Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

It sounds like a song YouTubers would use in 2015 for their intros/transition sound. 

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

Its a bop.

17 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

It could be just less engaged fans/inactive on social media. Which could make sense if her demographic is skewing older now. There's no benefit to do that for anyone let alone someone 10 years past their prime. 

Idk if she's ever gotten tons of likes but this one would be organically performing better if it had her body or face in it. That's just how it works. Her post with one of the covers from the 23rd has more likes even though it's not a new announcement because it's full body. 

51 minutes ago, Paultea said:

Idk if she's ever gotten tons of likes but this one would be organically performing better if it had her body or face in it. That's just how it works. Her post with one of the covers from the 23rd has more likes even though it's not a new announcement because it's full body. 

I think that's a good point. Posts in general get more attention with face or body pictures. It's not even a sex appeal thing. That's true for celebrities or politicians.

• Like 1

All her vocal delivery this era sounds so lifeless which is contributing to the AI generated discussion of her songs. It sounds like she was forced at gunpoint to record these songs. :/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

At this rate mama needs to record new MUSIC in Ibiza. Without him.

KP7, I'm seated! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The song sounds fine but what are they gonna do when social media again brings up DL on release week? :michael:

3 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

The song sounds fine but what are they gonna do when social media again brings up DL on release week? :michael:

nothing, as before

11 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Everything was already said a month ago, there's nothing left to say about his involvement anymore. 
The ones still bringing it up or complaining about it are in serious need of finding a hobby. 

• Like 7

The video looks like she's tryna recreate Teenage Dream but in Ibiza with a bunch of gays intead of Santa Barbara. Stereotypical male lead driving her around a town, partying and chilling near the water. I can't tell if its intentional or she's genuinely just run out of ideas and had to throw a cheap video concept together in a few days to rebound from Woman's World. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Do we know if the August 9 release is cuz the MV is not finished?

4 hours ago, Pop_Music_Lover said:

Did the song l-word or you're referring to the snippet? 

I'm talking about the snippet!

• Like 1

It's completely bland room temperature house pop made for fast fashion store playlists, but at least it's not offensive to the ears like Woman's World. If it has a strong bridge and final chorus, it might even upgrade itself to a bop, but we shall see. 

• Like 3

She needs to drop a mv teaser next week

• Like 1

Any idea if the MV is finished? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kos1692 said:

Any idea if the MV is finished? 

I think it is at least in post production/ finishing stages if it is going to be dropped in 9 days according to her tweet

Is this really the best she has? She really needs a smash and this doesn't sound like it

Edited by EnoughSaid
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

I think it is at least in post production/ finishing stages if it is going to be dropped in 9 days according to her tweet

i forgot that she has announced the MV release the same day!

• Like 1

Am I the only one thinking that all these shootings that they're doing in Ibiza/Barcelona aren't for Lifetimes video? I think she's working on several things simultaneously. 

6 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Looking great

5 hours ago, EnoughSaid said:

Is this really the best she has? She really needs a smash and this doesn't sound like it

That's what I'm feeling too, I wish she released the absolute best song from the album as the next single after WW, but i guess this being a harmless inoffensive bop is what she needs right now. 

And let's stop expecting this song is gonna "do" anything because it won't, it won't even have the same radio push as WW and the Spotify playlist reach will probably be even worse than WW. Let's just enjoy it for what it is. :bird:

Edited by Witnessed ET

Is she aware that insisting on collaborating with DL is a f huge problem for her right now? 

I'm honestly asking. 

You think Daisey might make an appearance? Even just a little cameo? 

I'm sure haters will say "CHILD LABOR" :isudumblmao:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.