BRAT feels more culturally relevant than any other release of the year. Why?

georgechxng

idk about the claim in the thread title but I do wish y'all would stop dismissing "the internet" in these discussions. 

Y'all on the damn internet. It's a mirror not a niche circle of the world.

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Vegvisir

• on the line

• georgechxng

Maybe they should stream it then. 

It's so funny how Taylor stans were the FIRST ones to enter this thread and talk sh*t. TTPD was big but girl it was NOT talked about in the way that BRAT is. And it keeps getting bigger. 

It literally doesn't change the fact that BRAT genuinely is becoming more culturally relevant than most of our fave's albums this year. And we love it.

:jonnycat:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

When you google "internet bubble", this thread title should be cited as an example. It is culturally relevant in certain spheres, but those spheres are the kind of people that the album was meant for to start with, even if they didn't buy into from the start. It is not crossing over :rip: 

• Like 4

No, I thought it was clear we're only supposed to care about Taylor Swift and that shitty snoozefest she released from this year. No artist ever was and is ever going to be more important than her ever again. We should accept that and ass kiss her non-stop even in times she releases mediocrity. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

The swifties in here are FUMING :hoetenks:.

Especially that one user who needs to create an account on Indeed or Linkedin immediately.

• Haha 10

FV3NvoJ.gif

this thread right before BRAT is taking over the national news lmaooooo

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Richie.Valdez said:

The swifties in here are FUMING :hoetenks:.

Especially that one user who needs to create an account on Indeed or Linkedin immediately.

Not indeed catching strays! 

Spoiler

Craig's list might be more apt

Spoiler

💎

OT, this album just keeps gaining in relevancy and new fans found every day. so proud and pleased for charli! Ive been a fairly big fan since Number 1 Angel…. so I'd like to remind yall this album didn't just fall from the coconut tree, it exists in the context of all that came before it :gaycat4:

Joe Biden GIF by Creative Courage

Because it's AOTY 

Only in gay culture. Sorry to ruin it for y'all 

also the album won't stand the test of time. Half of it has basically aged by now :rip:

• Thumbs Down 7

The people with Taylor Swift in their profile pictures in here acting like BRAT isn't a global phenomenon right now. Y'all want to talk about TTPD sales and charts so bad to mask the fact that BRAT is currently penetrating the U.S. presidential election campaign, is featured on CNN, and everyone (celebrities, politicians, members of the GP) is riding on the "Brat summer" hype, or is at least asking or curious about it. Heck, I've seen Twitter posts with their moms asking what a "Brat summer" is!

Do I think Taylor Swift is culturally relevant? Yes, definitely. But you guys need to let Charli have her moment, for God's sake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The amount of people who commented in this thread and then kept returning to get back with replies at people who listen to Taylor Swift is alarming. I would truly like to be so much invested in my activities, but to be this much invested in something I don't like, I assume it would be overwhelming. :snorkle: 

17 minutes ago, Baltie said:

The people with Taylor Swift in their profile pictures in here acting like BRAT isn't a global phenomenon right now. Y'all want to talk about TTPD sales and charts so bad to mask the fact that BRAT is currently penetrating the U.S. presidential election campaign, is featured on CNN, and everyone (celebrities, politicians, members of the GP) is riding on the "Brat summer" hype, or is at least asking or curious about it. Heck, I've seen Twitter posts with their moms asking what a "Brat summer" is!

Do I think Taylor Swift is culturally relevant? Yes, definitely. But you guys need to let Charli have her moment, for God's sake.

maybe to like early/mid 20s?  adults are not listening to that album lol

3 minutes ago, on the line said:

maybe to like early/mid 20s?  adults are not listening to that album lol

Well yes, but it's the fact that BRAT is being talked about so much right now outside of the target demographic. I don't think the boomers would be blasting this album. But there's a genuine curiosity and interest as to what BRAT is.

1 minute ago, Baltie said:

Well yes, but it's the fact that BRAT is being talked about so much right now outside of the target demographic. I don't think the boomers would be blasting this album. But there's a genuine curiosity and interest as to what BRAT is.

a neon green with grainy font lol

brat has the album/color meme'd, Apple dance all over tiktok, critical ACCLAIM, and now making its debut in US politics 

360 indeed!

Charli Xcx GIF by E!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Alex said:

not reading any of that. BRAT has officially found its way to become a part of a presidential campaign. the impact that has. the clearance that has. the implications that has.  :jonny5:

exactly. brat is going to be in history books. lmao:jonny5:

It's a meme-album at best, I think it is somewhat culturally relevant among the white gays though - I guess that's something  

:clack:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

No. The GP first needs to know what is a "Charlie XCX" before that.

it doesn't even have a hit single. i adore the album but memes aren't exactly a good gauge of cultural impact. 

judging by the past 48 hours, i guess i was right afterall - what a cultural pop event phenomenon :clap3:

On 7/22/2024 at 1:15 PM, Saintlor said:

It does to me because I'm a part of stan culture and on ATRL

But if I wasn't part of that, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have heard of the album

On 7/22/2024 at 1:21 PM, The Music Industry said:

Well, because you're gay and a part of stan culture. 

No one outside of the stan world (so 99.9% of the population) would think this album is "culturally relevant".

Miserable sheep

1289917203_4mhTwIj(2).thumb.gif.220e09e9

Edited by makeme
  • Confused 1

Because ari flop with eternal sunshine, Taylor flop with ttpd, Katy flop with 143, Camila cabello flop with Camila xo, Billie flop with whatever her album is, Sabrina chapel fads :gaycat:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 7/22/2024 at 9:20 PM, Vegvisir said:

Believe me when I say brat has made 10x the cultural impact the tortured narcissist's department has this year :rip:

Thankfully we know better than taking the words of ATRL gays seriously which time and time again proved itself to be out of touch with reality 

hihi.thumb.gif.cba8a8e590c68a6c1ed9f610e

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.