• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auburn

• Julia Fox

• Staryu

• smholiv

Top Posters In This Topic

India.Arie - Video - You ***** btch. The way I have been talking to Auburn all season about sending this DAMN song. I hate chu, I hate chu, I hate chu, what yall know bout India Arie! ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I was so mad when this was taken! you raggedy heifer! Anyway, AMAZING AMAZING SONG! This song makes me feel so so loved. :heart2:

Mary J. Blige - All That I Can Say - YESS, Mary queenie, this song is really good and groovy. 

The Weeknd - Less Than Zero - A song I know and a song I loveeeeeee! King!

No Doubt - It's My Life - it's very cute, I really like the chorus, very enjoyable 

P!nk - Funhouse - cute, catchy 

The Marías - Echo - very pretty, I really lived for this, saved it. 

Cardi B - Up - I still don't like her but I LOVE this BOP! My booty instantly starts moving when I listen to it, she ate that one thing! 

Mýa - Free - Underrated queen Mya, I am loving the 2000s queens in this round, we love to see it! Great song, Mya has some many bops! 

Doechii - Slide - A song I know and a song I loveeee, Doechii mother ate this tf upppppppppp, such a fun twerk bop

ABBA - Super Trouper - legends. this is pretty good 

Normani - Insomnia - :jonny6:, I WISH U DIDNT CALL ME, THERES SO MUCH IT REMINDS ME OF, CUZ EVERYTIME U CALL ME, ITS GIVING ME INSOMNIA! ughhhhhhhh, the vocal layering, the production, the lyrics, to me this is one of the best R&B tracks of the year, her album deserves so so much better because this is EXCELLENT. Like actual quality music :heart2:

Bridgit Mendler - Ready or Not - cute bop 

Brandy - Wish Your Love Away - interesting to send a Two Eleven song but luckily this is one of the best songs on the album. so it's a YES! Strong entry. 

Amber Mark - FOMO - motherrrrrrrrrrrrr! One of the best songs from this phenomenal album. She really came out the gate SWINGING and devoured. 

Maeta - Endless Night - I really really need to get into Maeta because every single song I have heard from her has been a SLAY. This is fantastic. 

Ciara - Ride - Great song from Cici, not one of my favs from her admittedly but it's still very strong. 

Jhené Aiko - P*$$Y Fairy - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! One of my favs songs everrr! I got so excited when I saw it in the entries! It's just a smooth sexy BOP. I love the way Jhene sings so angelic yet she's being sexual af, a QUEEN! You ate down :heart:

Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft - A bop from miss Kelly 

Tate McRae - Greedy - It's no secret that I cannot stand this girl's tone, it's very hard to digest ala Bebe, Camila, Sia, Jessie Reyez. It's a fun and catchy song tho! 

Eve - Who's That Girl - perioddddddddd, what an iconic song! Eve is underrated in terms of the conversation people be having and listing Kim, Missy and Foxy, like where is Eve??? She deserves her flowers! This song is undeniably a BANGER. 

India.Arie - Video

I loooove this song. Her voice is incredible and the lyrics and delivery are so earnest and thoughtful. It's such a great track and feels so evergreen. :heart: A true classic and one of the best songs to do this style of songwriting/messaging I think - it's just so genuine.

Mary J. Blige - All That I Can Say

I really liked this! Yeah you can definitely feel the Lauryn Hill influence, but one thing about Mary's songs is her delivery and tone are so unique that it feels a lot like her

The influence/impact this song has had feels understated but very realized? I could feel elements of this song on artists like Solange or SZA (think Good Days even). It's really magical sounding and I love exploring the origins of some of these ideas. Really liked this, a very unique pick and I appreciate that!!

The Weeknd - Less Than Zero

I don't really care much for his music but I feel like it's a fun bop. I enjoyed it enough tbh. his sound is just kind of overplayed for me, but maybe I'm warming up to this rn because I haven't heard it before. not obsessed but tbh it was nice!!

