Britney calls out Halsey, then retracts: "speaking with my lawyers" >> "fake news!"

ImpressMeMuch

2 minutes ago, Saint James said:

off topic but i was googling imani coppola just before and you're one of the top results, a forum post from 2003 lol

"Legend of a Cowgirl" is such a classic, but I wasn't posting online in 2003 I fear-

Ironically tying it to being on-topic: Britney's "Brave New Girl" kinda copy+pasted it in the verses :fan:

• Like 1

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WhateverYouWant

• ImpressMeMuch

• kataraqueen

• Eternium

6 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

Oh oki and did she say anything about the obvious parallels between the imagery? If not then this is literally what Justin Timberlake did to her. Said it was an innocent video reference, then fully used her private story for his own gain.

It's Halsey's video and creative vision. Sure there are parallels, but why approve a song being sampled if you won't let the artist take it in whatever direction they wish, as long as it is authentic, personal, and meaningful? Britney should be proud that a song has been reinvented and birthed this much meaning in a video form as well. There's nothing shameful in Britney's past.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Halsey has cancer. It's actually not required to talk to anyone about anything. This song/video is personal to Halsey. Just because it samples Britney does not mean anything. And why is it taboo or like "forbidden" that Britney was once bald?

Either way, Britney clearly overreacted and when she understood the full context of Halsey's life, she deleted her post out of respect.

Respect or suggestion from the lawyers she claimed to be talking to :suburban:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Freakshowvato said:

Halsey has cancer. It's actually not required to talk to anyone about anything. This song/video is personal to Halsey. Just because it samples Britney does not mean anything. And why is it taboo or like "forbidden" that Britney was once bald?

Either way, Britney clearly overreacted and when she understood the full context of Halsey's life, she deleted her post out of respect.

She's also in a naked cat suit typa situation with a bright red wig like it's not "just" a sample, the parallels are drawn very clearly

LOVE Halsey though stream Lucky my halsinators ♥️♥️

Someone obviously explained the context to her but again, a rational adult doesn't lash out and THEN ask questions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

OKAY this is giving publicity stunt. Get those views I guess Ms Halsey

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

The lack of interpretive skills in this thread. Halsey is cosplaying as Britney throughout the video and she absolutely drew parallels between herself and Britney. She intentionally used the extremely intentional imagery of bald Britney to draw a parallel to her cancer, which is honestly so weird?

I understand it's supposed to be empowering and I understand Halsey's intention, but the reality is that there really was nothing weird about Britney going bald. The media demonized her for nothing. It was a CHOICE. And going bald due to chemo is not a choice, it's often times a horrible moment for people with cancer, so she's literally acting as if Britney shaving her head was as bad as one of the worst moments during cancer therapy. This is bizarre for obvious reasons.

I'm not saying Halsey had bad intentions, but if she couldn't get a proper line of communication before she carelessly decided to use Britney's story like this, then Britney has every single right to respond publicly and you're all weirdos for trying to silence her.

The essays defending this nonsense, only for Britney to backtrack minutes later :ahh:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Britney is just not the same person anymore. They ruined her. Our 1999-2016 queen Britney Spears is dead. They changed her brain chemistry.

• Thumbs Down 1

I love Britney but she is mentally ill and if you expect anything different in 2024 that's on you boo :heart2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

How is it 2024 and you still haven't worked on your reading comprehension? 

I'm not the one who went off on Halsey because I completely misunderstood her, am I?

mFDr3vy.gif

2 minutes ago, Zeferino said:

Close the thread :suburban:

Never do that. Britney might change her mind again in 3.....2.....1 

spacer.png

Also let Balsey get some promo gor she deserves it 

spacer.png 

This is too funny.  Makes me like Britney more 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, kataraqueen said:

She's also in a naked cat suit typa situation with a bright red wig like it's not "just" a sample, the parallels are drawn very clearly

LOVE Halsey though stream Lucky my halsinators ♥️♥️

Honestly, Halsey's journey with her health scares and cancer is much more at the forefront of this video and sample than anything having to do with Britney once being bald. If you take the time to see the context, you realize this is not about Britney at all. and Britney herself realized that and backtracked.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Freakshowvato said:

It's Halsey's video and creative vision. Sure there are parallels, but why approve a song being sampled if you won't let the artist take it in whatever direction they wish, as long as it is authentic, personal, and meaningful? Britney should be proud that a song has been reinvented and birthed this much meaning in a video form as well. There's nothing shameful in Britney's past.

you know what tea

there's nothing shameful in Britney's past and there's nothing shameful in her PTSD-like induced reaction to it. I'm glad they hashed it out because the intent was clear and I'm happy Halsey is sharing her story in such a meaningful way :alexz3:

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

the Knees in here dragging Halsey suddenly bending backwards after Britney deleted her statement... they end up lookin like damn flamingos

22050963_10155892204300362_8469229069705462133_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=13d280&_nc_ohc=HZuK-KQkRPUQ7kNvgFEHV7q&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AYBBG5aiCoaxvwpv4L-e7ugGDAMRyoxkdo4oydo8_bEY0A&oe=66CB9D01

mFDr3vy.gif

So funny :ahh:

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

When Britney found more information out about what happened, she walked her statement back and expressed kindness towards Halsey.

if Britney wanted to "walk it back" she should've said as much instead of trying to claim that she never posted it in the first place.

mFDr3vy.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, scheibe said:

Britney is right

oh well...

The way Britney and her fans have literally become the biggest turds online is for the books.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

I'm not the one who went off on Halsey because I completely misunderstood her, am I?

mFDr3vy.gif

No, you're the ******* who went off on Britney because you completely misunderstood Halsey's video and Britney's pain. Whereas Britney walked back her statement when she saw Halsey's intention, you're doubling down on being the same ignorant ******* you've been for the past decade. Congratulations?

mFDr3vy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

My queen is so messy, I hope she drags Xtina next. :suburban:

• Haha 5

the backtracking nnnnnn

4 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Someone obviously explained the context to her but again, a rational adult doesn't lash out and THEN ask questions. 

Adults would have talked to her before the release. Leeches, including Halsey, did this behind her back. But I guess that she was always a fan 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.