Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

It is arbitrary language because the nature of the cases filed were not criminal cases but civil suits. 

Any defense of Dr. Luke that starts with "well he has never been convicted of a crime" is dishonest because his victim was blocked from filing a criminal case due to the statue of limitations running out on the crime in question, in part due to documented threats of retaliation against Kesha for telling anyone the story about what happened that night.

Debating the nuance of legal language is one thing. @'ing someone like another user did and angrily yelling at them for downvoting a post that essentially calls Kesha a liar is something totally different and has no merit being engaged with. :rip: No one is - or should - downvote people just expressing liking the song. But it's not a defense of "I just want to enjoy Katy's music!!" to suggest no one's allowed to downvote posts that include things as egregious like false claims such as "Dr. Luke was proven innocent in court".

No it's not honey. Go ask any lawyer. Go take a class or something. :rip:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence#:~:text=The presumption of innocence is,a judge or a jury).

Edit: I agree with you, it was a civil case. Like I said before, "guilty" is not something that occurs in civil cases. Even in civil cases, the plaintiff has the burden of proof. 

Edited by Ramcoro
  • Like 3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

when is this generic excellence coming

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:

literally see you downvoting every post

Hmmm I wonder why I downvoted these posts. Let's re-read them.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, NothingIsReal said:

pretty sure there's a thread to speak about that matter appropriately 

instead of presenting it in a "gotcha" moment fashion that is spammed on every thread 

It's very transparent in the replies, turning a very serious matter into a "drag".

You're turning people off to a woman's valid story by the way you're all presenting it,

and doing Kesha a disservice. 

5 hours ago, TOKYO. said:

Doesnt matter bcuz its about the fact that its produced and written by her abuser. She only likes to mk it when it does gain her something..

6 hours ago, TOKYO. said:

Its the hypocrisy, when kesha is recently promoting Blow. A luke track.. kesha still wants to gain profit from her luke songs.. doesnt that say something. Also the fights between fanbases regarding woman need to STOP

13 hours ago, AcidPrince said:

So, if people bullied you cause you are gay. And you are bullying someone else, its ok then? I dont get it.

Katy, a WOMAN, gets bullied online by gays who are bullied all the time in real life (something thats NOT OK). 
in life, we need to try to be a good person. I didnt see this type of bullying against Nicki Minaj or Doja Cat. This is gross.

11 hours ago, halcyonday said:

And then the Gaga Kesha convo got public in 2018 and she knew that Kesha was spreading lies behind her back. :bird: 

11 hours ago, halcyonday said:

That's no "desperate" defending. Just pointing out facts that Kesha and Gaga were saying about Katy something that wasn't true, and also were calling her mean. God knows who else heard from them these lies. The difference is that Gaga came through and showed her love for Katy, unlike Kesha. Katy called Kesha her friend 7 years ago. It's clear she doesn't feel this way anymore. 

11 hours ago, Jarr1507 said:

I'm sorry but Dr. Luke was never found guilty. So I don't understand why you keep calling him a r*pist. And Katy doesn't owe Kesha anything. Also let's be clear that Kesha is using all this to her advantage, because if it weren't for Katy, Joyshit didn't even have 300k daily streams.

10 hours ago, Jarr1507 said:

"A woman's rape story" But at the same time she INVENTED that another woman had been raped by the same guy just to be able to win a case is not very morally accepted either. As Kesha herself said it, only God knows what happened that night. Katy has nothing to do with any of this and she is free to work with whoever she wants or should.

6 hours ago, Nashe said:

Also there no legal grounds to call Luke an abuser when they settled the case

and you can whine about it how much you want. Katy is working with an innocent man 

This Ish't the avenue to express if you think someone is unfairly downvoting posts, let alone @'ing another user over it. :rip:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

24 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

Depending on who you mean by "they." I might agree with you. Lol 

I think we, ATLR community in general, are confusing criminal cases with civil cases. 

They settled a civil case. There was never a criminal case, because of statute of limitations, IIRC. Terms like "innocent" or "guilty" are for criminal cases. Civil cases do not determine guilt or innocence. They determine whether someone is responsible for damages. Regardless, it's not up to the respondent (Dr. Luke) to prove his no responsible. The burden of proof in a civil case is on the plaintiff (Kesha), similar to how the prosecution in a criminal case has to prove. The defendant/plaintiff does not have to prove their innocence. This is a GOOD thing because that could be impossible to prove your innocence when you are falsely accused or there is a misunderstanding (I am NOT saying that's what happened here, but we all know there are plenty of examples of that happening in the US criminal justice system). 

