Bonnie McKee dances to Joyride

Walk_Away21

8 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

She keeps trying to convince us that Honey isn't about her, huh?

6 hours ago, Gavin. said:

Whattttt. It's about Bonnie????

2 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Girl, so confusing.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Honey really is about Bonnie…it's just a fan theory after all (a plausible one, but still unconfirmed).

Regardless, even if Honey is about Bonnie, she clearly supports Kesha and there is obviously no bad blood between them:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, applestar said:

And nobodys dancing to jennys got a boyfriend :fish:

Hi, applestar. My name is "nobodys", nice to meet you.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ThePopStop said:

I wonder why Katy won't reach out to Bonnie considering she is working with Max and Luke again.

Bonnie doesn't want to work with Luke. As soon as the "drama" between him and Kesha appeared Bonnie cut all ties with Luke, the only song they had together was discarded from her album.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Illyboy said:

Bonnie doesn't want to work with Luke. As soon as the "drama" between him and Kesha appeared Bonnie cut all ties with Luke, the only song they had together was discarded from her album.

Also:

I had so much on the line. I was dealing with Dr. Luke and Max Martin and all of these big names and complicated contracts and like kind of manipulative crazy people and I just needed to have my head on straight because I was easy to be taken advantage of.

I don't think there's anything I could've done differently. I think I got the best deal that I could've gotten at the time. I was nobody. I had nothing going on and Luke took a chance on me. Luke's deals are famously bad. Everybody knows that. It's fine. He's a brilliant businessman so he's getting his. And he gave me my career. I felt it was a bit of a deal with the devil. But most of these deals are. It's just that the face changes.

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/105618181.html?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vespertine said:

lol Katy has not had a career post Bonnie. 

Everything that was ever "iconic" about TD-era Katy was Bonnie. 

Katy Perry (when she was popular) was a group project spearheaded by several more talented people. 

Y'll act like Katy didn't already have 3 top 10 hits before TD (with no Bonnie in sight). Bonnie didn't even write on "Firework" - aka the biggest hit of the era. She also had no credit on "Dark Horse" aka Katy's biggest hit of her career. 

But her success if all because of Bonnie. Sure Jan

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The replies and quotes are littered with Katy stans attacking her in all sorts of ways :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Don't let that misogyny kick you on your way out..

It's misogynistic to recognize that a different, more talented woman wrote many of Katy's hits and clearly helped craft her image? :lmao: Keep grasping! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Vespertine said:

It's misogynistic to recognize that a different, more talented woman wrote many of Katy's hits and clearly helped craft her image? :lmao: Keep grasping! 

So disparaging a woman's life's work is fine and not misogynistic in your mind  cuz you're passing all the credit to another woman? Lmao. 

Perhaps you should take a look at disparaging remarks of a similar ilk your own fave faced and note her response:

I write ALL of my own songs. Your hot take is completely false and SO damaging," Taylor wrote. "You don't have to like my songs, but it's really f--ked up to try and discredit my writing.

https://www.distractify.com/p/does-taylor-swift-write-her-own-songs

Bonnie McKee had nothing to do with the writing or aesthetics of IKAG, Hot N Cold, Waking Up In Vegas, Firework, Dark Horse,... so you can sit your misogynistic ass right down and let it marinate for a good while. The disrespect untoward Katy Perry based on literal lies is coming from an absolutely mental place and I'm really tired of it :ryan:

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not the katy kats in here trashing Bonnie just because her fave doesn't get anyone's support (apart from some Z-listers)

their blood is boiling at this point

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Katy.Kat.23 said:

The biggest single from Teenage Dream had nothing to do with Bonnie, nor the 11x platinum (14x+ eligible) Dark Horse :chick1:

You mean ET?

You're going to totally discredit the 3 #1 singles from TD that Bonnie was directly responsible for? 

She wrote the chorus for Teenage Dream, hell she even came up with the phrase "Teenage Dream" for the song that became the name for the entire album. 

Get real. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TomTom said:

Honestly, I'm not sure if Honey really is about Bonnie…it's just a fan theory after all (a plausible one, but still unconfirmed).

Regardless, even if Honey is about Bonnie, she clearly supports Kesha and there is obviously no bad blood between them:

This "fan theory" is new to me but I just listened to the song and I don't think it's about Bonnie. C'Mon is the only song of Kesha's that she has writing credit on and there's never been any stories of them hanging out and being friends like there was of Katy and Bonnie. 

4 hours ago, Illyboy said:

Bonnie said she only had one song written with Luke and said it wasn't that great.

Personally I think she saw what was going on between Kesha and Luke and stayed away. I always found it so strange that her debut lead single, American Girl, had no Luke on it. And now that Hot City is out, he's not on it either. 

Bonnie made the right choice though. It's a shame she was never given a proper chance at mainstream fame though. She had it all: The image, personality, skills.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

So disparaging a woman's life's work is fine and not misogynistic in your mind  cuz you're passing all the credit to another woman? Lmao. 

Perhaps you should take a look at disparaging remarks of a similar ilk your own fave faced and note her response:

I write ALL of my own songs. Your hot take is completely false and SO damaging," Taylor wrote. "You don't have to like my songs, but it's really f--ked up to try and discredit my writing.

https://www.distractify.com/p/does-taylor-swift-write-her-own-songs

Bonnie McKee had nothing to do with the writing or aesthetics of IKAG, Hot N Cold, Waking Up In Vegas, Firework, Dark Horse,... so you can sit your misogynistic ass right down and let it marinate for a good while. The disrespect untoward Katy Perry based on literal lies is coming from an absolutely mental place and I'm really tired of it :ryan:

Yeah, and other more talented people wrote all of those songs. Lmao. Katy's "life work" has been a ******* dumpster fire since the creative teams that actually made TD and Prism eras left.

Call it misogynistic all you want, but it's not my fault that Katy Perry is talentless. I'd say that about many men in the music industry too, don't worry :)

The Taylor quote is an awful comparison considering Taylor is actually a songwriter and musician :lmao: 

Let's not get it twisted: the Teenage Dream ERA, which is what cemented Katy as a main pop girl, was Bonnie's brainchild.

What's actually misogynistic is the fact that Bonnie never got the opportunities Katy has had in the industry—despite the fact that Katy is an awful singer, has awful ideas for music videos, has no discernable musical talent, writes atrocious clunky lyrics when left to her own devices or abandoned by people like Bonnie, Ester Dean, Cirkut, Max, etc., has never written any music on her own… 

What's actually misogynistic is the fact that Katy Perry just released a "woman empowerment anthem" written by a bunch of men and produced by an abuser of women :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 hours ago, ThePopStop said:

You mean ET?

You're going to totally discredit the 3 #1 singles from TD that Bonnie was directly responsible for? 

She wrote the chorus for Teenage Dream, hell she even came up with the phrase "Teenage Dream" for the song that became the name for the entire album. 

Get real. 

Firework baby, so no I did not mean ET but thanks for another example of Katy not needing Bonnie for a smash :chick1: why should Bonnie being credited invalidate Katy's involvement? There's a reason Bonnie hasn't been able to take off nor write as big of hits for other people. It's a symbiotic relationship babes 

Edited by Katy.Kat.23

I didn't know Honey was about Bonnie :eek:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.