Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, psychodiva336 said:

I was listening to my Smile vinyl today and couldn't help but get up and start dancing and singing when "Smile" started playing... This song is literally top 3 in Katy's career, it's a fun uplifting catchy bop with a great melody and production. Plus I love the performance video and it's one of my favorites in Katy's videography... And I'm serious :gaycat6:

What the hell is up with all the hate on this song?! Can't yall have fun?

Hmmm must be the Diddy feat.

spacer.png

Spoiler

Jkjk sis :gaycat1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

27 minutes ago, psychodiva336 said:

I was listening to my Smile vinyl today and couldn't help but get up and start dancing and singing when "Smile" started playing... This song is literally top 3 in Katy's career, it's a fun uplifting catchy bop with a great melody and production. Plus I love the performance video and it's one of my favorites in Katy's videography... And I'm serious :gaycat6:

What the hell is up with all the hate on this song?! Can't yall have fun?

i love smile too, it's better than most of the album tbh

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, FabForAThrowback said:

Exactly. I think it makes sense. Otherwise it'd be truly strange, I mean atp she knows exactly what are the most acclaimed songs to be singles... and it's not IHHM's case. 

What else would be the point of her sharing snippets? She was probably sharing them to gauge reactions/interest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaxMartin said:

I don't know how some of y'all are surprised at these choices , it's the same woman who butchered the prism era hating dark horse, insisting on shoving unconditionally down everyone's throats, chose to release that video for birthday, chose smile as a single .. and I could continue..

I'm not surprised and I know it well. It's just that this moment is a complete different situation from Smile and even more Prism. After all what happened with WW I think she's probably more inclined to choose/release what public seems to enjoy more. I may be wrong, but we'll see. 

Edited by FabForAThrowback
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, thismoment said:

It's so loud, everytime it comes on i get a headache 

:clack:

I don't get the hate either. It's a good song with a good message. I think the hate might come from people wanting CAIL and the fact the Smile's music video is meh. I know she was pregnant + pandemic but she has reputation with music videos she needs to live up to. 

Small Talk tho... I will hate on that all day and night. It's cute a song, but putting that as single when so many other good options existed???? :psyduck:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

I don't get the hate either. It's a good song with a good message. I think the hate might come from people wanting CAIL and the fact the Smile's music video is meh. I know she was pregnant + pandemic but she has reputation with music videos she needs to live up to. 

The music video is definitely an... acquired taste BUT I'll die on the hill that the look she served in the first seconds of that music video is one of her best ever :WAP:

god is she on cr*ck. i refuse to believe she's that d*mb not releasing lifetimes as the next single (or at least promo single). 

:deadbanana4:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

Small Talk tho... I will hate on that all day and night

I don't even have the og Small Talk saved:dies: but I do love this remix of it, you should try too! the verses are the best part of it

Edited by alexaalto
  • Like 1

this era is a headache

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

• Haha 1

If she REALLY picked IHHM, she somehow picked a worse single than WW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, applestar said:

that's … definitely an opinion lol. I don't think it's THAT bad. lifetimes or gimme gimme is just so much better imo. but at the same time we didn't hear the whole song and the sample is very catchy so maybe she does know better. I just hope she's gonna announce lifetimes as the next (promo) single cause we have to move on from WW. 

Just now, chriswouldman said:

that's … definitely an opinion lol. I don't think it's THAT bad. lifetimes or gimme gimme is just so much better imo. but at the same time we didn't hear the whole song and the sample is very catchy so maybe she does know better. I just hope she's gonna announce lifetimes as the next (promo) single cause we have to move on from WW. 

Gurl if she picked IHHM over Lifetimes she should be 5150d and be put in a conservatorship immediately :lakitu:

• Haha 2

She past Beyonce in monthly listeners on Spotify. :clap3:She is now #30 worldwide of monthly listeners with her flop single. Wait until she releases this smash. :clap3:

She's about 2 million from #29 (Miley).

• Like 5

not sure what a promo single is anymore these days, as anything released can be called a single.  If it doesn't do anything, it's a flop.  If it does well, it's the next single.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spree said:

not sure what a promo single is anymore these days, as anything released can be called a single.  If it doesn't do anything, it's a flop.  If it does well, it's the next single.

In that case, she hasn't had a single since 2017.

:clack:

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, mike_int said:

Sorry but ... really?

Are we gonna get another cringe video? Didnt they learn?

87663213-0-image-m-9_1721735289922.jpg

You can tell this was shoot in Barcelona lol

9 hours ago, xtino said:

Yes that video is not for "Lifetimes" 

"I'm His, He's Mine" it's been peaked as a single , that's the video she's shooting in Spain this week 

"Lifetimes" TBA since it's the more popular one from the teasers 

of course she will release worst song after woman's shlt 

she deserves flop so bad, like her team doesn't tell her anything? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, applestar said:

for real :hoetenks:

6 hours ago, FabForAThrowback said:

She knows it too well, like Legendary lovers/Roulette story, for which she mocks us:spin:

UGH I truly am so p*ssed both those songs were not pushed as singles

• Like 2

I like IH,HM…

HIH got a video and was never released. She did a number of short videos for the Smile tracks too. This is not concrete information.

Another flop in the bag.

katy perry deodorant GIF

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I mean… maybe she's just filming one of those looped Spotify videos that plays in the background :dancehall:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, MaxMartin said:

I don't know how some of y'all are surprised at these choices , it's the same woman who butchered the prism era hating dark horse, insisting on shoving unconditionally down everyone's throats, chose to release that video for birthday, chose smile as a single .. and I could continue..

Speak on it, Max Martin.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

When this isnt the next single....

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

What are they even waiting for? Woman's drop is never going to happen, time to move on to the next single asap. 
An apology for releasing WW would also be appreciated 

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.