Sheila E.: Prince re-recorded his own version of 'Bad' after MJ sent it to him

Wicked

Why would he delete:ghostface:

Very on brand for Prince. He was adamant that his voice and his music would not be used to make profit even after his death. He had so much conviction and really stood on business and artistic integrity. :clap3: 

And Prince was doing the absolute MOST with that line. He could've just said 'No I don't want to collab with you because we have 2 different ways of crafting and executing music." The same man who was dancing in ass-less chaps with a mean silk press draws the line at singing 'your butt is mine…' 

like okay girl… go off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Not him deleting it. :jonny2: Sheila why would you get our hopes up and then rip them apart 10 seconds later. :weeps: I would have loved to hear it.

The idea people have that Prince and MJ had a rivalry couldn't be further from the truth. They both had a deep respect for each other. It's said that Prince locked himself in his bedroom for 4 days when Michael passed.

5 minutes ago, Burn said:

Not him deleting it. :jonny2: Sheila why would you get our hopes up and then rip them apart 10 seconds later. :weeps: I would have loved to hear it.

The idea people have that Prince and MJ had a rivalry couldn't be further from the truth. They both had a deep respect for each other. It's said that Prince locked himself in his bedroom for 4 days when Michael passed.

I would'nt call it a rivalry, but they def viewed each other as competitors, just respectfully. 

The fanbases have more a rivalry than they did :skull:

• Like 5

I'm surprised cause I thought Prince hated Michael :gaycattel:

Prince was so petty. :ahh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Burn said:

Right :ahh:

Prince would've hated the social media era, b/c somebody definitely would've leaked some of those covers (and prob forced him to release- if it went viral). :rip:  

My how times have changed.  I love it and hate it at the same time.  

7 hours ago, mons†er said:

And Prince was doing the absolute MOST with that line. He could've just said 'No I don't want to collab with you because we have 2 different ways of crafting and executing music." The same man who was dancing in ass-less chaps with a mean silk press draws the line at singing 'your butt is mine…' 

The fact they could've just rewritten the line like Nicki and Cardi on Motorsport lol Instead we got nothing 

• Like 2

It's funny he didn't like the line "your butt is mine" but has songs like j*ck u off and we can f**k

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

The fact they could've just rewritten the line like Nicki and Cardi on Motorsport lol Instead we got nothing 

I think it really came down to Prince just not vibing with MJ's stratosphere of artistry and celebrity. He was the opposite of MJ and wanted to be as far away from being connected to him as possible. I felt as though Prince wanted them both to stand on their own and in their own music. 

• Like 1

icon looks good 

seems like something prince would do :thing: 

On 7/26/2024 at 12:18 AM, mons†er said:

Very on brand for Prince. He was adamant that his voice and his music would not be used to make profit even after his death. He had so much conviction and really stood on business and artistic integrity. :clap3: 

like okay girl… go off. 

:laugh: exactly! Ever since I heard that story of why he turned down the 'Bad' feature, I can't unhear him talking about it whenever I listen to the song lol.

"the first line of that song is 'your butt is mine', now who gon sang that to whom?, because I sholl ain't sanging that to you and you sholl ain't sanging that to me" :toofunny3:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.