Vanishing Letters 11 • Round 14

Auburn

F8nE35q.gif

We are so back! VL has reappeared and this season will be better than ever! With many never-before-seen changes coming to the game this season, we are going to view the game from brand new eyes. Are we ready?

cq9aPSC.png

Please read this section as there are many changes to the game this season.

• Every round will have a theme that you must follow, and I will ask for you to send either a song, single, or album track.
    • Song can be both a single or an album track, whereas a single needs to be officially released as such, and an album track cannot be officially released as a single. Promotional singles will be counted as album tracks unless they were also released as an official single.
  • Next comes the hard part: every round I will also give you a few "vanishing letters" and these letters cannot appear in either the artist's name or the song title or sometimes both, which will be specified each round.
  • This season may also include other "vanishing" criteria/restrictions for the songs to make it more interesting, such as song stream limits or artist monthly listener limits.
  • Once everyone has submitted their song, I will post a playlist containing the entries and you must listen to all of the entries, and then post your critiques in this thread (preferably one-by-one).
  • You will also need to rank ALL of the songs in your group, excluding your own.
  • DO NOT reveal your entry to your fellow players until the results are announced.
  • The player(s) with the highest average will win the round, and the player(s) with the lowest average will be vanished from the game.
  • The winner(s) of the previous round will be rewarded with seeing the next round's theme early and get to vanish an artist for that round. And yes, this means for the groups phase of the game there will be multiple vanished artists for each round.
  • This season artists will be vanished (banned) after being sent TWO (2) times. You can only send an artist once in the season. We're also keeping the same vanished songs list from last season.
  • It is your ultimately your responsibility to ensure that your entry fits all of the criteria for the round but I will do my best to catch what I can.

if6HlgN.png

How should my entry look?

You can either send me a Spotify link to your song or just the title and artist name. I prefer a Spotify link of the exact version of the song you wish to send, so that way there is no confusion.

How do I submit my entry?

Vanishing Letters is an anonymous game, so please submit your entry to me via Discord [au.burn] (PREFERRED) or ATRL PM (NOT PREFERRED). Discord submissions get priority! I am begging you to send by Discord if you have an account because I hate ATRL PMs. If you stupidly decide to send by ATRL PM, please know that Discord will be checked first and also keep it in a single PM for the entire season. Please do not communicate with me in the thread or with other players about which song is yours or you will be penalized.

What if someone else tries to submit the same song as me?

If more than one player submits the same song, the contestant that sent the song first gets to use it (unless they sent by ATRL PM), so remember to send one or two back-up songs just in case this happens. This is why it is important to send by Discord instead of ATRL PM.

Is sending rankings necessary?

Yes, failing to do so will result in disqualification from the game. If you need extra time please ask for an extension.

How are the results compiled?

The average ranking of your song from your fellow players will constitute its score.

What happened to the judges?

The judges were a universally PANNED concept and will not be returning this season. One might say they have vanished.

If I have one of the vanishing letters in my entry or violate any of the other criteria or rules, what will happen?

You will be penalized by having your entry's average ranking doubled. If you have questions about your entry, I will gladly answer them.

What if numbers appear in my song title/artist name?

If the song is officially listed in booklets, Wikipedia, etc. to use a number, then that number does not count and you can use the song. For example, if "O" was vanished and you wanted to send Amerie's "1 Thing", that would be accepted.

Let's go!

• Thanks 3

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auburn

• Julia Fox

• Staryu

• smholiv

Top Posters In This Topic

reserved

oh hell yes sign me up

I'm in!

1. thecptz

2. Crashed

***** stole my game 

Just now, Overprotected said:

***** stole my game 

omg lets work it out on the remix

• Like 1

:suburban:

Guess I'll play 

1. thecptz

2. Crashed

3. Overprotected
4. Noah
5. Staryu

1. thecptz

2. Crashed

3. Overprotected
4. Noah
5. Staryu
6. Bicassie

• ATRL Moderator

1. thecptz

2. Crashed

3. Overprotected
4. Noah
5. Staryu
6. Bicassie

7. Element

JNgq.gif

I have a new discord so just sent a friend request :smile:

• Like 1

1. thecptz

2. Crashed

3. Overprotected
4. Noah
5. Staryu
6. Bicassie

7. Element

8. poki

9. ho

10. Touch It

1. thecptz

2. Crashed

3. Overprotected
4. Noah
5. Staryu
6. Bicassie

7. Element

8. poki

9. ho

10. Touch It

11. Kinich

Oh wow I thought this game wasn't coming back this year.

Ok, sign me up. On mobile. 

1. thecptz

2. Crashed

3. Overprotected
4. Noah
5. Staryu
6. Bicassie

7. Element

8. poki

9. ho

10. Touch It

11. Kinich

12. Kelp

13. touya kinomoto

smu

Sign me up omg

1. thecptz

2. Crashed

3. Overprotected
4. Noah
5. Staryu
6. Bicassie

7. Element

8. poki

9. ho

10. Touch It

11. Kinich

12. Kelp

13. touya kinomoto

14. Alena

15. Born to Run

16. Julia Fox

1. thecptz

2. Crashed

3. Overprotected
4. Noah
5. Staryu
6. Bicassie

7. Element

8. poki

9. ho

10. Touch It

11. Kinich

12. Kelp

13. touya kinomoto

14. Alena

15. Born to Run

16. Julia Fox

17. nostalgic 

Ok drag me a bit with the ATRL PMs rule. I guess I'm signing up for Discord then :suburban:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, thecptz said:

omg lets work it out on the remix

It's not hard to see the game is mine 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.