Taylor Swift thanks fans for making TTPD #1 for 12 weeks: "I'm completely blown away"

Riverbank

9 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Releasing multiple variants doesn't mean people will buy them. Plenty of artists release multiple variants and fail to maintain the same amount of success. It's not a given. It still takes her fans to buy them in that case which is why she's thanking them. It's not that confusing or convoluted.

Regardless, if she didn't thank her fans y'all would probably say she took it all for granted and would complain that she's entitled. 

Nah no one would but keep assuming. 

• Like 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naval23

• Trent W

• Feanor

• Gui Blackout

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

We've been told these exact. same. things. when she used Pizza boxes to sell more copies of 'RED', when she sold polaroids for '1989', magazines for 'reputation', diaries for 'Lover', strategic signed CD drops for 'folklore', 39cent discounts for "willow" and digital variants for 'Midnights'… and none of it had any negative impact on her career or her standing in the industry. Literally no one outside of stans cares about this. :rofl:

Honestly she was a big seller but nowhere near as relevant(loved and hated) as she is now, no one cared that much

It won't affect her fanbase, they will buy anything no matter what, but outside her base this era was not a good look at all for casual listeners, the industry and the gp.

Edited by Trent W
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

i feel like she buys her albums idk 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

The industry is other artists, peers and credibility across the board 

Im sure execs are happy with these extremely capitalistic tactics

But a lot of the respect she had was thrown to the trash

There is literally no one complaining about the variants except Billie Eilish who did the same thing.
Do you have receipts of other artists, peers actually saying something bad? Or is just in your head

• Like 1

Congrats queen, well deserved and the haters stay mad :clap3:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

People will never let it go

we can tell by the amount of threads y'all make daily :rip:

• Haha 1

I think Katy Perry with her acclaimed 143 album will pass this record, Sorry Taylor! Mark my words pretty please.

When she does things like this it just makes her look so calculated, fake and her entire schtick beyond curated.

I don't know how anyone warms to it :toofunny3:

Like be proud of your success and own it but don't paint it in the light that you're surprised this happened, you're the most famous woman in the world and have incredible selling power that you utilised at every opportunity to make this incredibly average album cling onto the charts for 11 weeks longer than was necessary.

It's all so unpleasant and uncouth. 

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

So it was clear her goal with the variants was to beat the all-time record for most weeks at #1 from debut that is, I believe, held by Stevie Wonder. She was so close and then Eminem was the one who stopped her. :rip: :rip: I kinda feel bad because she generated so much bad press and ill will towards her for the variants only for her to fall short of, like, one week. :rip: 

13 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

we can tell by the amount of threads y'all make daily :rip:

I'm not in that part of y'all

Im a casual fan, she literally went overboard with all these variants, at some point I even wondered if she was mentally okay cause the obsession to keep this album on the top was something out of character even for her who has always been competitive 

All I know is her fanbase will deny this and say it won't affect cause most will continue to buy anything coming from her, even if it's her feces in a jar.

She did destroy her image outside her bubble this era

• Like 2

She is the actual worst. Just evil and phony.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Bloo said:

Why is it cringe when an artist tracks the numbers for their own projects but not when we (random people on the Internet) do it?

Exactly. People who are in business keep tabs on their progress. Some value it more than others but to think commodities don't check on their status is just naive.

I stream this record every week still I really like it

But I agree she pissed off everyone with the variants. like what are the rest of us supposed to do w/900 versions of ur album…???

She needs a Max Martin reunion album with bare minimum variants now. I think her fans secretly want this too haha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, naval23 said:

The fact she keeps track of this stuff is :hoetenks:

I doubt Adele even knows how many weeks 25 or 21 went #1 for 

Thats why Adele fans get an album every 5 6 years if lucky. Lol.

We stan artist that cares about their music career. 

You can keep stanning those "not care" girl and getting crumbs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Trent W said:

Honestly she was a big seller but nowhere near as relevant(loved and hated) as she is now, no one cared that much

It won't affect her fanbase, they will buy anything no matter what, but outside her base this era was not a good look at all for casual listeners, the industry and the gp.

You guys are really living in an alternative world.

You do realized that even with 1 varriant she outselling all other current artists in pure sale, right?

Hating some artist to the point hallucinating another reality ..... seek help

• Like 2

this thread is a kiiiiiiii

She shouldn't be that surprised her fans have terrible musical taste... :coffee2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chiliam said:

You do realized that even with 1 varriant she outselling all other current artists in pure sale, right?

No one is hallucinating anything. Tons of casual listeners and music enthusiasts really disliked her new album.

Example of a casual listener and hardcore fan (couple) hating on the album:

Example of a music enthusiast/critic disliking the album:

These are just TWO example, but I could provide more. This era was not well received by anyone but her fan base, but because she has such a huge fan base, it creates the fall illusion that it was well received overall. Kudos to her. She can release trash and still sell a lot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NausAllien said:

No one is hallucinating anything. Tons of casual listeners and music enthusiasts really disliked her new album.

Example of a casual listener and hardcore fan (couple) hating on the album:

Example of a music enthusiast/critic disliking the album:

These are just TWO example, but I could provide more. This era was not well received by anyone but her fan base, but because she has such a huge fan base, it creates the fall illusion that it was well received overall. Kudos to her. She can release trash and still sell a lot.

Stop linking this ugly communist 

1 hour ago, chiliam said:

Honestly the only people that live in an alternative world is the largest part of her fanbase

• Like 5

She gets lazy when her albums are successful.  So this isn't a good sign 

Y'all pressed about it because she's the only one with variants that can sell and get her to number 1 while your fave's variants just get her to barely scrap top 10 before dropping out of the top 30 the next week :gaycat4:

Congrats! Please let her take a few years off after this and the tour. :rip:

Cute of her to reference that Carrie Underwood album 

:clack:

It's the biggest album of the year. The biggest artist of the year, decade and century.

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.