Let's forget Dr. Luke counter-sued for defamation, so in that case, Dr. Luke was the plaintiff who had the burden of proof and Kesha was the respondent. It's a good thing Kesha did not have to prove her innocence of defamation. Dr. Luke had to prove that and I believe a judge decided in Dr. Lukes's favor, IIRC. I am not sure of the details of the settlement, out-of-court settlements are not part of public record. Honestly, I'm guessing both signed a NDA or some agreement to not talk about considering Kesha has not spoken about it publicly, but I might be wrong.  

Anyways, back to the presumption of innocence, Dr. Luke is innocent until proven guilty. It may be a technicality due to the statute of limitations, and whether you like it or not or whether he did it or not, he is innocent until proven guilty. I hate sounding like his lawyer. I don't like the guy, I just like the music of one person who works with the guy. I say this as someone who graduated with poli sci and was pre-law, presumption of innocence is a good thing and is the cornerstone of a fair justice system.                

I get the stand of cuz "the law bla bla bla" and whatever, that doesnt remove the fact he spend a decade bleeding Kesha money & harrass her through court after the allegations + lots of artists has been spoken of how horrid human being he is like Pink, Bebe Rexha, Bonnie lmao

We dont care how much yall try to white washing him cuz they settled

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

The preview seems catchy.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

I get the stand of cuz "the law bla bla bla" and whatever, that doesnt remove the fact he spend a decade bleeding Kesha money & harrass her through court after the allegations + lots of artists has been spoken of how horrid human being he is like Pink, Bebe Rexha, Bonnie lmao

We dont care how much yall try to white washing him cuz they settled

FWIW, based on other artists like you mentioned, I don't think he is a good person. I also believe Katy can have a professional, working relationship with someone who is a bad person. I know have to work with shitty people and down right immoral people. I'm sure we all do and many our favs work with bad people in Hollywood.

Edited by Ramcoro
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Mirrorcle said:

Kats, why are you even feeding those roaches? they are gonna hate her no matter what and spewing hate rather than using those energy that's actually useful for the community.

You are just giving those insects what they want. Just scroll through and swish swish bish.

Im claiming this energy to lead a positive life.

I know it's my worst knee jerks. Ugh. :jonnycat:

10 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

I know it's my worst knee jerks. Ugh. :jonnycat:

Its ok sis, we will get through this together and we should celebrate our mother giving us another amazing record. After this we have to wait for another 3-4 years to start a new era again. Dont let the roaches ruin our moment.

katy perry firework by Katy Perry GIF Party

Edited by Mirrorcle
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tistotal said:

This thread has 27 pages and nobody is discussing the song but the same 4 weeks old news.

basic and generic, but sounds better than woman's world, we kind of won

Yeah it's so weird. @ATRL Moderation Team we need you to do something about these off topic users who have set up residency in this thread. Thanks!

• Like 14

32 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

when is this generic excellence coming

like we're ready to bop wtf 

I already commented, but I want to bring some positive energy back to the front of the line.

SOOooooo anyway, I was listening to the layering of her vocals and I thought to myself, hold on a minute, and didn't they use Jade's vocal layering like this on the song Black Magic? 

(I mean not just her vocals, but the vocal layering style)

I really think this is a strong start and i'm excited for more. 

Should have been the lead or Nirvana. WW was just a mess of a choice. I'm disappointed because I was hoping for another California Gurls moment.

Edited by Generation Braindead

oop! 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

it has to be false since he produced more than half of Conan Gray's last album so why wouldn't Taylor be able to afford him?

he probably gives huge discount to young gay artists in favour of something in return. s:wan:

I want a really cute uplifting vid for this song :gaycat2: :celestial4:a great party 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TOKYO. said:

Its the hypocrisy, when kesha is recently promoting Blow. A luke track.. kesha still wants to gain profit from her luke songs.. doesnt that say something.

Oh this is so dumb.

To keep it on topic

i don't get why she had to go to luke for any of this genericness when anyone could have provided it 

• Like 2

It would be cool if she does a bracket of survey. Like have Gimme vs He's Mine, I'm His 

And Nirvana vs Lifetimes and the winner of each faces of each other. :duca:

5 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

It would be cool if she does a bracket of survey. Like have Gimme vs He's Mine, I'm His 

And Nirvana vs Lifetimes and the winner of each faces of each other. :duca:

Yeah it's a good idea tbh.

or just release all of the official snippets on social media and YouTube, and see which one people resonate with the most. Maybe release them as official sounds on tiktok and see what's the usage of each. 

We literally waited month for WW and now we are waiting AGAIN for another song. Ugh I hate her sometimes

14 hours ago, VeniceBeach said:

It was the comeback hype created by her label, bots on Twitter, playlisting + people were interested to hear what she created with her favorite rapist producer. Kesha had neither of these things. Want to tell us why this colossal bomb left the Spotify charts after day 1? :coffee2:

So the bots on twitter listened to the song on Spotify? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.