What caused ATRLs downfall?

Distantconstellation

I joined in like 2013 and it doesn't seem that different?  But I do miss the recently responded section. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• May

• selena_lavigne

• ZEBRA

Wait until Gaga releases another bomb:rip:

• Confused 1

X formerly Twitter 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

that time when the site was unavailable for hours

it really damaged the site's activity tbh :rip:

There was just an all-time user peak a week ago @Distantconstellation What is this thread :rip: Some of yall have never been on a dead forum, or are just trolling :bibliahh:

Edited by Reginald

ATRL is legit like one of the most active forums out there. They're a dying art. :sosad:

For real though the server issues were really bad for YEARS and I remember using the site less at that time cause it was just a pain. 

I mean forums in general just declined from the early 2010s onwards but also ATRL is far from dead :deadbanana4:

at least the servers are doing fine .. for now 

0741b11a408e893f6bcfa7cd4ff5dcd7_w200.gi

what happened on tuesday that caused a new peak? 

Taylor Swift sued the server for plagiarism.

Why are people mentioning the missing 'recently updated section'? There still is a 5-last-updated-topics one on the main page, or am I missing something?

OT: HQ AVIs :thing:

Normani fans dipped. 

I joined 2019 and i didn't really notice any notable decline in activity, i feel like it's still active especially when something messy happens or a big artist releases 

i wasn't here in the early 2010s tho so i can't really compare lol

error 503, no SYG, too many swiftie mods who get trigger happy with the WP system

If the forum didn't have server issues it would have been so massive back in like 2015 with open registration. It's still an active forum, but it would probably be twice as active right now

It feels less dead than few years ago when you'd get 10 errors in 5 minutes :giraffe: I'm surprised it's still alive tbh

Poot

I wish there wAs more support for other genres and artists outside of just pop. Imagine a popular hip hop section 🤔 but it is still good for general discussions on pop generally 

the server issues for all those years and having to limit new users

shifting the moderation to become more conservative and less chaotic 

but it's still here despite this and way more active than you would expect, so what do i know :giraffe:

Compared to other music forums it's still pretty active, which is interesting considering all of its issues

It's actually doing pretty well all things considered.

From the 503 plague to the site being depleted of features over the years to the archives getting deleted, this site went through HELL until last year. :dies:

Plus, the upvote feature did away with a lot of "useless" posts (quoting with emojis, "this", etc.). Before it, the forum looked busier than it actually was.

Edited by Virgos Groove

3 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

I remember i was in Miami getting my COVID vaccine when i found out the news, i could not make threads anymore. 

:rip:

3 hours ago, May said:

everyone who made threads that weren't ur typical "stat x stat. Why?" got their thread making privileges revoked

I miss your weird threads where you'd threaten to break people's arms :deadbanana2:

We need more explicit conversations.

stan-twitter-new-york.gif 

48 minutes ago, glitch said:

I miss your weird threads where you'd threaten to break people's arms :deadbanana2:

I remember that thread, i had like 5 ppl all dragging me and it was just page after page of me threatening to break their numerous limbs, legs/wrist/arms :ahh: 

(i was drunk)

Edited by May
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.