Marianne Williamson seizes delegates, gears up to challenge Kamala at convention

GraceRandolph

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

She didn't do well in 2020, and Marianne is more or less saying Kamala needs to be tested at the convention and prove herself capable of putting forward a vision for the country if we want her to be able to beat Trump.

What I'm saying is Harris was elected into the second most highest position in our government, who cares how well she polled in 2020 before VP.  We know her administration, we know her political views. 100 days before an election is not the time to argue amongst the party to decide who's the likeliest to win. Harris is the next in line, we knew this was a possibility when she was elected into office 4 years ago. She needs to focus on the American people and her opponent, and most of the party knows that. 

1 hour ago, Distantconstellation said:

I feel the same way about Marianne..she needs to run for local elections first and work her way up. I'm sure AIPAC is gonna dump millions to defeat Marianne though and prevent her from winning that election if it were to happen. 

Work your way up in politics is a great idea for someone who's in their 30s, not so much a 70+ year old. She's trying her hardest to win an election before her time is up, it's quite obvious. Understandable, respectable, but I'm not a fan of her pretending like Harris is an outsider lol. 

Edited by TedLasso
  • Like 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Mr. Mendes

• Distantconstellation

• CottageHore

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

Homegirl is 72, she should just retire.

Kamala is not exactly a spring chicken either. She's 59 years Old. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

What I'm saying is Harris was elected into the second most highest position in our government, who cares how well she polled in 2020 before VP.  We know her administration, we know her political views. 100 days before an election is not the time to argue amongst the party to decide who's the likeliest to win. Harris is the next in line, we knew this was a possibility when she was elected into office 4 years ago. She needs to focus on the American people and her opponent, and most of the party knows that. 

Work your way up in politics is a great idea for someone who's in their 30s, not so much a 70+ year old. She's trying her hardest to win an election before her time is up, it's quite obvious. Understandable, respectable, but I'm not a fan of her pretending like Harris is an outsider lol. 

Okay, but what about the argument Marianne is making? How is Kamala going to prove to the American people that her administration will be able to beat Trump, let alone offer any sort of hope for America's future? Do people know Kamala's politics? I doubt the average person could name a Kamala policy outside abortion rights. These are all issues Marianne wants to address at the convention. If you think running on the Biden/Harris record (an unpopular one) and selling more of the same will be compelling to Americans then idk what to tell you.

Edited by GraceRandolph

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Okay, but what about the argument Marianne is making? How is Kamala going to prove to the American people that her administration will be able to beat Trump, let alone offer any sort of hope for America's future? Do people know Kamala's politics? I doubt the average person could name a Kamala policy outside abortion rights. These are all issues Marianne wants to address at the convention. If you think running on the Biden/Harris record (an unpopular one) and selling more of the same will be compelling to Americans than idk what to tell you.

So you'd rather her spend her time in democrat debates and primaries instead of getting her message out to the American people and undecided voters? I'm not sure what your argument here is. :coffee: They have three months until the election. This isn't time to play house again. I think most people see Kamala as an upgrade to Biden, I'd bet money more undecided voters are eyeing a democratic ticket that doesn't have an 80+ year old man who can't form a sentence leading it. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

So you'd rather her spend her time in democrat debates and primaries instead of getting her message out to the American people and undecided voters? I'm not sure what your argument here is. :coffee: They have three months until the election. This isn't time to play house again. I think most people see Kamala as an upgrade to Biden, I'd bet money more undecided voters are eyeing a democratic ticket that doesn't have an 80+ year old man who can't form a sentence leading it. 

The convention is happening regardless of whether or not Marianne is able to challenge Kamala there. The convention floor would be exciting and electric if Marianne and Kamala debated, and it would spark headlines and get their messages out to the American people. Kamala has been the presumptive nominee for a few days and it seems the message has been coconut tree and brat memes, without much of any policy goal being stated. We're on a losing path atm.

• Like 1

Marianne is an idiot, go do something else because you will never be president 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

I think at this time she should know she has 0 chance to be the nominee and negative chances to win. Doing her best to make Kamala look bad for some ridiculous attempt to securing the nomination is kind of stupid. She is completely unknown to the overall GP and under these circumstances would have no chance of increasing her name likeness enough to win a presidential election in a few months 

This right here is my problem with Marianne. 

I'm not going to say that she doesn't have good answers, that some of her platform isn't good. It's true that she's a decent politician who has some nice goals. But she thinks it's more important to send a message in this election than it is to do the right thing, and I cannot respect that. 

If she wants Trump to lose so bad, then sitting here and poking holes in the candidacy of the person we all know is going to be the Democratic nominee is not the way to do it. Trying to sway critical voters away from the Democrats for a wasted third party vote is not the way to do it. With so much on the line, especially things she herself is using as a part of her platform, to be willingly and knowingly trying to pull votes away from the Democrats is irresponsible and completely and utterly selfish. 

A vote for a third party candidate in this election is a vote for Donald Trump. The Republicans are the only ones who benefit from a third party vote because most of the people who vote third party would be going to the Democrats if there was no third party. Republican voters, especially MAGA voters, are down ticket loyalists. Left wing voters are not. Marianne knows that. 

Now is not the time for games, and not the time to be sending any messages other than the message that Donald J. Trump does not belong in the White House. She's either with us or she is unambiguously against us and I'm really tired of people entertaining her doing this. 

