Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

Just now, Breathe On Moi said:

It's out?

I wish, basically the entire song is out from that gay club of Barcelona though, a bop!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

I think now everyone can accept the rumor  IHHM will be released on August 2nd.:suburban:

1 hour ago, Tistotal said:

I wish, basically the entire song is out from that gay club of Barcelona though, a bop!

lemme do some digging 

they're so stuck in a 2011-like promo style and it's not gonna pay off :rip:

again she has some hype for the song and they'll wait 2-3 weeks for it to die before they release it

at this point i'm sure they won't even release gimme gimme (the only hit potential) and the entire era will rival gag order/aguilera for the biggest bomb of all time :rip: 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Her team is definitely a mess. At this point i dont have expectations of katy doin good commercially again :giraffe: 
i will just be grateful we have new music after such a long time :heart: 

and i hope once this electropop-club era is done she goes for an acoustic-deeper-ethereal-rock route next

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 2

Is she going to wait another 3 weeks to release this like she did with WW?  :skull:

I cannot wait for this single to be released! 

8 hours ago, halcyonday said:

at this point i'm sure they won't even release gimme gimme (the only hit potential)

do people actually enjoy that 21 savage verse? he's literally saying words, it's not even flowing :deadbanana2:

Spoiler

I'm like Amazon 'cause I got what you need :deadbanana4:

• Haha 2

Not August 9th, are they dumb? :biblionny:

This song is totally great. I feel sad that the entire internet is clowning her, even with the Kamala thing. She is so pure and it feels like people are just kicking her when she is already down.

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 2

45 minutes ago, thismoment said:

i guess its because of the music video

1 hour ago, thismoment said:

How do we know??

11 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Her team is definitely a mess. At this point i dont have expectations of katy doin good commercially again :giraffe: 
i will just be grateful we have new music after such a long time :heart: 

and i hope once this electropop-club era is done she goes for an acoustic-deeper-ethereal-rock route next

That's all we can hope for. A Greg Wells-produced acoustic soft rock/poprock album from her is gonna be so good. They always work so well together and he knows how to bring out the best in her artistically. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

This song is totally great. I feel sad that the entire internet is clowning her, even with the Kamala thing. She is so pure and it feels like people are just kicking her when she is already down.

The fact that this post is already disliked by that okh immediately after it was posted :rip: seriously does that person camp out in this thread? That's some crazy obsession over someone you don't like :dies:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

I been following katy since 2008 with HotNCold when i was like 14-15 and she's been highly hated since that, So this huge hate wave is not new to me
I remember stans calling her the basic "fruity girl" and acting like she will be a One Hit Wonder-One Era Wonder back in the 2008
Everyone callin her talentess
So many were rooting for her comeback this time but there was also a big army of haters ready to prey on her
Katy has always been very camp but in the cutesy cartoonish sense and sometimes i feel like thats one of the reasons why she's so hated
So many are just turned off with bubbly happy things. Look the backlash against Lover by Taylor. Solar Power By Lorde
Teenage Dream was also underlooked at first.
So many bitter people today. U cant be happy. The world hates it when youre and youre called corny and annoying. :giraffe:
But we dont give a damn :ryan3:

We as katycats. Lets not allow this hate wave ruin the album. Lets enjoy to the max and have the best memories with these songs :gaycat2: 
More songs for the soundtrack of our lives :gayriahcat2:
is hard but sometimes we have to cancel the noise from outside and just dance in our safe homes :celestial4:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

12 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

That's all we can hope for. A Greg Wells-produced acoustic soft rock/poprock album from her is gonna be so good.

On 7/14/2024 at 2:56 PM, Mattically said:

For nearly a decade, she has expressed a desire to create two albums: a dance record and an acoustic record.

Following the commercial disaster of her album "143," she began working on her next project, "Tortured Pop Star's Conscience Department." This album features raw vocal energy paired with stripped down, country-inspired music, fitting her characteristic late-to-the-party approach to music trends. In it, she reflects on the years in the music industry that shattered her confidence and acknowledges her past mistakes, presenting the album as her redemption arc.

