• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auburn

• Julia Fox

• Staryu

• smholiv

Top Posters In This Topic

really curious about this playlist... it was a doozy trying to find a song that could do well :gayorkcat4:

zPkSB7E.png

Three Quarter

What to do:

1. Listen to all the entries in your group and write your critiques

2. Post your critiques for each song in your group in this thread (including your own)

3. Rank ALL of the entries in your group from most favorite to least favorite [excluding your own]

4. DM me your rankings on Discord (preferably) or ATRL PM (please do not unless you absolutely have to)

IMPORTANT: DO NOT make it obvious or outright reveal what your entry is until after results have been posted. Thank you!

Spoiler

Corinne Bailey Rae - Hey I Won't Break Your Heart
Willow - Time Machine
Umi - Moonlit Room
Frank Ocean - Pink Matter
Laufey - Bewitched
Griff - Hole In My Pocket
Doja Cat - Freak
Fiona Apple - Waltz (Better Than Fine)
Hatchie - Twin
Adele - Make You Feel My Love
Tkay Maidza - Breathe
Lizzo - Cuz I Love You

SPOTIFY

DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 @ 6:00 PM EDT

I kind of dont know almost all of these songs :skull: should be fun to check them out

this is…. interesting to say something :suburban:

Corinne Bailey Rae - Hey I Won't Break Your Heart
Was bored/falling asleep at first... but at like 2:30 it kind of roared to life for a bit and I really enjoyed that part :heart2: Corinne lovely vocals tho 

Willow - Time Machine
Willow is talented, I enjoyed this, cute short song

Umi - Moonlit Room
This was really pretty and soothing :heart2:  saved to my peaceful playlist 

Frank Ocean - Pink Matter
I was vibing, I do enjoy Frank's voice, but this is not my favorite song by him but it's still good :gaycat4:

Laufey - Bewitched
She's not really for me, I've tried to get into her but usually just bored, I do appreciate the orchestral music tho, it just sounds classy :sadviolin:

Griff is a nice artist, a bit faceless but not bad to listen to, this song was cute enough 

Doja Cat - Freak
The throwback sound with freaky lyrics, definitely an interesting song, kind gives me Meghan Trainor vibes. I do like Doja's rapping on this song  :jamming:

Fiona Apple - Waltz (Better Than Fine)
I love a good piano moment and love Fiona's tone, the production was a bit mesmerizing to me, it felt cinematic, I liked this :celestial4:

Hatchie - Twin
I love Hatchie/this album, it gives me nostalgia vibes even tho it's not old, also this song is in the top half of the album for me, so good choice  :heart2:

Adele - Make You Feel My Love
Another lovely piano moment and the violins :jonny: this song is also so pretty but also sad, I think I shed a tear thru my zoloft barrier :gaycat7:

Tkay Maidza - Breathe
Okay Tkay  :jamming: loved the song when it got to the let me just stay here.. part, was really feeling it, the weird loud sounds at the end kinda woke me up (its 1am here)

Lizzo - Cuz I Love You
I don't even wanna ho no mo, not the minho shade. I prefer Lizzo's bops but she put her full lungs (both of them) into this chorus

• Thanks 1

Corinne Bailey Rae - Hey, I Won't Break Your Heart
I think if this song had the energy of the second half throughout, I would have enjoyed this a lot more. Even going into this round anticipating a few sleepy moments, this was just a bit too long and downtempo for me. She has a lovely voice though.

WILLOW - Time Machine
A decent choice, the tempo is a lot more palatable for me compared to the previous song. The instrumentation isn't anything to write home about honestly, and it might even be erring on the side of a little too short, but it's not bad overall.

UMI - moonlit room
This is my favorite of the songs thus far. Great tempo and great vibe. The sections where she is singing a bit faster create a strong sense of movement and give some energy to an otherwise pretty laid back and cruisy track. Pretty solid choice, I think.

Frank Ocean, André 3000 - Pink Matter
A bit of a #risk to submit men (although as far as men go, I understand Frank is probably one of the least risky). This was okay… honestly it didn't really do anything for me until the halfway point, so basically the same comment as Corinne's song.

Laufey - Bewitched
This sounds as if it were made for a vintage film. While this is undoubtedly a sleepy moment, it's not sleepy in a boring sense, but more in a sort of lulling-me-into-an-enchanting-dream sense. I love the strings and general classical instrumentation, it feels so expensive.

Ooh, I really like this one! I'm not against slower songs, but it's nice to have something with a little bit of a pulse to it. Like the WILLOW song this was quite short, but it didn't feel like it was missing anything. A nice discovery, lemme add to my playlist.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.