Oddity (2024) | New hyped horror film | Out now on VOD!

genetic fail

Edited by genetic fail

Is this even coming out in Canada? 

I hope this turns out to be as good as its hype. Longlegs was not it. 

This is what I'm talking about! This is that early 21st century popular horror jazz, some sneaky jump scares backed by a genuinely creepy visual toolkit, that Edgar Allen Poe type ****.

this looks CREEPY! not coming out here, hope the Shudder release is soon. 

just watched today. The atmosphere is creepy but i think the plot is weak and predictable. The directing is kinda clumsy, especially in the first half, a lot of jumping around for no reason, and drags on for too long in the second half. The acting is uneven. Only the husband is consistent throughout. The girl is is particularly bad for me :skull: 

and that exclusively clip in the tweet is basically the best part of the movie and also the most terrifying. There some good scary moments throughout but the movie is a slow burn with no big payoff

Edited by Likingstars

Watched it yesterday. Favorite horror movie this year so far and best since When Evil Lurks. Creepy AF and scary as hell. 

• 5 weeks later...

Out now on VOD! :duca:

This was kinda mid

It was good. Nothing too crazy but definitely tense in atmosphere. The plot was too predictable since I called the real murderer within the first 20 minutes but the ending was twisted (even though it's nothing new)

oh man, this ******* SLAPPED. I truly loved it, gotta say. it reminded me a lot of when I first got into horror movies and found those classics supernatural chillers or hidden gems that really creep you out. it felt original, without feeling try hard. the pacing was impeccable and the scares were really effective. the only thing im not entirely a fan of is when 

Spoiler

the wooden doll came to life. I genuinely thought it was scarier that we never saw it move. but I also really liked that the doll doesn't kill Ivan, and instead Ted does (secondhand). it really hones in on his character: he was a ******* coward.

I also liked that Darcy wasn't this perfect clairvoyant angel; the fact that she was the one who killed an innocent man and has to pay for it with her life felt very well rounded to me. I also wish we could've seen Ted die.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.