What caused ATRLs downfall?

Distantconstellation

A lot of people mention how atrl isn't as active as it use to be years back. But what caused it's downfall?

Edited by Distantconstellation
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• May

• selena_lavigne

• ZEBRA

Banning Cupcakke

• Haha 3

ATRL just had it's most popular browsing days in years a month ago. I'd say with many new members coming to this forum it's actually far from dying. 

People on here probably just prefer to use this instead of the actual pits of the internet that is stan twitter. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, cOe said:

Forums are actually kind of dying now. I'd say that ATRL's activity in mid 2024 is actually pretty impressive

This.  The activity right now is in Twitter or discord. This is a dying medium pretty much and for that it's quite active to a certain degree 

everything changed when the fire nation attacked :foxaylove3:

• Haha 1

selling out for ads and sponsorships 

stan-twitter-new-york.gif

• Thanks 2

ATRL is the only board that's kinda active out of those I've joined over the years.

The 503 errors a while back.

The security risk where people were logged into other people's accounts and quite a few people voluntarily deleted their accounts 

stan-twitter-new-york.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're still standing. I honestly didn't think the forum would make it this long :rip:

• Like 1

Although it might seem like it's "dying", I honestly can't think of many forums that have this much consistent traffic from its user base. 

That being said, like one user said, removing the three most recently responded to threads was an error imo, as well as not being able to change themes anymore. 

The ads are a bit annoying, but I understand why they are there. 

Overall, we are doing pretty good for being a 2000s pop site. 

• Like 1

it's doing really well compared to other forums

Here and LSA are still chugging along. LSA is basically our sister site the way y'all steal posts from over there! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

i mean, how many forums are still active from the ATRL hey days? how many forums are still active in general tbh...

ATRL is still the best online forum in the world. :cm:
There is nothing quite like waking up and listening to music and coming on here.

And i'm 100% sure at least 1,000 other users feel the same way. 

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Like 4

it doesnt seem very different/quieter from when i first joined :michael:

Didn't it hit a new active user peak this week?

• Like 1

everyone who made threads that weren't ur typical "stat x stat. Why?" got their thread making privileges revoked

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, May said:

everyone who made threads that weren't ur typical "stat x stat. Why?" got their thread making privileges revoked

I remember i was in Miami getting my COVID vaccine when i found out the news, i could not make threads anymore. 

32 minutes ago, Keter said:

Here and LSA are still chugging along. LSA is basically our sister site the way y'all steal posts from over there! 

Even the Roof on ATRL is a rip off of Dark Room

• Thanks 1

Considering what this site has been through, it's still very active.  I can't really think of any other place where people can talk about pop music, politics, global news, technology, and celebrity memes all in one location.  It doesn't make any sense and that's why it's so great. :gaygacat5:

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.