360 #1 on TTH while not being top 50, why?

Squall

It's a brat summer and we're lucky to be living in it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Riverbank

• Sazare

• Chemist

Yeah, 360
When you're in the mirror, do you like what you see?
When you're in the mirror, you're just looking at me
I'm everywhere, I'm so Julia

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Squall said:

I said it was pushed to #1 on the biggest playlist of the platform

Correct

whose point is to highlight today's TOP HITS

Correct. You're getting there

while only being around #50 in terms of streams.

Nope. This is what you said:

360 #1 on TTH while not being top 50, why?

Again, it is not my fault you didn't provide any further clarification to your inquiry in the OP. All we have is the thread title, and it clearly states that the song shouldn't be #1 on TTH as long as it's outside the top 50. The latter has been debunked, therefore it earned its #1 position. Keep re-reading this and you'll figure it out eventually.

And either way, the song just keeps rising on a daily basis so it might be too late to backpedal and invent new temporary qualifications now :heart:

My sentence didn't mean « you need to be top 50 to be #1 on TTH »

It's nice that you felt the need to edit this one in to save face. But again, this is not what you said. Refer to the quote above

If you don't think there is an anomaly between being #1 on the playlist and #50 in terms of streams and popularity, there's nothing I can do :rip:

If you're gonna move goalposts at least have the decency to accept your L first :rip: But anyway, we'll make sure to mention you when Apple (a song with no TTH push) overtakes your fave's latest single in daily streams (a song which is playlisted on TTH)

IgNK7sV.gif

Edited by Riverbank
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

On 7/26/2024 at 12:51 PM, xfreshkidxx said:

"Its a brat summer" and no ones streaming 

On 7/26/2024 at 4:12 PM, TedMiracle said:

It's brat summer .... here in ATRL

23 hours ago, Sazare said:

Because brat is an album made for memes, not for actually listening to or enjoying. It's grade-A performance art and grade-C music. This includes 360, which features a fun little beat and really not much else.

Time to hit AG up for the next album Miss Aitchison!

23 hours ago, Sazare said:

Isn't that the crux of the OP's point though? If everyone's talking about it and it's getting prime playlist promo, why are relatively few people actually listening

The actual music feels practically tertiary at this point.

11 hours ago, Lagerfeld said:

We were told it's brat summer but the impact is to be seen outside of the circuit gays' community.

ne7LodF.gif

All of this :clap3:

It's NOT a brat summer outside of LGBTQ+ Gen Z people in the western hemisphere, the music is campy and not groundbreaking, and it does not have the mainstream cultural impact they think it does :skull:

Also the way everyone is getting super defensive over a very simple (and quite logical) question is giving cult :dies:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

1 minute ago, Riverbank said:

Correct

Correct. You're getting there

Nope. This is what you said:

Again, it is not my fault you didn't provide any further clarification to your inquiry in the OP. All we have is the thread title, and it clearly states that the song shouldn't be #1 on TTH as long as it's outside the top 50. The latter has been debunked, therefore it earned its #1 position. Keep re-reading this and you'll figure it out eventually.

And either way, the song just keeps rising on a daily basis so it might be too late to backpedal and invent new temporary qualifications now :heart:

It's nice that you felt the need to edit this one in to save face. But again, this is not what you said. Refer to the quote above

If you're gonna move goalposts at leave have the decency to accept your L first :rip: But anyway, we'll make sure to mention you when Apple (a song with no TTH push) overtakes your fave's latest single in daily streams (a song which is playlisted on TTH)

IgNK7sV.gif

This is what Gen Z is? I understand why people are freaking out if your stupidity is a sign of the whole generation's state :rip: 

It was #51, saying « around #50 » included this position. Spoiler alert: if the song was #61 while being #1 on TTH, then the title would have been « out of the top 60 ». Yet, it still wouldn't mean entering the top 60 would make it a legit #1 TTH holder. Trust me, you trying to twist the meaning of a sentence because it was not explicit enough for your brain is not the serve you think it is. :rip: 

5 minutes ago, heckinglovato said:

All of this :clap3:

It's NOT a brat summer outside of LGBTQ+ Gen Z people in the western hemisphere, the music is campy and not groundbreaking, and it does not have the mainstream cultural impact they think it does :skull:

