Lady Gaga brings the cabaret to 2024 Olympics Opening Ceremony in Paris

rafael-abc

10 years ago she and Katy were fighting for #1, now they're fighting for that 'universally panned' title.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrpartyrocker

• Vegvisir

• theboyismine

• Femininomenon

She's naturally a great performer so  obviously she did fine. Ofc it was camp! too. I think the daytime setting brings the whole thing down and it would have looked better with a good lighting game though.

Havent seen the whole thing yet except for a few vids on X, but this entire opening ceremony looks....**** 

• Like 3

This performance reminds me of DebutGaga.  Having fun and being so animated yet so dedicated to the execution. :allears: Incredible performance.

You can tell her vocals aren't what they used to be, but she has gotten so, so much better. Her tone is so much lighter. At times, she sounds a bit like her 2009 self. 

She looked great, but the performance was seriously mid.

• Like 1

it was very mid

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Gaga must such a good performer that apparently anything she does including covering another artist song apparently is pretentious.

1 hour ago, Vegvisir said:

You keep replying like you ate or something but you're doing nothing of the sort.

No amount of condescending quips about how I'm spending my time will flip the table here - you're the one fuming, starting fights and in the lead for most embarrassing ATRLer of the day... and it's only mid-afternoon! :relax:

ANYWAY... so proud of Gaga and hoping for one more appearance!

uDZ0vXl.gif

No amount of condescending quips about how I'm spending my time will flip the table here - the performance was awful:relax:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, mrpartyrocker said:

Gaga is getting praised.

:clownny:

• Thumbs Down 1

The way Gaga & Ariana are besties irl and literally created a Grammy winning song together. Trying to contrive a stan war out of thin air is pointless, pathetic, and a bad look. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

The performance was nothing special, but she did it live and in French, that's more than most artists would ever dream of.

3 hours ago, theboyismine said:

hasn't chromatica been stuck at 3M copies sold

2 hours ago, theboyismine said:

how quickly you brought up the pure sales topic (in this enviroment) while avoiding the streaming numbers discussion

The math is not adding up, darling

781F3A41-0D3F-4148-BE72-8F50C96748A5.thu

I must say this is the best she has looked in some time. She looked very alive and joyful on stage.

1 hour ago, nadiamendell said:

The OGHs SEETHING in here because they know their faves would never be asked to perform for something like this. :ahh:

What did I miss?? Why are the Taylor stans so upset about this lol

26 minutes ago, frankvert said:

The way Gaga & Ariana are besties irl and literally created a Grammy winning song together. Trying to contrive a stan war out of thin air is pointless, pathetic, and a bad look. 

spacer.png

that is not an Ariana stan, he's just hiding behind her. 

OT: Gaga the legend that you are :jonnycat:

It was cute. I wasnt amazed as I hated the fact how it was in full daylight and some of the camera angles could have been better. She sounded amazing tho, I wish she performed at night, even on that floating piano

I found it odd that she was chosen, non-french to open the Paris Olympics. But then again, she's Lady Gaga. 

2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Havent seen the whole thing yet except for a few vids on X, but this entire opening ceremony looks....**** 

the ceremony itself was awful lol

just messy and all over the place

• Haha 1

Why did they give her such an awkward place to perform on? :rip: This is the olympics and looks so low budget. 

• Like 3

Saw it on TV

cute, she barely dances but that's very her

• Like 1

She did fine but it looked so low budget and mid. Like an Ava Max budget or something 

• Haha 2

This was weak as ****. The setting and camera work did her no favors.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.