Taylor Swift thanks fans for making TTPD #1 for 12 weeks: "I'm completely blown away"

Riverbank

It gives BTS @ #1 vibes

:suburban:

• Haha 7

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naval23

• Trent W

• Feanor

• Gui Blackout

10 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

She doesn't just keep track of it, her self value is tied to it 

she showed that much in her documentary

11 hours ago, alexrex said:

Taylor, you're already rich af, have broken every single record with your tour. How many unnnecessary versions of this long ass album will you release? 

Y'all need to check that weird parasocial relationship you have with Taylor especially with you knowing her so personally apparently.

it's always the same 10 people following her around like dogs but y'all say her fans are insane :juanny:

Ot, congrats! The way the GP loved this album while this bubble of a forum acted like nobody liked it was gold :clap3:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

12 consecutive weeks at number 1 is hard to get, not everyone has a number 1 on the Billboard 200…

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bloo said:

Releasing multiple variants doesn't mean people will buy them. Plenty of artists release multiple variants and fail to maintain the same amount of success. It's not a given. It still takes her fans to buy them in that case which is why she's thanking them. It's not that confusing or convoluted.

Regardless, if she didn't thank her fans y'all would probably say she took it all for granted and would complain that she's entitled. 

True but her biggest success is cultivating a fandom that is as obsessed and fragile as she is so they see her success as their success and rush out to support her no matter what, validating her manipulative and exploitative tactics. 40 variants. It's shameless.

• Thanks 12
  • Thumbs Down 9

CATCH IT!

spacer.png

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, Starchild said:

her fans are insane

Yes they are :mandown:

Who buys this album more than once? Only the insane

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 hour ago, alexrex said:

Yes they are :mandown:

Who buys this album more than once? Only the insane

whoopi-goldberg-rakeitoop.gif

At least those are FANS 

Can't say the same for the people that spend all day claiming they "can't stand her" while simultaneously running to her threads and obsessively bringing her name up in almost every unrelated thread. Also they claim to know her very personally:

12 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

She doesn't just keep track of it, her self value is tied to it

Now that's insane but y'all love to play dumb so Ill leave y'all in your bubble 

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Trent W said:

Honestly the only people that live in an alternative world is the largest part of her fanbase

And you are clearly the most psycho one.

Other people is just hating. But you are on a whole other level. Pretend to like some of her songs, acting like oh im a fan but i get to called her out on things.  Create a whole new bipolar personality just to online hate an artist. Like who even have Calvin Harris as their avatar? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

6 hours ago, Starchild said:

Y'all need to check that weird parasocial relationship you have with Taylor especially with you knowing her so personally apparently.

it's always the same 10 people following her around like dogs but y'all say her fans are insane :juanny:

Ot, congrats! The way the GP loved this album while this bubble of a forum acted like nobody liked it was gold :clap3:

I'm glad my post meant enough to you to quote me once, then come back two hours later to quote me again :rip:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Trent W said:

Honestly she was a big seller but nowhere near as relevant(loved and hated) as she is now, no one cared that much

It won't affect her fanbase, they will buy anything no matter what, but outside her base this era was not a good look at all for casual listeners, the industry and the gp.

Once again, no one cares about this. Not the casual listeners, not the industry, and certainly not the GP. 'Midnights' had multiple chart boosting tactics on its own throughout its lifetime that stans got triggered by, and yet that didn't stop it from winning AOTY… because it's literally insignificant, and she was just as relevant in 2023 as she is now. Those same casual listeners and GP are her base and they have turned 'TTPD' into her biggest album ever since '1989' and it's being predicted to be nominated for AOTY by the industry again as well. 

You seriously need to stop living in your alternative reality, cause this is already the 2nd time you've been rewriting history to try to convince yourself that Taylor is in trouble after falsely claiming that she did not suffer any backlash in 2023. :rip: 

Edited by Feanor
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Trent W said:

She ruined her reputation in the industry for this achievement  

She should've just kept the 2.5m debut and take whatever organic weeks at #1 she was meant to have

She would've looked x1000 times better than the way she looks now

TTPD will forever have a major " * " tied next to it's commercial performance 

People will never let it go

It really won't when with streaming numbers alone she would have been 1 for 10 weeks based on just streaming if dumb people ignore that then oh well. 

As somebody who owns a copy of every BLACKPINK variant (including solo member releases) I can't really say anything negative about fans who purchase multiple copies of the same album. A collector's gonna collect. 

12 hours ago, Trent W said:

I'm not in that part of y'all

Im a casual fan, she literally went overboard with all these variants, at some point I even wondered if she was mentally okay cause the obsession to keep this album on the top was something out of character even for her who has always been competitive 

All I know is her fanbase will deny this and say it won't affect cause most will continue to buy anything coming from her, even if it's her feces in a jar.

She did destroy her image outside her bubble this era

Hun, is this really what you tell yourself when you're in every TS thread writing paragraph after paragraph after discourse after essay?

Rihanna Shade GIF

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, itshyolee said:

Not her acting "blown away" that it remained at #1 for 12 weeks when she was releasing 90928387373 new variants everyday :suburban:

It's giving someone who buys themselves a present for Christmas and then acts surprised that there's something under the Christmas tree.

spacer.png

queen tingz ig

When she undoubtedly becomes the best selling female artist of all time, it's important to land a big fat asterisk next to it.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, itshyolee said:

Not her acting "blown away" that it remained at #1 for 12 weeks when she was releasing 90928387373 new variants everyday :suburban:

It's giving someone who buys themselves a present for Christmas and then acts surprised that there's something under the Christmas tree.

is this a world record for reactions to a post - we can't all be famous like you, slay 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jay07 said:

True but her biggest success is cultivating a fandom that is as obsessed and fragile as she is so they see her success as their success and rush out to support her no matter what, validating her manipulative and exploitative tactics. 40 variants. It's shameless.

How's that any different from any of the biggest artists of all time? 

Edited by Badgalbriel

3 hours ago, chiliam said:

And you are clearly the most psycho one.

Other people is just hating. But you are on a whole other level. Pretend to like some of her songs, acting like oh im a fan but i get to called her out on things.  Create a whole new bipolar personality just to online hate an artist. Like who even have Calvin Harris as their avatar? 

Im not hating on her, Im just saying she was better off without these unnecessary tactics that tarnished her reputation 

The problem that her fanbase has is that any minimum criticism one person makes and you are immediately labeled as a hater.

That's basically a cult, people who can't see their leader was what that person is, everything needs to be perfect for that person, nothing is ever wrong with her according to you people.

I'm very direct with my opinions, but I don't hate her. I respect her music and the amount of work she puts.

Is just that these cheap tactics suck and she doesn't need to act this desperate being a veteran and already on of the biggest sellers all time.

Edited by Trent W
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The top 2 posters in this thread being people that don't like Taylor or stan her :suburban:

• Haha 1

Queen of breaking records UNEXPECTEDLY :clap3:

Reminds me of my friend that cornered her bf to propose, for months. Then friends, family and close ones get invited to a random party/event. And she showed up "late" in a red versace dress and kept saying how "hectic" her day was over and over. Then her bf "genuinely" proposed. And "tears" came out, suddenly a professional photographer showed up to take photos of them. She also uttered a VERY believable " I'm blown away, I'm so surprised". Like gorl even the tissues your bff pulled out for your fake tears were red, matching your dress. 

But a win is a win. Congrats to the industry. 

Edited by TouchinFree
  • Haha 4

I'm surprised she didn't wait for week 13 next week to thank

On 7/20/2024 at 10:18 PM, itshyolee said:

I'M CRYIINGGGG :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.