Lady Gaga brings the cabaret to 2024 Olympics Opening Ceremony in Paris

rafael-abc

5 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

She got overshadowed by Celine, who's all over my timeline.

It feels right for this to be Celine's moment! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrpartyrocker

• Vegvisir

• theboyismine

• longjohn9898

but atrl told me she's untalented and it was a school talent show level performance. they lied?

spacer.png

• Haha 2

The talent won once again :heart: 

• Like 2

Apparently she prerecorded the performance hours before the event.

Tbf if I was performing in front of billion people by their tvs I'd also pre-record in case I make a mistake and can do it again and again.... 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

Tbf if I was performing in front of billion people by their tvs I'd also pre-record in case I make a mistake and can do it again and again.... 

cause it was expected to rain during her set

Edited by Mix
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mix said:

cause it was expected rain during her set

Yes.. and I said that if I were her I'd do the same too... :michael:

36 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Oh no! Fadga_is_cringe is disappointed that the performance was pre-recorded, I'm sure they would've loved if it was actually live, too bad :chick3:

• Haha 11

3 minutes ago, Colmillo said:

Oh no! Fadga_is_cringe is disappointed that the performance was pre-recorded, I'm sure they would've loved if it was actually live, too bad :chick3:

Tbf it was the account that had the video and appeared in my feed. :michael:

For performances during live spectacles such as the Olympics or, in the US, the Thanksgiving parade, the expectation is different since there are too many external factors outside of the artist's control, compared to a tour or something. Considering what the assignment was (an American brought in singing in French for an international crowd), I would've liked more oomph and razzle dazzle, but it was cute.

Mon truc en plumes!

She deserved a better stage but she did great and she looked so happy

• Like 1

The highlights. It's a brat summer :clap3:

A respected and acclaimed legend:clap3:

• Like 1

Even with that setting and camera work, she still gets praised and acclaimed because she always exudes TALENT. :heart2:

• Like 1

Lady Gaga is a global sensation and one of the most renowned entertainers alive today :clap3:

• Like 1

I was expecting something different maybe that's why i wasn't impressed, and at least in my TV i was hearing her voice twice with a one second delay so it was like she was singing live over a pre recorded track with the later being way louder. It messed up a little.

And panned by the GP :clap3:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 17

I see the only ones hating on the performance are Katy Cats, Swifties, and other people who know nothing about singing and performing talent :celestial5:

Gaga did deserve better staging, but for an opening musical performer for the Olympics on the Seine with zero rehearsal, no autotune, and no special effects, she delivered an undeniably pitch-perfect, fun rendition of a song in a language that is not her primary language that is being lauded by people and press all over the world. Others can't relate because there are so few artists that could do what she did, relying on zero effects and simultaneously honoring French culture and people. If you find yourself hating on a performance like this, you may want to look at performances you do like and realize you have no taste :suburban:

• Like 6

The global acclaim

hBAjzkhx_o.thumb.gif.fb12b337d6d6cfbed42

• Like 1

A living legend :clap3:

• Like 1

I personally think it was a really decent performance, was it one of her best? Perhaps not, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't entertaining and well done. She sounded beautiful and seemed to enjoy every minute of it and that in itself is an accomplishment. 

Lady Gaga you will always be a star :heart:

• Like 1

using Cosmopolitan as receipt?  and that's the acclaim? :bibliahh: i don't see any press writing her a 5-star review? :bibliahh: the truth is this is a forgettable moment for such a big event, when there is almost nothing to praise they commented on the look, while it's a shameless knockoff by Dior. :bibliahh:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 20

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.