of sense left. Stop encouraging her. She's out to lunch

She's been undermined and bullied in the industry for years? :confused: Is it any wonder that she may jump to conclusions or mischaracterise good intentions?

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, ImpressMeMuch said:

Yeah this seems like misdirected anger that should be at Cade

She probably has no idea. She just saw the video and felt super attacked. And watching the video/hearing the song, I would totally see that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She wasn't illustrating Britney in the video tho? There were some parallels but there's a reason why Halsey chose to sample this song.

• Like 2

the way she's so quick to go on instagram to deliver lashings and direct her anger at someone without actually having a clear view of the situation….she obviously needs a new team because none of this was approved or even looked at by her

:clack:

Edited by Minto
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I guess Britney approved the song but never was asked for approval of the MV?

Britney doesn't have any credits for the song so does she even have a case?

Wish she didn't have this reaction bc I thought the MV was beautiful. I think it's safe to assume that even though the MV has elements of Britney in it the story is about Halsey.

I hope the two can resolve the issue without going to court over it. 

• Like 1

Finally great promo for Halsey this era, she deserves it! 

What happened? Which video? 

I just watched it and although Halsey does wear some of Britney's looks I think its a homage... :deadbanana: I-

now i need to see this video

what did halsey even do for this reaction

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.