No Doubt - It's My Life

I definitely feel like No Doubt > Gwen's solo stuff. I think there's an interesting quintessential early 2000s element to the production, that sort of combination of pop rock with new wave-y dreamy electronic flourishes that helps it a lot. It's a pretty low-key bop but I liked it~

P!nk - Funhouse

I'm not fundamentally against P!nk's music but like, the contrast of this song compared to the ones preceding is quite jarring :skull: Idk I just find this pretty annoying. Her delivery is weirdly obnoxious here, the chorus melody taps into some of my least favourite cliches in late 2000s pop... yeah idk, this just was not for me. I'm sorry :(

The Marías - Echo

certainly fine, but not really much more than that. a decent indie pop-esque song but it doesn't really have enough of a punch for me to feel anything

Cardi B - Up

chorus kind of catchy tbh... albeit lazy I guess? idk it doesn't matter though... I dont think I'd listen to this that much but it was ok

Mýa - Free

lots going on here, its VERY early 2000s pop bop. pretty nostalgic y2k vibe I'd say. most songs that have this vibe are pretty decent w me although I wouldn't really listen to it on my own accord. I'd say this was enjoyable but it felt like the parts around 2:40 were the bridge so I would've liked it to be cut a bit

ABBA - Super Trouper

right when I start loving something with the playlist or embracing the vibe its followed up by some stupid **** like this

oh sorry

um I have never liked ABBA's music and just the general atmosphere of their signature songs or styles. this is among the better songs I've heard from them so it won't be an auto last place but its really hard for me to latch onto anything I like here. the chorus especially is just anti-ho.. :sad: 

Normani - Insomnia

really needed someone to send STILL...

this is great, really wish this era had more to it and that she pushed these songs because I feel like she's finding her sound and songs like this make it worth it to me. her voice has this smooth velvety quality that works well with this production, but it has the right amount of energy where its needed.. great bop

Bridgit Mendler - Ready or Not

nostalgic BOPPP I was such a big fan of this back in the day and I still think its one of her best songs. the chorus is just so undeniable... I love revisiting this every so often. will be positive in the ranks for me :clap3: 

Brandy - Wish Your Love Away

im obsessed with brandy's voice, its often the thing that MAKES her songs for me, like I couldn't imagine someone else taking them. this to me is one of those hidden gems in her discography/catalogue. I don't care much for this album but the combination of that sample and her voice just make this stand out so well... its a really cool song

Amber Mark - FOMO

its not bad but not really clicking with me. I would say it gets lost in the mix of the playlist for me. the dancier/funk production isn't something I particularly love here for some reason. it feels a bit disjointed I guess? overall decent but I prefer other songs

Maeta - Endless Night

certainly not bad but kind of feeling like The Marias song for me where its missing something, needs a bit more of a spark for me to get fully engaged, otherwise its sort of fading into the background a bit. Probably will be around the middle of my ranks.

Ciara - Ride

alksjdf this song is kind of crazy. I don't think ive ever heard a song from this Ciara album. I can tell there was sort of a mismatch in what they were going for and her previous albums' style.. just feels like something I'd need nostalgia for to really appreciate.

Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

don't really like the pop soul elements of this song. I definitely prefer her earlier pop rock when it comes to Kelly, I don't like this much

Tate McRae - Greedy

this got sooo overplayed here :skull: but yeah its pretty fun. I think her voice/tone/infliction takes some time to get used to... the approach of this is pretty solid though. its fun!!

India.Arie - Video: a classic! I haven't heard this in soooo long and it's hitting really nicely

Mary J. Blige - All That I Can Say: um tbh I was ready to drag you forcing us to listen to a song not on Spotify but actually I reallyyy liked this is was so smooth and has this slight dissonance with the third "doo doo doo"s that I adoooore. Overall a big fan

The Weeknd - Less Than Zero: tbh I've always been an Abel hater, his voice has just always annoyed me, this song is nice though so it won't be tanked but def not my favorite in the list

No Doubt - It's My Life: it's a classic, I like how much passion there is behind her vocals

P!nk - Funhouse: On Season 5 of ABDC my favorite team Blueprint Cru did a magic-themed performance to this song and ever since then I have had a nostalgic attachment to it, idk it just really captures a punk Vaudeville niche in my mind and I love that for it