• Like 6

I mean, she'll lose in a landslide anyways, so her running could be a good way to dispel the "COUP!!!11" narrative Republicans are trying to push. Thanks, Marianne!

yoncegif300contrast.thumb.gif.ec5fe8884d56ed88906a3bd5c508e611.gif

20 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The convention is happening regardless of whether or not Marianne is able to challenge Kamala there. The convention floor would be exciting and electric if Marianne and Kamala debated, and it would spark headlines and get their messages out to the American people. Kamala has been the presumptive nominee for a few days and it seems the message has been coconut tree and brat memes, without much of any policy goal being stated. We're on a losing path atm.

She doesn't even have a 2024 website up yet. They're just engaging with what has organically happened, that's not the wrong path. She has a few days to get her platform up and running. I hope she takes Biden's and pivots further left with stronger messaging regarding women's rights, including trans rights. As well as strong ceasefire push. :giraffe:

1. Trump

2. Abortion / bodily autonomy / trans rights

3. Gaza

4. Immigration reform / Dreamers 

5. Medicare 4 All 

:clap3: 

Edited by modeblock

I have always liked Marianne. She is a good speaker with good ideas and we should thank her for helping contribute in her way to Biden dropping out.

That is where her contribution ends - she is simply unelectable, with a consistent image of being an unserious, wacky individual. It is not true, but that image makes her DOA as a candidate both in a primary and even moreso in an election with a Republican opponent. 

The sooner she and her I fear very delusional supporters realise this, the better. She has absolutely no chance of being president

59 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

Kamala is not exactly a spring chicken either. She's 59 years Old. 

The difference between 59 and 72 is absolutely massive :skull: , at 59 your old but not that old

Kamala is in the ideal age to run, she's older and has The experience.

OT: She's great but not gonna happen

Lady please! :bibliahh:
spacer.png

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Cain said:

American politics are so ******, y'all live in constant fear of an absolute fascist taking over that the only other option (which is always a neoliberal war criminal too, just less fascist) needs to not ever be criticized or otherwise their chances diminish

Y'all have no clue what a democracy looks like or is supposed to be. A politician is ALWAYS going to be criticized and they should be, as they are not perfect. The problem with a 2 party system is that the criticism is either gonna come from the opposite party which will get brushed away or it will come from the own party, and it will be called treason 

and where is the beacon of democracy that you come from?

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Going to Fox News to attack Kamala :laugh: at least we have a mask off to what her "campaign" is really about

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Gui Blackout said:

Going to Fox News to attack Kamala :laugh: at least we have a mask off to what her "campaign" is really about

https://marianne2024.com/issues/

I would only care about conventions if this wasn't VP

because Kamala technically is the person voters asked for :rip:

Honestly, so much of politics is vanity. I often feel candidates like Williamson and Sanders paint themselves as selfless martyrs when in reality they're stroking their own egos as much as any other politician by not closings ranks and supporting the best chance to defeat Trump. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 7/22/2024 at 10:36 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Because she was polling so poorly...

And now she's matching Trumps polling on her first day as the presumptive nominee. So what now?

6 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Fox News? :biblionny: She'll literally go to the opening of an envelope if it means she can get on TV. Superficial, egotistical and delusional. 

Horizon Flame

Kamala has the pledged delegates and Marianne is a con artist. 

I see Miss "Cancer and AIDS and other physical illnesses are physical manifestations of a psychic scream" continues to be delusional. Has she ever been elected to any sort of office in order to be seriously considered as a candidate?  Well best of luck in this attempt.

On 7/23/2024 at 7:31 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

This right here is my problem with Marianne. 

I'm not going to say that she doesn't have good answers, that some of her platform isn't good. It's true that she's a decent politician who has some nice goals. But she thinks it's more important to send a message in this election than it is to do the right thing, and I cannot respect that. 

If she wants Trump to lose so bad, then sitting here and poking holes in the candidacy of the person we all know is going to be the Democratic nominee is not the way to do it. Trying to sway critical voters away from the Democrats for a wasted third party vote is not the way to do it. With so much on the line, especially things she herself is using as a part of her platform, to be willingly and knowingly trying to pull votes away from the Democrats is irresponsible and completely and utterly selfish. 

A vote for a third party candidate in this election is a vote for Donald Trump. The Republicans are the only ones who benefit from a third party vote because most of the people who vote third party would be going to the Democrats if there was no third party. Republican voters, especially MAGA voters, are down ticket loyalists. Left wing voters are not. Marianne knows that. 

Now is not the time for games, and not the time to be sending any messages other than the message that Donald J. Trump does not belong in the White House. She's either with us or she is unambiguously against us and I'm really tired of people entertaining her doing this. 

This is exactly what I've been telling people. Kamala Harris is not a perfect candidate. Nobody is! And yet, I've been hearing people say "I won't support Kamala because of *insert issue here*" and that honestly just doesn't make sense to me. Kamala is going to be the Democratic nominee. The chances of that not happening are essentially zero. Marianne's priority at this point should be saying and doing things that would prevent Donald Trump from getting into office. Trying to make Kamala look bad is just doing overall damage, and any damage towards Kamala is a point towards the Trump campaign.

Yes, we should criticize our politicians. There are no such things as perfect politicians. However, do people think they're helping the country by voting for a third party or not voting at all because of Kamala's issues, when the Republicans are basically united under Trump? People seriously need to get off their moral high horse and think logically. That includes Marianne, as intelligent as she may seem.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 5:36 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Because she was polling so poorly...

I saw Marianne eat a piece of bacon. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.