Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, chriswouldman said:

I love the fact you live in this thread rn. Pls stay longer. :heart:

will do! :heart:

I disappeared because I was on vacation, but I kept up with everything Katy did and said, so I didn't miss a single piece of news. also, even if the hate is visible, I don't care. I'm loving this era and everything she is putting out. 

Edited by sam.teas
  • Like 11

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

This sounds like a bop, I'm afraid.

I have no clue why she didn't just pay Dr. Luke to hide/disguise his credits so all of this could have been avoided and garnering a hit wouldn't be impossible for her this era!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

will do! :heart:

I disappeared because I was on vacation, but I kept up with everything Katy did and said, so I didn't miss a single piece of news. also, even if the hate is visible, I don't care. I'm loving this era and everything she is putting out. 

same for me. we just won the idgaf war. :gaycat2:

• Like 1

can't believe her I Feel Love is almost here :jonny5:

• Like 1

Again I haven't even heard a single note, so my bussy will be gaped in 2 hours for the first time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm not sure if Capitol is aiming for a hit or just trying to follow current trends, but let's not forget that famous repetitive songs like "I'm Good" exist. So, I don't mind the lyrics being repetitive.

Spoiler

Some tracks on 143 will have this repetitive element too, but it won't be as "invasive" as in Lifetimes. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thismoment said:

So it only has one verse? Mess 

:clack:

Yeah the refrain could've been used as a bridge but hopefully it's like 3 minutes long 

2 hours ago, Katygato said:

A close-up shot doesn't feel like the best choice for a video that it's 99% going to revolve around her serving looks and having fun.

I also don't think she looks especially good on it lol.

I mean she's still serving face how are they gonna squeeze in all the looks in the thumbnail lol but ok we can agree to disagree 

omg she looks 60 years old on the thumbnail why would they do that to her 

3 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

I'm not sure if Capitol is aiming for a hit or just trying to follow current trends, but let's not forget that famous repetitive songs like "I'm Good" exist. So, I don't mind the lyrics being repetitive.

Hide contents

Some tracks on 143 will have this repetitive element too, but it won't be as "invasive" as in Lifetimes. 

Yeah they have to play it safe and make her as digestible as possible to get the gp back. Again she just needs to drop the cheesey campy factor that makes her come of as childish and a clown to people. You can still be quirky and serve and not be cringey. I'm His, He's Mine is the song that feature Doechii right? Also for when she goes on tour I think it'd be a great business move to have it be Kim Petras it makes the most sense

I think she's looking the best way ever, thumbnail included:sun:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Yeah they have to play it safe and make her as digestible as possible to get the gp back. Again she just needs to drop the cheesey campy factor that makes her come of as childish and a clown to people. You can still be quirky and serve and not be cringey. I'm His, He's Mine is the song that feature Doechii right? Also for when she goes on tour I think it'd be a great business move to have it be Kim Petras it makes the most sense

Being goofy is her style, it's in her veins since ever. It exploded in the most evident way during the Witness era, and we still see it now, even if "modulated". I never minded at it and i've always loved her for being like this. 143 is and will be a hard era to live and to assist to, but hey, i'm not even surprised! Yes, IHHM is the song with Doechii and I think many users sleep on it: despite being "slow" in the "la da dee, la da da" parts, it has cute lyrics. About the tour, I need her to announce it as soon as possible! :foxaylove2:

• Like 3

Listening to the l word song if it's real. Not gonna lie I'm here for a carefree bop. Her voice sounds a bit weird tho. Waiting for the official HQ song. 

31 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

I have no clue why she didn't just pay Dr. Luke to hide/disguise his credits so all of this could have been avoided and garnering a hit wouldn't be impossible for her this era!

He is too proud now. He would never allow it.

• Like 1

1 hour!!!

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The video will be cute, hot and summery. Not campy or goofy.

Say it 3 times in front of the mirror and it'll happen. 
spacer.png

• Haha 4

The way this is the most excited Ive been for a single of her since probably NRO based on the snippet alone

BZLOs4m.gif

• Like 1

I have avoided the extended snippets that I have heard basically leak the whole song, so I don't know too much apart from the main hook. Katy better not disappoint with this single or else I will lose all hype and interest in this era.

Just need a fun bop and not whatever Woman's World was trying to be.

• Like 1

only 35 minutes left sistrens :jonnycat:

Streaming NRO to prepare :wave2:

• Thanks 1

does anyone have that meme where it's a first person POV of Katy suffocating you 

1 hour ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Better to be honest then sneaky. 

Also, Dr. Luke might have required to have his name public, since he might see this as fixing his brand. He doesnt need money. But he needs to fix his image. 

• Like 1

30 minutes!!!! :celestial4::celestial4:

30 mins

BZLOs4m.gifBZLOs4m.gifBZLOs4m.gifBZLOs4m.gif

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.