The Marías - Echo: this is just okay, I feel like a lot of their music is very plain and this is an example for me although it does sound decent

Cardi B - Up: classic Cardi B, I don't always like her music but this song is all the parts I like

Mýa - Free: waittttttt this beat is hitting in all the right wayssss, I'm really feeling it, love! after the fake out ending I was kind of waiting for it to end though

Doechii - Slide: one of my least faves from her mixtape tbqfh, I much prefer rap Doechii

ABBA - Super Trouper: this is such a different vibe than the rest of the playlists aklsdjkgflasfdslakfjas. um tbh while i applaud the risk this isn't hitting nearly as hard as their classics like Dancing Queen

Normani - Insomnia: I didn't expect the beat to take so long to kick in, that was interesting. Overall it was decent, liked the guitar solo but I felt like it didn't fit with the music at all, this album is mastered so damn loud

Bridgit Mendler - Ready or Not: a campy cutesy classic, not mad at it, I like her voice it actually has some soul in it

Brandy - Wish Your Love Away: I loooove Brandy's voice but this song is mid

Amber Mark - FOMO: one of her most fun danceable songs, yes it's good and I really like bass! We yassed

Maeta - Endless Night: this is very kaytranada'd like entirely just a standard song by him but know what I like that about it

Ciara - Ride: asdklfkldsafksda I don't know girl I have such mixed feelings on this one……. it's campy and fun but also tacky and annoying

Jhené Aiko - P*$$Y Fairy: ummmmmm wait. This is soooo good omg I feel like I get Jhene Aiko now. That intro was ethereal and sexy

Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft: aksdfla it's sooo soccer mom 1 years ago energy

Tate McRae - Greedy: it just simply is a pop bop and it always will be

Eve - Who's That Girl: I had more fun with this than I expected! Fun

India.Arie - Video

This is so fun and such a vibe! like it a lot

Mary J. Blige - All That I Can Say

wait why does this sounds so much like Lauryn Hill! Loved this one! Such a pretty smooth vibe-ish song so magical like the perfect song to listen when you wake up in the morning on a beautiful sunny sunday 

The Weeknd - Less Than Zero

Meh… I'm kind of tired of Abel tbh. I don't see him evolving as an artist but this song is cute so yeah 

No Doubt - It's My Life

never liked this song tbh 

P!nk - Funhouse

Are you serious?

The Marías - Echo

This was ok tbh it's fine but it doesn't get anywhere for me 

Cardi B - Up

This just came and went which is crazy to think. I never liked this song that much. It's ok but it lacks something to be really sold on me tbh 

Mýa - Free

I don't have strong feelings about this one but it was vibe-y

Doechii - Slide

I fear this is R&B SOTY

ABBA - Super Trouper

I only like Gimme and Dancing Queen. Other than that their songs are very vainilla for me at least but I love the melodies tbh 

Normani - Insomnia

This is GOOOODDDD!

Bridgit Mendler - Ready or Not

WINNER 

Brandy - Wish Your Love Away

This is so good too… love how her voice sounds in it as usual but love it so much this album deserved so much better 

Amber Mark - FOMO

Sabrina bestie DID IT! this was so groove-y and exquisite yasssss

Maeta - Endless Night

I'm gonna pass on that one 

Ciara - Ride

I'm not a fan of her voice, sounds or delivery. She doesn't bring any things to the table. 

Jhené Aiko - P*$$Y Fairy

Ouuuu sexy sexy bop 

Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

This is so Karen like I just can't 

Tate McRae - Greedy

Her voice makes me hate everything she touches like so disgusting 

Eve - Who's That Girl

this is a classic definitely!

video: meh

all that I can say: cuteiana

less than zero: fun

its my life: classic

funhouse: mega bop

echo: mid

up: annoying bop

free: average

slide: slay

super trouper: ijbol

insomnia: showstopping

ready or not: massive banger

wish your love away: okay

fomo: loveeee

endless night: cutesy

ride: never liked 

p*$$sy fairy (otw): smooth

love so soft: bopiana

greedy: smasha

who's that girl: well sorta kinda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.