Has Olivia Rodrigo lost her momentum?

Feanor

On 7/20/2024 at 12:40 PM, georgechxng said:

exactly, just like drivers license and good 4 u were outstreaming all the tracks of hte combined back in 2021

And then 6 months after they fizzled out HTE was outstreaming both on global Spotify despite peaking at #11 :rip:

GUTS had a very similar chart run as HTE did in the states, but globally HTE did much better. I don't see it catching up to its overall units anytime soon either. Then WWIMF was a cultural phenomena that Vampire was not.  And as a whole Billie is a streaming juggernaut that Olivia just is not outside of Sour. 

OT: Yes but I think her next lead will still do decently since she has a fanbase. Idk about longevity though.

• Like 9

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hawx23

• Blackout2006

• RoseBud

• zuper

7 hours ago, hawx23 said:

Literally no one knew that and DL and G4U were her biggest songs. The bigger tea is why Deja Vu didn't hit bigger if she was just supported by Swifties. 

So the second single of her hitting #3 on Billboard 100 and #13 on Billboard year-end is not big enough ? :ahh:

7 hours ago, hawx23 said:

PS this Sabrina-fan erasure of Taylor has gotta stop. She literally was parading with Taylor in awards shows and in a zoo photo op etc etc. And now they're all pretending Taylor had nothing to do with her success. Insanity. 

Don't you do it the same with Olivia?

Here is her parading to Taylor since the release of DL: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a45101702/olivia-rodrigo-taylor-swift-drama-explained/

7 hours ago, zuper said:

So the second single of her hitting #3 on Billboard 100 and #13 on Billboard year-end is not big enough ? :ahh:

Don't you do it the same with Olivia?

Here is her parading to Taylor since the release of DL: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a45101702/olivia-rodrigo-taylor-swift-drama-explained/

You guys thinking Olivia never talking about Taylor is the same as Sabrina opening for the tour is completely delusional 

• Like 1

She isn't that relevant anymore but I think that's what usually happens to artists who have huge debut albums /eras. She might regain her success later on

Olivia/Sabrina/Chappel are all fads and will lose momentum (Olivia obviously is losing momentum)

Billie will have no musical legacy except for Academy Awards stuff

Taylor won

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

Billie flopped HARD with HTE but its smashing with her new album, maybe with OR3 she will rise again.

Olivia is doing damn fine.

*sips from Stanley x Olivia Rodrigo collab*

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hawx23 said:

You guys thinking Olivia never talking about Taylor is the same as Sabrina opening for the tour is completely delusional 

Olivia literally promoted the first Re-Recording and start of this decades Taylormania on TikTok, please stop trying to change Olivia's history. By your definition Gayle should also have two hits this year. 

35 minutes ago, zuper said:

Olivia literally promoted the first Re-Recording and start of this decades Taylormania on TikTok, please stop trying to change Olivia's history. By your definition Gayle should also have two hits this year. 

Sabrina was able to propel herself from the Eras tour more than any of the other openers. 

Why do you keep avoiding that fact?

GUTS is literally my favorite album of the millennium and turned me into a fan, so no, she hasn't lost anything :clap3: 

• Like 2

the way they fumble the Guts single should be study especially after the perfect single runs with Sour.

Anyway, she has her audience and the tour is doing well. She will be fine.

• Like 2

She's gonna go full-on pop for OR3.

Based on the GUTS Tour aesthetics, she's dropping the Avril vibes and emulating Taylor.

I enjoyed her second album much more than the first one, im surprised it didn't do so well. I think her strength is in lyricism, at least me I could relate to most of her songs. Her third album will show the truth yet I think she should wait till those season girls like Sabrina or chapel will finish their careers. She won't wait long though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

y'all said the same about billie during hte era :devil:

• Like 1

It does feel like her momentum has waned. She feels like a traditional 2000s major label pop star to me, I don't feel like she's bringing what the other it girls of the moment are. That said, she's hugely successful and had one of the biggest debut eras in the past decade. I think this is her HTE lull and she'll come back.

but guts is not one of the most streamed albums daily? i dont see the problem 

On 7/22/2024 at 3:51 AM, bad guy said:

And then 6 months after they fizzled out HTE was outstreaming both on global Spotify despite peaking at #11 :rip:

was that supposed to be some sort of gotcha "hte was the one to serve longevity" moment? bc if so that's embarassing for you since happier than ever (1.3B overall streams) is doing 650k daily streams w combined versions and boosted by a recent comeback while drivers license and good 4 u are both doing +900k daily streams and have crossed 2.2B streams as of lately :chick1: also unlike you say, guts will def catch onto hte in units eventually or at the very least keep performing better in day to day comparisons since it's gonna end its first year anniversary with +5M units globally per chartmasters while they had HTE selling +4M during its first full year of release. 

Edited by georgechxng
  • Like 3

She's actually very much like Avril. Wonder if she will go full pop next. (Avril did make a u turn with UMS of darker sound and grunge music.)

She can turn thing saround if she drops the high school heartbreak mid 00s shtick. It's been done to death at this point. Also, her voice is lowkey grating and irritating but I'll let that slip for now.

GUTS is still million times better than anything Sabrina or Chappell have ever done :skull: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I think she just needs to do something more conceptual/interesting with the next album but keep the songwriting solid... 

GUTS overall is better than SOUR but people just look at it as SOUR 2.0...

5 hours ago, romas_ld said:

GUTS is still million times better than anything Sabrina or Chappell have ever done :skull: 

It's actually not even as good as Chappell's only album, and Please Please Please kinda devours anything on GUTS (except pretty isn't pretty)

• Haha 1

GUTS is a much more authentic artistic album as compared to SOUR tho. It establishes her not as a trend chaser artist. I can't say the same to artists who are doing the 80s sound.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 1:46 PM, KKKIMO92 said:

She's actually very much like Avril. Wonder if she will go full pop next. (Avril did make a u turn with UMS of darker sound and grunge music.)

Coming with a pop rock song in the vibes of Girlfriend would be a big mistake. That song was a huge hit but ruined avril reputation for the rest of her career

Olivia should better follow a Taylor Direction.
Maybe a strong pop single and then some strong folky one as 2th one :giraffe:Her aesthetic should be also different
Here for 2 or 3 pop rock songs and thats it. The rest something absolutely different. Longer album. Maybe Synthpop. Keeping her songwriting and edge is pivotal

Edited by AvadaKedavra

30 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Coming with a pop rock song in the vibes of Girlfriend would be a big mistake. That song was a huge hit but ruined avril reputation for the rest of her career

Olivia should better follow a Taylor Direction.
Maybe a strong pop single and then some strong folky one as 2th one :giraffe:Her aesthetic should be also different
Here for 2 or 3 pop rock songs and thats it. The rest something absolutely different. Longer album. Maybe Synthpop. Keeping her songwriting and edge is pivotal

what ruined Avril reputation was the aesthetics, if TBDT had a less pink image people would praise it to heavens lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.