Does Everybody Have a Price?

BOOMBAYAH

I remember reading ages ago that actress Sophie Turner voted Green (in the UK, this is the left-wing party) and that her family voted Labour (center-left, though more centrist nowadays). So I was kind of shocked when, after her divorce drama, she was seen with a British aristocrat, as that class of people is usually right-wing or right-wing adjacent. Ellie Goulding, who grew up working class and lived on a council estate, has also married into the aristocratic class. These two girls, especially Sophie since she came out as a Green supporter, ended up with aristocrats and will have to play the right-wing game for the rest of their lives. These situations had me thinking: does everyone have a price when it comes to their politics and morality? Would you throw away your politics and worldview to have something you want, whether that be marrying into the rich aristocracy or something else?

peregrine-pearson-and-sophie-turner-atteAP_19243593160306.jpg

You can marry someone with other political beliefs than you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Whether it's love, fame, wealth or whatever, I truly believe everyone has a price. I don't think the examples provided in OP necessarily constitute sacrificing morals for something else though.

spacer.png

I'm more shocked this is her husband bc it's giving mother and son

Anyway yes, everyone has their price

• Haha 1

I would like to marry someone who can ride me all morning long, then walk around the city singing, then in the afternoon sitting down and writing together, and in the evening throw dance parties, while i sit on the couch and he entertains. :cm: Then sleep. 
And obviously somebody who i find sexually attractive. When you know you know. 
These factors are not all necessary, since if a person pays me their whole attention when we spend time together i am quite fine spending weeks and even months and sometimes even years apart. 
And i tend to how do i put it, not get involved in the personal lives of my boyfriends. :cm:
I really could care less. I just like having quality time together.

So when you think about it, it makes complete sense that i'm single and mess around. 
Because i get everything i need from the people i see when i see them. And then when i don't see them i'm usually listening to people's music or seeing other people.

Sure, my mom says i should have one partner and i agree that that could be a logical ending. 
But first of all, it's VERY hard to make me stay. 
Usually the ones i'm most compatible with, WELL FIRST OFF, ha 

Looking back at my college life, i have come to find, i met a lot of really nice people. 
But the relationships that were formed were so much more special than your typical, going out on dates, buying presents, moving in together, getting married, having kids.

It was different. There was something way more magical in my dating life. Way more magical. 
Because these relationships were little kernels of love from a s*** ton of people instead of there being like one particular person. 
It was like a little community we built of love. 
And sure, i could tell you that AirPods really stuck out to me, or STD BOI really stuck out to me. And i sit here and i think i wonder what STD BOI is up to. 
I met so many people i spend most of my days just like wondering what they are up to. :cm:

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, rhaenyra said:

spacer.png

I'm more shocked this is her husband bc it's giving mother and son

Anyway yes, everyone has their price

they are no longer together 

No. I get that we're all cynical or whatever but I would probably rather die than betray everything I stand for

yes, it's human nature. Por plata baila el mono

• Haha 1

wait how old is sophie turner now I can't even keep up like I still imagine her as Sansa Stark :redface:

Everyone has a price but people will also bend their morals for those who they care about. That's why parents defend their children even when they commit a crime. It's just how it works :hippo:

• Like 1

I don't think marrying into money is quite identical to what you're talking about...

Using celebs who are barely ever sincere about anything (due to the very nature of what it entails to be a public figure) as an example of this, is kind of hilarious :rip: 

I wonder how they sleep at.. night.

56 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

You can marry someone with other political beliefs than you

You can, but (without sounding cynical), it probably won't last very long if your beliefs diverge significantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

I remember reading ages ago that actress Sophie Turner voted Green (in the UK, this is the left-wing party) and that her family voted Labour (center-left, though more centrist nowadays). So I was kind of shocked when, after her divorce drama, she was seen with a British aristocrat, as that class of people is usually right-wing or right-wing adjacent. Ellie Goulding, who grew up working class and lived on a council estate, has also married into the aristocratic class. 

It's mostly that young people go through a phase of being left wing and then become right wing.

Shailene Woodley is a notable example of this

Most celebrities come from wealthy celebrities and also generate a lot of money of their own, so I doubt it's about them having a price

Edited by Saintlor

well yeah, i think especially with celebrities that weren't born into wealth and suddenly find themselves welcomed by upper class circles as they become successful 

The common pattern is being rich and to some degree white. Regardless of the political party they associate with or support it's never going to affect their livelihood or threaten their right to exist. It's more like a hobby or performance to them. That's why the liberal woman and conservative man combo is more common than people think.

like shailene woodley who was tying herself to oil pipes in the name of native people and was a staunch advocate for climate change….just to get engaged to a QAnon right-wing freak   :deadbanana2:  

Edited by Minto

I couldn't marry someone who's political beliefs are completely opposite to mine.

I'll do anything for a Big Mac so yes !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, selena_lavigne said:

I would like to marry someone who can ride me all morning long, then walk around the city singing, then in the afternoon sitting down and writing together, and in the evening throw dance parties, while i sit on the couch and he entertains. :cm: Then sleep. 
And obviously somebody who i find sexually attractive. When you know you know. 
These factors are not all necessary, since if a person pays me their whole attention when we spend time together i am quite fine spending weeks and even months and sometimes even years apart. 
And i tend to how do i put it, not get involved in the personal lives of my boyfriends. :cm:
I really could care less. I just like having quality time together.

So when you think about it, it makes complete sense that i'm single and mess around. 
Because i get everything i need from the people i see when i see them. And then when i don't see them i'm usually listening to people's music or seeing other people.

Sure, my mom says i should have one partner and i agree that that could be a logical ending. 
But first of all, it's VERY hard to make me stay. 
Usually the ones i'm most compatible with, WELL FIRST OFF, ha 

Looking back at my college life, i have come to find, i met a lot of really nice people. 
But the relationships that were formed were so much more special than your typical, going out on dates, buying presents, moving in together, getting married, having kids.

It was different. There was something way more magical in my dating life. Way more magical. 
Because these relationships were little kernels of love from a s*** ton of people instead of there being like one particular person. 
It was like a little community we built of love. 
And sure, i could tell you that AirPods really stuck out to me, or STD BOI really stuck out to me. And i sit here and i think i wonder what STD BOI is up to. 
I met so many people i spend most of my days just like wondering what they are up to. :cm:

well hmu then :gaycat:

OT: mothaf*cka it's… twu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.