:suburban:

2 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

I been following katy since 2008 with HotNCold when i was like 14-15 and she's been highly hated since that, So this huge hate wave is not new to me
I remember stans calling her the basic "fruity girl" and acting like she will be a One Hit Wonder-One Era Wonder back in the 2008
Everyone callin her talentess
So many were rooting for her comeback this time but there was also a big army of haters ready to prey on her
Katy has always been very camp but in the cutesy cartoonish sense and sometimes i feel like thats one of the reasons why she's so hated
So many are just turned off with bubbly happy things. Look the backlash against Lover by Taylor. Solar Power By Lorde
Teenage Dream was also underlooked at first.
So many bitter people today. U cant be happy. The world hates it when youre and youre called corny and annoying. :giraffe:
But we dont give a damn :ryan3:

We as katycats. Lets not allow this hate wave ruin the album. Lets enjoy to the max and have the best memories with these songs :gaycat2: 
More songs for the soundtrack of our lives :gayriahcat2:
is hard but sometimes we have to cancel the noise from outside and just dance in our safe homes :celestial4:

Can I get an AMEN! :clap3:

i actually want her to pull a Blackout era next year when she's shading haters, media and critics 

moo.png

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, psychodiva336 said:

Can I get an AMEN! :clap3:

Thank u sis
This negativity can be too much so much sometimes and theyre so fake cause all the popgirls have so many problematic things
Gaga,Taylor,Rihanna,Beyonce,Ariana,Kesha,Miley,Mariah........I could name every single one. I could write a whole book of their shitty antics. 
And some of them are working-worked-are friends with rapists-abusive people......So theyre not better.
But where's the cancellation for them? nowhere to be found???
So many double faced people today. :biblionny:

This is honestly a big witch hunt. People just want to destroy her and ruin her :gaycat2: but we manifest something different. Universe listen to us.:nicole2:
This was souring the era and my enjoyment but I realize how i shouldnt give a *****:gaycat2: this era is 10/10. im havin so much fun. :celestial4:
With woman world too :gayalipacat2:

Katy albums are rare. She takes too much time to release them. So, lets appreciate this upcoming record! is not something we get everyday!!!

lets forget about the haters and their vitriol and sad lives :gaycat2:

Sorry if im annoying with this type of comments always here but just a reminder of not allowing negativity to damage this era for yll.
Cause it usually happens when albums get big backlash-are burned. The eras are ruined and people enjoyment of them.
Then years later we appreciate them and we feel bad of how we treated them like it happened with our beautiful witness-smile-bionic and more :gaycat6:
Dont obey the peer pressure.  :gayorkcat2:

This era will not be ruined by the uglies.  Even if the album underperform. Music not the bling 

I0lTVbg.gif  Hnv07OS.png

we are in our peak. Dancing and vibing

know you feel it, can you believe it? I'm gonna love you 'til the end and then repeat it.

8erkUgO.gifZUroYVh.gifvvTf9OM.gifE7PbJJd.gif

xiJJvsA.gifeC6ZHV7.gif9tElZsL.gif

eras-tour-bad-dancing.gifJQtchVn.gifRc5r074.gif

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Release this bop already, at this point it will be burned when it comes out

This and Nirvana are bops... that doechii song should be sent to urban radio. 

4 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

The fact that this post is already disliked by that okh immediately after it was posted :rip: seriously does that person camp out in this thread? That's some crazy obsession over someone you don't like :dies:

You should see their twitter....literally no life outside of hating on behalf of Kesha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

You should see their twitter....literally no life outside of hating on behalf of Kesha

Like from the moment this era started, those 4 remaining Kesha Stan's' usernames are already etched in my mind from the countless Katy threads they've camped in :deadbanana2:

I don't mean to shame people but routinely checking and reacting to posts in threads about a popstar you despise is just….peak jobless loser behavior. There's just no other explanation for it lmao :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Anyway, do we think this is coming this Friday? She should hurry the **** up tbh. WW was DOA the moment she released that first snippet, can't believe the social media hype made her and others think otherwise :dies:

Lifetimes is the best option for now. It's super basic and generic but it's harmless and a joyful good vibe :heart2:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Anyway, do we think this is coming this Friday?

i'm afraid this friday was yesterday :'(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.