Vanishing Letters 11 • Round 15

Auburn

Doja Cat - Freak
My winner, I fear. :jonny: The way I found this while looking for Seepy Gees and was bummed I couldn't send it due to having already sent Ms. Cat. Like who else is rapping on a beat like this? Like I said about "Tia Tamera", something about pre-fame Doja just hits differently. Insane.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auburn

• Julia Fox

• Staryu

• smholiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiona Apple - Waltz (Better Than Fine)
Hmm, this was in a similar vein as the Corinne and Frank songs for me, I only started to get interested at the halfway point. I think I may have enjoyed this a bit more throughout, especially with that Laufey-esque classical instrumentation. Not bad.

Hatchie - Twin
I've been exposed to a few Hatchie songs due to these games, and I eventually listened to her whole album as a result. Unfortunately, I'm not as enamored of it as some seem to be. That said, this definitely is a good song, and the tempo helps it stand out here.

Adele - Make You Feel My Love
I'm most likely going to be in the minority here, but I've never cared much for Adele outside of a select few singles. I know this song is a classic and has been covered a million times, but I feel it's from an era of music that I don't personally resonate strongly with.

Tkay Maidza - Breathe
I really like Tkay, and although I've never actively listened to a body of her work in full, I've enjoyed everything I've heard from her. This is another strong example of that. I personally like the slight pots and pans'd influence. Another nice discovery I'll be adding to my playlist.

Lizzo - Cuz I Love You
If it had been 2-3 years ago, I probably would have loved this choice. Lizzo is definitely an artist I'm more than okay with leaving in the COVID bubble (perhaps it's just that her music reminds me of that time). It's an alright song, but it's never been a favorite of mine.

𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓺𝓾𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓻

Q1PDaDK.jpeg

Corinne Bailey Rae - Hey I Won't Break Your Heart - first half is a bore but it does more interesting during the 2nd half! pretty voice but idk how high this will be for me.
Willow - Time Machine - umm. it fell kinda flat for me, sorry.
Umi - Moonlit Room - very pretty! i really need to check out more of her music.
Frank Ocean - Pink Matter - i haven't ever rly been the biggest fan of his songs when ppl send him in these games (sorry) but this was actually quite lovely! frank sounds rly sweet. feature was pretty nice as well.
Laufey - Bewitched
Griff - Hole In My Pocket - it's cute, idk if it's that interesting or catchy for me but way better than some sings so far.
Doja Cat - Freak - she ate here, rly fun.
Hatchie - Twin - i don't really care for her, so bland.
Adele - Make You Feel My Love - very pretty.
Tkay Maidza - Breathe - oo this is lovelyyy.
Lizzo - Cuz I Love You - well im one of the remaining Lizzo fans so you got lucky! love this song (im wearing my Lizzo shirt rn)

• Haha 1

Corinne Bailey Rae - Hey I Won't Break Your Heart

When I send Corinne a certain user said it was a random choice but I don't think it was. Well this definitely is.

I always kind of hate how under appreciated this album have but also I like of understand it because it has too many duds and this one one of them.

Edited by Julia Fox

Willow - Time Machine

This is so exquisite! Love her voice and the vibe of this song tbh just so good! Maybe it was a bit one note but it was short so it didn't felt that much but still a very strong submission! 

Umi - Moonlit Room

Ouuu I didn't knew this is another exquisite entry that I liked a lot! No complaints on here! Love her and her delivery! 

Frank Ocean - Pink Matter

This is a random ass choice but we love Frank on this house so yeah congrats! This is just so good and sounds so expensive too! Ugh 

Laufey - Bewitched

I knew another song from her that was 100 miles better than this one so kind of weird choice! I like her vibe and offering but on this round and for me it's not enough sadly 

Griff - Hole In My Pocket

Her music is so safe but it weirdly excels at it because she has something that makes her unique? This is good definitely. Not the best on here but definitely good so I think you are gonna be fine with my ranks at least 

Doja Cat - Freak

This is how you do an incredible sample while making it yours! Just so so good, catchy and fun! 

Loved the orchestral part at the end, it kind of saved the song on being a total whatever.

Hatchie - Twin

I didn't knew this Hatchie song and tbh it feels so so good! Maybe her happiest song? I liked it also it's catchy very unusual from her. This could have easily be a hit if it were released on the 90's. Such incredible! Saved to my playlist! Winner! 

Adele - Make You Feel My Love

Never liked the classics from the 19 era (only love Chasing Pavements) and by this point I think I never will. I mean it's cute, sad and beautiful but I'm not gagged or interested at all.

Tkay Maidza - Breathe

Love the non traditional composition of the song. It kind of feels like an outro or interlude but it's so good! Maybe I should check her music because everything that have been sent from her is a total serve. This is genius!

Lizzo - Cuz I Love You

I hate her and I hate this song I mean it's so generic and even if she's serving vocals those are just annoying and jarring af. Sorry but this is a total boot 

quick critiques that i wrote like 6 hours ago but didnt post them because i ended up falling asleep after finishing the playlist :kitty:

- hey i won't break your heart

almost fell asleep listening to this, it's not bad tho, it's just a bit too long

- time machine

this has the opposite "problem" of the previous song, i wish it was a little longer, cool song

- moonlit room

i really like this :jamming: 

- pink matter

it's cute 

- bewitched

great song by the MJG (main jazz girl) :clap3:

- hole in my pocket

really enjoyed this, love the second half of the song

- freak

the sample :redface: i thought i would dislike this but i didn't at all, pretty good

- waltz (better than fine)

an interesting listen for sure :jamming:

- twin

a stanning today, so good

- make you feel my love

not feeling her

- breathe

feeling her

- cuz i love you

why is it giving ajr... idk how to feel about this

• Like 1

Corinne Bailey Rae - Hey I Won't Break Your Heart

as expected her voice is super pretty. this song starts out nice and gentle but its honestly kind of boring. it builds up around 2:45 but by then I'm kind of like idk... okay song but not something I found that interesting.

Willow - Time Machine
its.. idk, its fine I guess. tbh I only really love her rock/pop punk material (which I love)... the other stuff like this song don't really hit for me

Umi - Moonlit Room

this is super pretty~ the vibes are great, this feels like a nice chill nighttime song. I liked it!!

Frank Ocean - Pink Matter

love these vibes :jamming:  the second half really makes the song for me tho.. not bad 

Laufey - Bewitched

very very pretty! Laufeyn's music isn't really my thing but I kind of respect her dedication to this aesthetic and style. this is quite pleasant to listen to, I liked it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.