Vanishing Letters 11 • Round 14

Auburn

Carly Rae Jepsen - Solo: an unexceptional mid song for her, doesn't really stand out and I don't like the chorus melody. Everyone's a critic I guess but I'm really not a fan

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auburn

• Julia Fox

• Staryu

• smholiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwen Stefani - Danger Zone: ooh I haven't heard this one from her actually but I loooove her style in this era and this was a fun surprise, really liked it

Kelela - Onanon: It was alright, I did really like all the little details in the production, but I wish it went somewhere bigger

Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club: when I first heard this song I didn't like it that much, now I appreciate it as the soundtrack to her meteoric rise to fame, I still definitely prefer others by her but it's made me like it for what it symbolizes

Lorde - Mood Ring: I definitely don't hate Solar Power as much as other people, I think she was going for this aesthetic and did it successfully even if I don't resonate with it that deeply

Charli XCX - Apple: Sonically this song is not my favorite. However I just absolutely adore how personal this song and the whole album are despite being fun dance tracks so that aspect is rly good

My favs from the other groups 

Lexie Liu - I Wanna Tell U

Megan Thee Stallion - Kitty Kat

Adele - To Be Loved

Ariana Grande - Love Language

Kelela - Onanon

Beyoncé - Diva
Rihanna - Te Amo
Troye Sivan - Lost Boy
Janet Jackson - Trust a Try

hey

group b:

beyonce - diva : always gets stuck in my head, its pretty catchy and addictive - especially that beat. I really like it! 

Natasha bedingfield - no Mozart : not really my thing, I don't like the melody

indigo de Souza - younger and dumber : so incredible!! the lyrics are so impactful and I like the earnestness in her delivery, one of my faves!! :heart:

Britney Spears - brave new girl : SO UNDERRATED! this is actually my favourite song of hers, its just so cool - its futuristic and fun, the chorusss

perfume - ワンルーム・ディスコ : amazing BOP, dreamcast-core... this is so flawless

Caroline polachek - smoke : it's okay, it's kind of whatever... I used to skip this when I listened to the album

Rihanna - te amo : it has a very sombre, dark vibe to it that I find very fascinating. not my favourite but its pretty cool I think

troye Sivan - lost boy : bit of a time capsule... he's come a long way, this is something I'd probably only listen to if I was feeling nostalgic for the Tumblr-core era

janet jackson - trust a try : always thought this was pretty campy :skull: I don't think I love it tbh

Charli xcx - visions : the energy is crazy, this is very proto-BRAT which is really cool, love it obviously

slayyyter - tear me open : the production serveeee, I need to listen to this album more because I really like the songs from it!! this is great

Olivia rodrigo - pretty isn't pretty : dream pop SERVE!! she is so great with this sound, the chorus is gorgeous, I love the vibes... hoping for more dreampop OR3

paramore - all I wanted : classic album, prob their best, this is nice

shura - skyline be mine : cool atmosphere honestly, not sure where I'd place it overall though

Yeule - cyber meat : one of the best albums of all time... I love this song, the energy, the delivery, the distortion... BOP!

Summer Walker - Unloyal: I like this one

Denzel Curry - Cole Pimp:  I don't listen to him anymore so I wasn't even aware he had a new album out but I can appreciate this entry for an atrl game. Prob will be upper half. 

Dagny - Bye Bye Baby: Just there for me. 

The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: A little overplayed but I still like it. 

Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness: I prefer the remix actually. It's not bad but I have no attachment to BTD lana.  

Slayyyter - Purrr: I like her mixtape but her album material doesn't do it for me. 

Billie Eilish - ilomilo: Luckily for you, billie has slightly grown on me over the past year. I like the little dark production quirks. 

The Ready Set - Teammate: Eh. Not nearly as good as Love Like Woe from them. 

Frank Ocean - Lost: a song I know and love already. The synths throughout are infectious. 

Katy Perry - Only Love: tf outta here yo 

Victoria Monét - Good Bye: pleasant enough 

Kendrick Lamar - XXX.: Used to be one of my faves from damn back in 2017. Doesn't hold up as well now but still solid. 

