Has Olivia Rodrigo lost her momentum?

Feanor

I see only 3 fandoms saying Olivia faded. :fountain: 
Sour is an once of lifetime album, guts is doing well despite only having one hit, her next era will be bigger 

Edited by Dialamba

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hawx23

• Blackout2006

• RoseBud

• zuper

A certain subset of this website wants her to be over so badly, it's like they need it :rip: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Let's see if she can be another Billie who could thrive again after a sophomore slump. Actually Guts is more successful than Happier than Ever so... who knows. 

But if the third album is another purple pop/rock album then she will flop.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

She will be fine. GUTS is better than any recent releases of her peers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Feanor said:

Olivia Avis seem to have vanished.

wbk this would happen. i will always love her music and personality tho i have dragged her at the price of her token stans being annoying before 

Edited by burninredhot

This is exactly what people were saying about Billie 3 months ago. Olivia is here to stay. The only thing I will say is that we always assume that all these pop girls want is to have as much commercial success as possible and maybe that's not what Olivia wants, idk. But if she does, she has to ditch the punk pop sound YESTERDAY!

18 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

I see only 3 fandoms saying Olivia faded. :fountain: 

:celestial5:  Names we need Names !

Unlike Billie, Chappell and Sabrina, Olivia has never done a single interesting thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

You can like Olivia or not but we can't deny like Billie and most of the actual pop girls she is a singer songwriter...

i can imagine  the threads about Taylor speak now back in 2010 cause the album didn't make the same success of fearless especially in terms of radio hits. And then well....:ryan3:

this generation of new artists is different from Britney or Rihanna or Katy Perry in 2008. It can happen to have a transitory project when you don't make an album it's just trendy music made by a team of 20 people.  Their creative process is really different. The career path they try to build is very different. 

No one on ATRL cared about Taylor like that back then tbh, she was seen as a country artist who had a crossover era so there were no threads like this dragging her underperformance.

ATRL was more interested in dragging Britney for HIAM sliding down the charts, Gaga for BTW underperforming and Beyoncé for her flop singles. :skull: 

Taylor was an afterthought outside her fanbase until 2012, which is crazy to think about now.

-

Anyway, she needs to change her sound a bit and release some more mature music and she should be fine. 

Edited by CaptainMusic
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, RoseBud said:

:celestial5:  Names we need Names !

It's obviously billie stans, swifties and sabrina stans. I don't think swifties would care tho if her fake stans stop making useless threads about her beef with taylor. That **** is tired and is getting boring now

2 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Unlike Billie, Chappell and Sabrina, Olivia has never done a single interesting thing.

What makes Sabrina more interesting than Olivia exactly?

They're both very far from Billie and Chappell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel she has learned her lesson and will come back strong next era. She should've never switched teams bc this team fumbled Guts era BAD. She also should consider working with other producers, and not following the Billie/Finneas print (but I fear she won't :noparty:)

yes and honestly i was expecting it to happen sooner than it did.

• Confused 1

She is having a Susan Boyle trajectory. :michael: Huge debut, nice sophomore album, moderate third album, mild fourth album, top 115 fifth album, sixth album will #172 on BB200.

Clearly gen Z and gen Alpha woke up and realized Olivia was falsely setting up Sabrina as a homewrecker. :tsk:And since she also wanted to get a weird attitude towards Taylor, Swifties are no longer inclined to support her. BIG mistake. :laugh: Taylor is clearly Team Sabrina.

Also the sappy bedroom pop is on its way OUT!! If listeners want alt music, the Big 3 :alexz: (Billie, Lana, Taylor, I call them the BLT sandwich) will provide :alexz:It's evident that the future pop girls are dipping their toes back into the fun carefree pop (Chappell). 

Edited by Twizzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Seeing how GUTS and its tour are successful without big hits is an indicator that she has successfully crafted a fanbase she can live off, which means she can make a comeback anytime 

• Like 1

No. She's still a very strong artist. She's on SOLD OUT tour and that's probably why you're not hearing much from her now.

No. Her career is going fine. She released another great album and remains a big star 

• Like 4

She's having an Avril Lavigne trajectory, this was just her UMS era. Her next album will probably be more radio friendly and upbeat just like TBDT :gaycat2: 

• Thanks 1

She could always make a chart comeback like Billie but I figure it'll be a bit harder as Billie's problem was just timing, image change & the rollout. GUTS was practically the opposite of HTE when it came to how both eras were handled and it still pretty much ended up performing the same. 

As much as I love GUTS doubling down on this pop-rock sound is probably hurting her more than it is helping, her biggest songs on Spotify & the ones that tend to have the most longevity are ballads for the most part. I don't think it helps that much of the success of her singles is helped by a certain narrative (SOUR had the sabrina drama and vampire the stuff with her ex). She feels like an artist who values arts over charts so I wouldn't be shocked if she becomes more riskier with her releases & therefore becomes smaller but has a big enough fanbase to buy her stuff & tour. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GUTS underperformed for sure but she's still the biggest artist from her generation. Her next lead will be another pop event

I must admit I kinda forgot she existed tbh.

Her music is fine tbh

The real issue with her is her weak starpower. Sabrina barely started to smash and yet it feels like her star is shining brighter than Olivia ever was. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

She's extremely successful in the grand scheme of things, but her global domination is likely over. Most artists only experience one peak and then decline commercially

She's definitely not over but Guts was undeniably a commercial decline. Which is a shame because it was also huge step up from Sour musically.

1 hour ago, Arrows said:

spacer.png

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.