Vanishing Letters 11 • Round 15

Auburn

Sumin & Slom - The Gonlan Song

this felt very cheap but it was smooth and kind of sexy at the same time? I'm kind of conflicted but one thing it's that you are not gonna be in the bottom 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auburn

• Julia Fox

• Staryu

• smholiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Normani - Little Secrets

this took me by surprise, I liked it. It has a lot of elements and the song builds up so well on its entirety! Cute cute 

Amaarae - Sociopathic Dance Queen

QUEEN [2] and her best submission this round!

Edited by Julia Fox

Olivia Rodrigo - Ballad of a Homeschooled Girl

my least fave song on GUTS… That's says it all x but I mean at least it's better than half of SOUR and some songs on here so… 

Kilo Kish - Attention Politician
Something dark but semi-enjoyable about the production, but that's it

Ayra Starr - Lagos Love Story
It was cute, nice short bop, yes afrobeats yes bop

Taeko Onuki - 4:00A.M.
Interesting and cute for 2 minutes, then overstayed its welcome

Ravyn Lenae - From Scratch
Very lovely, enjoyed the almost eerie background vocals or w/e was going on, Ravyn can't really do wrong 

YUKIKA - pit-a-pet
It sounds like a Yukika song! 

Janelle Monáe - Neon Valley Street
Lovely song, very pleasant listen, just sounds classy

Lorde - 400 Lux
Not my favorite Lorde song, it's kind of drab, but it's okay

• Confused 1

Amaarae - Princess Going Digital
Fun song :jamming: 

Kesha - The Harold Song
Kinda emo kinda bop, I remember the animals using this so much as an example of her "real" music

Sumin & Slom - The Gonlan Song
Interesting ooh ooh, but wasn't loving it, but didn't dislike it, middle of the pack for me

Normani - Little Secrets
Normani's debut is GOOD to me, I enjoy every song tbh, she has good vocals and production

Amaarae - Sociopathic Dance Queen
Catchy fun bop  :jamming:

Olivia Rodrigo - Ballad of a Homeschooled Girl
Loved this for a month, dropped it, listening now I'm digging it again, it's a fun rock bop

kilo kish - attention politician 

you're going to hate me for this and I do apologize but I'm kind of sick of this album :nails: at the time I thought it was pretty cool and an interesting listen, but either I wore it too thin or time has not been so great to it, I don't really have many thoughts about it now.

I think it's a pretty cool/ambitious album sonically and conceptually, and I like the different vibes she can portray. I'd say this song isn't bad at all but I don't love it or like it like I might've in the past. it'll probably be somewhere in the middle for me.

ayra starr - lagos love story

I love the growth on her second album! I think it's pretty underrated but I love her sense of storytelling and the relatable approach she has to her music. This is such a nice and chill bop to me, but I feel like it goes even deeper with her genuineness in her delivery/lyrics. It's a fun little song, I like it a lot!

taeko onuki - 4am

have never heard this before, so its always nice to find a new discovery! I love the sense of drama in the intro and the way it permeates throughout the song. you really feel the vintageness of it (complimentary), the horn/instrumentation is really captivating.

I like the vibes for sure, her vocals are quite nice, and there's something about it that stands out from the pack. my only real detraction would be the backing vocals/choir elements... I'm not a fan of that in general, it sort of breaks the immersion for me. A cool song, I appreciate something new, maybe in the middle overall? we'll see ...

ravyn lenae - from scratch

this is probably in my top 3 albums of the year so I mean.. already off to a great start. I talked briefly about this in the last round that she was sent (Days) - one of my favourite aspects of this album is how she draws on new inspirations that helps take her artistry a step further. 

this is a good example, and apt considering the singer/songwriter round we just had. this reminds me of some of the beautiful melody-work and folk inspirations of someone like Corinne Bailey Rae. I really love her angelic voice with this style of music, and I like the beat that sort of reinforces it and keeps it interesting. absolutely a pleasant listen... probably not one of the best songs from the album but definitely will be in the upper half for me!

yukika - pit-a-pet

the style of city pop influenced kpop that Yukika is best known for can easily get dry, so its great to have songs like this where the influence is coming from a different source, yet it still feels in line with what she does best. 

the future house aspects definitely make it feel more like a lot of other kpop songs but I think there's enough dimension here that it makes it feel like a full new experience. I love this album, it's super special to me and nostalgic! this will be upper half for me (: 

janelle monae - neon valley street

this album is a staple for so many reasons but one of the biggest for me is how it somehow manages to weave through like 20 different genres yet they all work together. I loooove this song, in fact its one of my favourite tracks overall :dead banana: and I've always thought of it as a really underrated one/overlooked.

the orchestration that ties a lot of the tracks off this album together hits so hard and makes everything so memorable. there's something about this song that just feels so good, its comforting in a complex way. also lyrically I just love how it draws the concept of the album together... the elements of rebellion, equal rights, and the sort of plea for love and heart in a world of hardship... idk its just so beautiful to me. really love this, will definitely be quite high~

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.