Nadia Oh - S.E.X: The kind of pop I love~ 

Azealia Banks - Soda: generic "bop" as people say 

Alvvays - Belinda Says: Not into this indie stuff rn 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

round 1 critiques ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

PinkPantheress Shares New Single 'Capable of Love' From 'Heaven Knows'

Summer Walker - Unloyal: very nice song to me I know she usually does bad in the games here but I enjoy her music <3
Denzel Curry - Cole Pimp: never was a fan of juicy j / ty dolla but this honestly works for me
Dagny - Bye Bye Baby: I see the appeal but it's not something I'd go out of my way to listen to
The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: loved this song when it came out. I like it less now but it's still nice & pretty
Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness: kinda the most nostalgic song of all time for me? my first lana song I've heard and fell in love with it even named a new toon on toontown it :sob: and then I started to HATE it when the remix came out but listening today I'm like wow what a song.
Slayyyter - Purrr: this is such an anti me song but I did end up ironically liking it and now I'm back at the stage of not really liking it
Billie Eilish - ilomilo: nice song prob top 3 on the album for me
The Ready Set - Teammate: thought I would hate this at the start but I ended up liking it more towards the end
Frank Ocean - Lost: love this song sooooo much
Katy Perry - Only Love: a huge no for me sorry bro
Victoria Monét - Good Bye: this song was very nice she makes great music <3
Kendrick Lamar - XXX.: LOVE this song and the album, the men are taking it
Nadia Oh - S.E.X.: despise this like purr it's anti me music
Azealia Banks - Soda: I enjoy many songs from this album but I do not enjoy this one
Alvvays - Belinda Says: lovely song love the production

insta.thumb.gif.04c5628c1255873cbf2d08c6

• Like 1

Beyoncé - Diva (Breakable boppity bop with a bit of a typical/generalised lyrical layout, but there is drive behind the song). 

Natasha Bedingfield - No Mozart (Chorus rises it up pumpingly, and the piano fuelled rhythm of the verses doesn't lag behind. Cutesy of a tune even though it trespasses a part of general place). 

Group A

skinny dipping - why did you send this
i wanna tell u - this is what i wanted to submit, so jealous
love in stereo - a cute song, anyone who hates it is bored
boots - i wanted to hate it, but it was fine
kitty kat - my winner so far
to be loved - definitely not my fav but it's not bad. way too long and was intended for the 30+ crowd
sky love - really good
no one noticed - fav from the album tbh 
love language - i like this one, also wanted to send it
solo - my gay card getting revoked bc i didnt care for it
danger zone - i liked it, especially towards the last two minutes
onanon - top 3 for sure
pink pony club - has been stuck in my head all week
mood ring - first time listening and i really loved
sleep on my side - where was she on jan 6th...
apple - i like it, but there are better songs in this selection

Indigo De Souza - Younger & Dumber (I like how her voice reflects poignant and hurtful emotions based in lyrics and the tender melody is pretty supportive of it all too). 

Britney Spears - Brave New Girl (Interesting production choices in the choruses and bridge melody, but there is not much encapsulating bravery otherwise). 

Perfume - ワンルーム・ディスコ (Fleeting, but there is also this bubblegum effervescent charm to it).  

Caroline Polachek - Smoke (The melody is thumpingly rolling, and the whole song evokes dimly set in the mountains kind of). 

Rihanna - Te Amo (Talking about thumping and inflections, we have that here too. Me gusta). 

Troye Sivan - LOST BOY (Post-chorus melody and echoing are dazzlingly mesmerising and the whole sparse amorphous vibe is cotton comfy like).  

Janet Jackson - Trust a Try (Hard hitting and driving production all over and within this even though it is a bit over indulgent length wise, but it works in its favour). 

Charli XCX - Visions (Techno infused chaotic melodies burst wide and open towards the end and the hook hooks I would say. I have pictures in my mind alright). 

Slayyyter - Tear Me Open (Constant subtlety of melody popping and her mellower tone make for a chill and pleasant listen). 

Olivia Rodrigo - pretty isn't pretty (One of the GUTS higher moments and pretty mellow rockish output with a bit of an overstated message, but vibe and tune are there). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.