Vought Rising: 'The Boys' prequel announced, starring Jensen Ackles

Park Jinyoung

The Boys universe is expanding in a BIG way with its first spinoff featuring actors from the hugely popular Prime Video superhero series. Jensen Ackles and Aya Cashare set to headline and produce Vought Rising, a prequel to mothership series, in which they will reprise their characters from The Boys, Soldier Boy and Stormfront, respectively

"It's a twisted murder mystery about the origins of Vought in the 1950s, the early exploits of Soldier Boy, and the diabolical maneuvers of a Supe known to fans as Stormfront, who was then going by the name Clara Vought," they said, adding, "We cannot wait to blow your minds and trouble your souls with this salacious, grisly saga drenched in blood and Compound V."

https://deadline.com/2024/07/the-boys-prequel-series-jensen-ackles-aya-cash-prime-video-1236022514/

Hmmm…… Gen V is better than The Boys, so maybe this prequel will be good too.

Maybe they should stop? Already milking the franchise like crazy.

• Like 2

I'll only be watching for Aya Cash. :duca:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

I do wish it was all a bit more thought-out and fleshed out but not everything can be a LOTR I guess

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The amount of work editors and make-up artists will have to do to make jensen younger

They should cast someone else if they want to make this prequel 

Jensen doesn't look that young

• Thumbs Down 1

Interesting 

17 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

How are they milking the franchise? Gen V is actually a breath of fresh air and a much better show than The Boys from a storyline perspective. The Boys is good but it's a hollow, 1 dimensional, and gimmicky show in comparison to Gen V. The only interesting character on The Boys is Homelander himself and arguably Ashley. The rest are so boring.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

No, Jensen is hot so stop after this 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Don't forget there's also going to be The Boys: Mexico :lakitu:

• Thumbs Down 1

Kind of funny how the show started out satirising the state of modern superhero franchises, then now they're doing the same thing with all the spinoffs :clown:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Buffy said:

How are they milking the franchise? Gen V is actually a breath of fresh air and a much better show than The Boys from a storyline perspective. The Boys is good but it's a hollow, 1 dimensional, and gimmicky show in comparison to Gen V. The only interesting character on The Boys is Homelander himself and arguably Ashley. The rest are so boring.

Gen V was great and kind of fizzled out mid season. Not everything needs a prequel.
I will be seated and watching cuz I like the show but I have my doubts.

2 minutes ago, Park Jinyoung said:

Don't forget there's also going to be The Boys: Mexico :lakitu:

Now wtf is that? :deadvision:

• Haha 1

I don't know how to feel about this. Jensen Ackles and Aya Cash did great in their original roles on The Boys but I'm not sure if these spin-offs are necessary.

• Like 1

I'm definitely interested in seeing the dynamic of Soldier Boy and Payback, but I have reservations about having to see Stormfront be anything but limbless and bedridden again. Hoping someone is there to beat her ass again!

Its kind of obvious that this is only happening because Kripke likes working with Jensen, which is fine as long as the material is good in the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Airelinn said:

The amount of work editors and make-up artists will have to do to make jensen younger

They should cast someone else if they want to make this prequel 

Jensen doesn't look that young

she wouldnt look younger but the same as she did on the show.

• Like 1

I'm on S2 and the plot is already THIN. :deadbanana2:

Someone tell me it gets better.

• Thumbs Down 1

The producers pandering to Jensen's online popularity is kind of hilarious, they've become what they originally set out to parody :rip: 

• Like 4

The Boys showrunner says new spin-off Vought Rising was originally rejected four years ago and now it's the comic book creator's "favorite" project from the TV team

"In 2020, I went to Amazon to pitch them two spin-offs." Kripke said. "One was Gen V, and one was Vought Rising. They bought Gen V and said, depending on how it goes, we'll do Vought Rising too."

Kripke continued, "It just makes so much sense to me because The Boys, at its heart, is a film noir cops-and-robbers story. If you ask [comic co-creator] Garth Ennis what inspired The Boys, he says James Ellroy novels. To go back to the source and do L.A. Confidential with superheroes with fedoras and trenchcoats makes so much sense to me. It's so visual and cool."

https://www.gamesradar.com/entertainment/superhero-shows/the-boys-comic-creator-vought-rising-reaction-rejected-pitch/

On 7/26/2024 at 7:00 PM, Raichu said:

I'm definitely interested in seeing the dynamic of Soldier Boy and Payback, but I have reservations about having to see Stormfront be anything but limbless and bedridden again. Hoping someone is there to beat her ass again!

Its kind of obvious that this is only happening because Kripke likes working with Jensen, which is fine as long as the material is good in the end.

Payback won't be featured because their run was during the 1970s, and this spinoff is set during the 1950s

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.