Ryan Reynolds met Madonna to get music for 'Deadpool & Wolverine'

Wildcat

Ryan Reynolds explained at a recent SiriusXM Town Hall that he and the movie's director, Shawn Levy, had a "personal meeting with Madonna" to show the pop icon the sequence in which the song would be used in the film. 

"Also, let's preface it with the fact that they don't license — Madonna doesn't just license the song, and particularly that song has not been licensed," Reynolds pointed out. "So it was a big deal to ask for it and certainly a bigger deal to use it... We went over and met with her and showed her how it was being used and where and why." 

Levy added that it felt like the pair were "meeting royalty" when they hung out with the singer to discuss getting her sign-off.

"I even asked someone who worked with her — I was like, 'Am I allowed to just say Madonna?' Like, 'Hello, Madonna?'" Reynolds recalled before answering himself jokingly, "'I'm f---ing Ryan.'". He continued, "That was one of the great thrills of my life."

https://ew.com/ryan-reynolds-met-madonna-for-permission-to-use-music-in-deadpool-and-wolverine-8681146

• Like 6

should've said no 

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

He's sooooooooo cute :heart2:

The queen and Deadpool. And wolverine. 

Hugh Jackman is a madonna fan :heart2:

Edited by nightowl
  • Like 3

But the song is not in the official soundtrack as far as I know lol so I guess Madonna is very picky about this stuff 

11 minutes ago, LOTF said:

But the song is not in the official soundtrack as far as I know lol so I guess Madonna is very picky about this stuff 

She gave awful Glee access to her full catalog so I don't think she's particularly picky :rip:

• Haha 2

He couldn't somehow sneak Rain into the movie?

Madonna and 2 khias 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, shyboi said:

Hugh, Ryan and a khia 

Not ava being in the movie 

• Haha 2

Perfect song choice for Marvel Jesus

She also gave them notes to make that sequence different, which they took the advice and according to Ryan it worked and its in the movie

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Madonna's Deadpool & Wolverine is coming for the 1B box office :clap3:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Wait I came here thinking she had said NO :rip: 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, shyboi said:

Hugh, Ryan and a khia 

Flop post from a khia user of atrl 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

She also gave them notes to make that sequence different, which they took the advice and according to Ryan it worked and its in the movie

Will she have a credit as a co-Director? :ryan3:

• Haha 1

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 1

Ryan Reynolds meets Madonna asks permission to use the greatest song of all time in new movie

Will LAP explode on streaming platforms?

What movie?

54 minutes ago, Mr_campbell said:

What movie?

The new Deadpool movie of course :gayorkcat2:

LAP is an all time great, it does not need to explode on streaming, but I guess it could be cute. I would wish for a more underrated Madonna song to take off instead. She has some sleepers in her discography.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.