Also the way everyone is getting super defensive over a very simple (and quite logical) question is giving cult :dies:

Yeah I don't know why they are all so agressive, it seems like you can't ask if being low in terms of streams while being pushed to the highest position of the biggest playlist is normal, otherwise you are hateful and stupid :skull: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

25 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

spacer.png

You're so Julia

FV3NvoJ.gif

• Like 2

guess

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squall said:

This is what Gen Z is? I understand why people are freaking out if your stupidity is a sign of the whole generation's state :rip: 

It was #51, saying « around #50 » included this position. Spoiler alert: if the song was #61 while being #1 on TTH, then the title would have been « out of the top 60 ». Yet, it still wouldn't mean entering the top 60 would make it a legit #1 TTH holder. Trust me, you trying to twist the meaning of a sentence because it was not explicit enough for your brain is not the serve you think it is. :rip: 

I'm not really interested to engage in this brainrot of an argument anymore since it seems difficult for you to grasp basic and simple concepts

You can always email Spotify HQ to explain your frustration about Charli XCX's inclusion on their playlist. Make sure to use nice words. You can also make a thread outlining the standards and criteria a song needs to meet to be considered a true, Squall-certified hit while waiting for their reply.

ne7LodF.gif

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Riverbank said:

I'm not really interested to engage in this brainrot of an argument anymore since it seems difficult for you to grasp basic and simple concepts

You can always email Spotify HQ to explain your frustration about Charli XCX's inclusion on their playlist. Make sure to use nice words. You can also make a thread outlining the standards and criteria a song needs to meet to be considered a true, Squall-certified hit while waiting for their reply.

ne7LodF.gif

I agree, there is no point in going further since you can't understand basic words and sentences.

7 minutes ago, Squall said:

I agree, there is no point in going further since you can't understand basic words and sentences.

Yeah, hurry up with that email though before Apple's appearance on that playlist makes you fume even harder :heart:

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

Yeah, hurry up with that email though before Apple's appearance on that playlist makes you fume even harder :heart:

Which would also be payola btw :skull: was just listening to Tana saying she's literally getting paid to dance to Apple on tiktok 

On 7/26/2024 at 4:12 AM, Squall said:

How do you explain it?

Guess this must be what people call BRAT's cultural impact!

• Thumbs Down 1

If this happened to someone ATRL doesn't like, y'all would be kicking and screaming, crying about payola. But since it's someone who appeals to white gays, it's yasss brat summer 

:suburban:

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

On 7/26/2024 at 1:40 PM, Sazare said:

Because brat is an album made for memes, not for actually listening to or enjoying. It's grade-A performance art and grade-C music. 

It's literally the most acclaimed album of the year :deadbanana2:

• Like 2

Not this thread tremendously backfiring on the OP :bibliahh:

Charli and Dua really has them that PressedT that they're willing to embarrass themselves repeatedly with their delusional takes. You know Charli really is THAT MPG when she has haters that are so dedicated

spacer.png

• Haha 4

On 7/26/2024 at 12:40 PM, Sazare said:

Because brat is an album made for memes, not for actually listening to or enjoying. It's grade-A performance art and grade-C music. This includes 360, which features a fun little beat and really not much else.

Time to hit AG up for the next album Miss Aitchison!

Imagine saying this about the 16th most acclaimed album in Metacritic's history :rip: you gotta be really tasteless.

It's BRAT SUMMER... album of the year,  critic fave of the year, Meme album of the year, soundtrack of the election year.. it's BRAT YEAR, and the losers will have to deal!!

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

Girl worry about Khia Lovato not charting anywhere since Covid

Yeah Demi is a flop what's your point :dies: why can't y'all have any discussion about Charli without getting sensitive and personal? What are y'all so insecure about :dies:

Oh that fan base is big mad :ahh:the OP getting lashed left and right too omg

brat summer has them shook 

IgNK7sV.gif 

• Like 2

Label payola. 

Let this be a lesson that sometimes, you can just choose to shut up and go on with the rest of the 'life outside ATRL' you speak of.  :heart2:

OT: We love and support Charli XCX! This is long overdue for her, and I'm happy she's getting all this attention as an artist :clap3:

Edited by Ethereaaal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.