Taylor first artist to lose over -1000 spins in one day

spree

Late on payments? 

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

I think this is especially crazy because this song absolutely didn't have standard payola :deadbanana2: It was getting most of its spins during prime time (whereas most payola spins for truly unpopular songs happen overnight), and there was never a point where its gains started consistently picking up artificially, it was just gaining a little bit every day until she announced ICDIWABH as the followup and then it died. To me, it seems like radio was literally playing this out of obligation to Taylor as an artist, and the second they got the chance to drop it for something better, they did :deadbanana2:

I mean it also couldn't even go #1 on Pop while being a lead single during her imperial phase over the entire industry which shows how bad it was likely being received by listeners 

:rip:

It wasn't payola in the sense of her team pushing it, but clear favoritism in the sense of radio pushing it the most they could to try to make her team happy while also not straight up pissing their audience off. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, iHype. said:

I mean it also couldn't even go #1 on Pop while being a lead single during her imperial phase over the entire industry which shows how bad it was likely being received by listeners 

:rip:

It wasn't payola in the sense of her team pushing it, but clear favoritism in the sense of radio pushing it the most they could to try to make her team happy while also not straight up pissing their audience off. 

If I'm not mistaken, it actually had slightly better callouts than Is It Over Now (which was artificially boosted at the end, but didn't have nearly the same struggle on the way up), so it's not like it was immediately rejected by listeners like ME! or something. My guess is that people like the last 30 seconds of the song, but it takes so long to get to the build that listeners just lose interest by the end. Other than that, it seems pretty evident that radio didn't especially like it as the pick, though. I think the hook on Broken Heart will have a rapid burn rate, but I have a feeling it'll get to the top a lot faster. 

Edited by wastedpotential

9 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

If I'm not mistaken, it actually had slightly better callouts than Is It Over Now

No, IION?(TV) was surprisingly better received.

Promo for LWYMMD TV. :jonnycat:

She said

in the wrongs and the rights, taylor swift is thee music industry

38 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

It is what it is… After all, it's one of the weakest songs from the album, so it was expected. :clack:

4 hours ago, spree said:

Pop update:

7 17 TAYLOR SWIFT Fortnight f/Post Malone 5705 11601 -5896 11.033

-1047 Spins
-692 Bullet
-1.952 Audience

Taylor also has the biggest NEGATIVE bullet of all time now with -5896.

Woman's World is coming for the record, don't worry :ryan3:

5 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

I think this is especially crazy because this song absolutely didn't have standard payola :deadbanana2: It was getting most of its spins during prime time (whereas most payola spins for truly unpopular songs happen overnight)

Huh? The whole point of radio payola is to get the spins during rush hours. Labels are not paying to have these songs played in the dead of night lmao

• Like 1

Radio programmers were probably like "thank God we don't have to play this song ever again" :gaycat:

• Haha 3

Iconic essentially, her impact is being felt at this very moment. 

ay me willow

6 hours ago, Femininomenon said:

Radio programmers were probably like "thank God we don't have to play this song ever again" :gaycat:

:sistrens:

The west coast finally woke up 

She decreases the negative bullet even more and now it's -6314 :cupid:

Bigger than Die Young, I remember the negative updates were brutal.

Good times when atrl used to had an airplay megathread.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.