CrazySexyCool vs. The Writings on the Wall

naval23

Which one?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Better singles?

• CrazySexyCool (Waterfalls, Creep, Diggin On You, Red Light Special)
    • The Writings on the Wall (Bills Bills Bills, Bug a Boo, Say My Name, Jumpin Jumpin)
  2. 2. Better overall?

• CrazySexyCool
    • The Writings on the Wall
  3. 3. More iconic?

• CrazySexyCool
    • The Writings on the Wall

Both are both groups defining albums and biggest sellers of their overall discography, but which of these albums do you prefer as a whole?

The Writing's on the Wall - WikipediaCrazySexyCool - Wikipedia

Edited by naval23

Are you trolling? CrazySexyCool is the best girl group album of all-time and a timeless record. The other is very generic and is only good for it's singles. Creep alone is better than Destiny's Child's discography. The fashion in the MV, the production on the song is still fresh in 2024. Bills Bills Bills while cute it's No Scrubs 2.0 even with the same team of writers

Edited by Josh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

I think both are good albums but I'm more attached to Writing's because it came out right when I was becoming more conscious of popular music. Also, it's kind of hard to give this a fair comparison when they are albums from 2 completely different perspective age demos. DC were teenaged girls, TLC were grown women. 

both are very very good but CSC is a game changer 

• Thanks 1

Both albums are amazing, so this is hard:jonny2:

• Like 1

Love both but I prefer DC because of bias.

CrazySexyCool, definitely.

CSC is such a collapse. 

Let me go play Take Our Time. :jonny2:

CSC for all. Literally banger after banger.

Both are excellent but CrazySexyCool is in a league of its own. Albums today wish they could be this fun while having this undeniable quality :jonny5: I'd definitely recommend every ATRLer to listen to them if they didn't.

• Like 1

This poll is a hate crime I cannot choose. 

• Haha 1

really love both but tlc def wins

2 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

Both are excellent but CrazySexyCool is in a league of its own. Albums today wish they could be this fun while having this undeniable quality :jonny5: I'd definitely recommend every ATRLer to listen to them if they didn't.

I couldn't say it better myself.

• Like 1

The Writing's On The Wall is another level... for me.

Both stunning albums but CrazySexyCool is the better listen.

also… what I will say is CSC paved the way for albums like the Writing's on the Wall to exist. It literally shifted female r&b, especially for girl groups.

• Like 1

It's funny how so many people are choosing CSC but I guarantee you a lot of them don't know anything off that album except the singles. 

TWOW is R&B History. CS. doesn't have a song better than 'Say My Name', 'Hey Ladies' or have a song showcasing their vocals on an outro like 'Amazing Grace'.

CSC is good, but it doesn't have the variety, the vocals or showcased all the group member's personalities on each song. 

• Like 1

DC>>

TLC

TLC sweetie….

Take Out Time and Let's Do It Again ALONE >>>>> whatever beyonce and Rihanna did in DC :sorry:

I only like the singles on TLC, so DC win. The DC singles run was insane :WAP:

CrazySexyCool   easily. the title itself is iconic.

Edited by jdanton2

11 hours ago, Josh said:

Are you trolling? CrazySexyCool is the best girl group album of all-time and a timeless record. The other is very generic and is only good for it's singles. Creep alone is better than Destiny's Child's discography. The fashion in the MV, the production on the song is still fresh in 2024. Bills Bills Bills while cute it's No Scrubs 2.0 even with the same team of writers

Not you doing too much with "The Writings On the Wall" to be "edgy"

4 hours ago, mons†er said:

It's funny how so many people are choosing CSC but I guarantee you a lot of them don't know anything off that album except the singles. 

TWOW is R&B History. CS. doesn't have a song better than 'Say My Name', 'Hey Ladies' or have a song showcasing their vocals on an outro like 'Amazing Grace'.

CSC is good, but it doesn't have the variety, the vocals or showcased all the group member's personalities on each song. 

Waterfalls alone is better than Say My Name. It's an actual classic. Would you be listening to TWOW if Beyonce wasn't in the group?

Edited by Josh

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Waterfalls alone is better than Say My Name. It's an actual classic. Would you be listening to TWOW if Beyonce wasn't in the group?

Yes lol?

There's no competition.

TLC clears it all even though DC are better singers overall.

CSC's hits clear TWOTW

Album as a whole clears

singles clear

Outsold

Visuals clear

Album tracks like Let's do it again, Kick your game etc. clear.

Vocals go to DC

Any other TLC album would be competitive but CSC was innovative and a sonic shift. TWOTW was excellent too but Brandy really influenced Toni Braxton's early 2000s singles and DC3's late 90s/early 2000s singles so the sound was used before.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.