Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

She's teasing Lifetimes too much and using the snippet everywhere now, it CAN'T be true

spacer.png

• Like 2

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

Katheryn, pls let this be good :suburban:

30 minutes ago, Sawk said:

Katheryn, pls let this be good :suburban:

Honestly it seems everything on this album will be better than WW, but I'll still keep my expectations low.…especially because this album seems like it's the most writing camp'd and soulless dance music she has ever made.

:suburban:
Even Smile, being as basic and generic as it was, had moments of dynamic personality and genuineness. 143 so far seems like a bunch of Kim Petras demos and other basic on-paper dance music with chatgpt'd lyrics, and it seems like "looking hot" is her whole personality this era. But I'll still remain hopeful that  there's more to it and wait patiently until September 20 to come to any conclusions. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Honestly it seems everything on this album will be better than WW, but I'll still keep my expectations low.…especially because this album seems like it's the most writing camp'd and soulless dance music she has ever made.

Even Smile, being as basic and generic as it was, had moments of dynamic personality and genuineness. 143 so far seems like a bunch of Kim Petras demos and other basic on-paper dance music with chatgpt'd lyrics, and it seems like "looking hot" is her whole personality this era. But I'll still remain hopeful that  there's more to it and wait patiently until September 20 to come to any conclusions. 

I'll take anything over an album with Resilient/What Makes A Woman.

moo.png

• Haha 8

shoesdaytuesday is back and the cats are having meltdowns for no reasons again:clack:just enjoy the music and care less about the things which do not happen yet

also IHHM definitely has more hit potential than Lifetimes in US (if it has cute playlists but I guess she wont get any playlists push from Capitol this era just like Smile)

the last few pages are terrifying

is she really not going with this? :rip: 

maybe the song is too obvious that it relates to the title of the album and will be released as promo with it. mess

We need to the insiders confirm or deny this as the second single!

13 minutes ago, kos1692 said:

We need to the insiders confirm or deny this as the second single!

Nobody knows yet

I am praying that Lifetimes is the next single and that IHHM video is out with album release

You guys are so chronically negative that it's ridiculous. Just enjoy the music or don't. After all, Katy is the artist who is singing it and it's her era. Let her release what she wants and campaign it however. When she flops, you can blame her all you want but don't act like releasing a different single or doing xyz specific thing will save the album/her career. Things are how they are. If anything, 143's release week will be the one to watch because maybe an album track/previously released song will go viral.

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

the last few pages are terrifying

is she really not going with this? :rip: 

maybe the song is too obvious that it relates to the title of the album and will be released as promo with it. mess

At this point she should release a song no one has heard yet as the promo single. That song needs to be GOOD ofcourse. But I'll take Gorgeous as the promo single too.  Those harmonies were godly. 

Edited by Witnessed ET
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Writing camp'd soulless dance music is what she's kinda serving so i totally get you

Is she really pushing that IHHM flop ass song as single instead of this? Whoever is in charge of picking of the singles this era needs to drop the addy, you will be catching these hands

spacer.png

That horrible sample will only bring more negativity around the album because it sounds a mess. Better to hide it in the album and maybe nobody will notice it even exists

She just used the Lifetimes snippet in another social post again so Cathy what is this the truth?

spacer.png

Are there any other songs that sound like this? From a different artist.

3 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

just turn on a UK radio station or watch Love Island

• Haha 7

I'm literally daydreaming about entering this thread and seeing a post say ''Out Friday'' :monkey:

it's sad how generic she has to go to get a hit 

3 hours ago, Sexyzinger said:

She just used the Lifetimes snippet in another social post again so Cathy what is this the truth?

spacer.png

Let me break out that old Katy Hudson CD and start looking for divine intervention.

8-9-9-3-8-3-3,

Come on and listen to me

Take my call, collect my change

Cause Lord I'm calling on Your Name

Indeed Kathryn

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Goofy said:

just turn on a UK radio station or watch Love Island

That's not an answer 

The day she stopped being a label puppet is the time everything went down

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Imma need someone at Capitol to intervene 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

1 hour ago, Goofy said:

I'm literally daydreaming about entering this thread and seeing a post say ''Out Friday'' :monkey:

we all know it will say "Out Thursday at sunrise".

you guys are dumb as f*******ck lol just because she shot the video for another song doesn't mean lifetimes won't be the next release. katy shot harleys in hawaii before small talk release, at that time everyone thoguht she would release HIH after never really over. just chill, god

She needs a hit so bad. The album is due in 2 months already.

Katy luckily isnt one to give up. Even in the early stages of her career. Dropped by Def Jam, dropped by Columbia, three shelved debut albums and still managed to release one of the biggest pop albums in history. 

I truly hope that she can at least get a Never Really Over sized hit on this album. If it doesn't happen… hallas. I do hope she will be able to sell out her tour at last. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bewitched said:

someone posted this in the album thread

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.