Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

if it takes a a month again for it to come out :skull:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

19 minutes ago, Jarr1507 said:

"A woman's rape story" But at the same time she INVENTED that another woman had been raped by the same guy just to be able to win a case is not very morally accepted either. As Kesha herself said it, only God knows what happened that night. Katy has nothing to do with any of this and she is free to work with whoever she wants or should.

It's so sad people like you think this way.. I can tell you from my own story, what happened to me when I was 19, I'm so ashamed of myself I couldn't even tell anyone because of people like you. The problem of victims speaking at any point is that people like you don't believe us, you're comfortable denying the story behind it and picking sides when truly there's no such thing as who is right or wrong! You have no idea what a victim has to go through and the fact that some are brave enough to share their stories is something to applaud and support. But then there you are, just being ignorant! 

• Like 11
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Generic, but better than WW!

7 hours ago, terrorblade said:

what in the europop trash. where's max martin when u need him

he is too expensive.. even taylor couldn't afford him for the 1989 and reputa tv (or so I read)

16 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

It's so sad people like you think this way.. I can tell you from my own story, what happened to me when I was 19, I'm so ashamed of myself I couldn't even tell anyone because of people like you. The problem of victims speaking at any point is that people like you don't believe us, you're comfortable denying the story behind it and picking sides when truly there's no such thing as who is right or wrong! You have no idea what a victim has to go through and the fact that some are brave enough to share their stories is something to applaud and support. But then there you are, just being ignorant! 

Ok I understand what you mean, but my point is, what does Katy have to do with all this? This is something between Kesha and Dr. Luke, Katy has nothing to do with this. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Now this sounds like a BOP

• Like 4

I thought everyone posting off topic things gonna get banned? Where are the admins? 

• Thanks 13
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, chriswouldman said:

I thought everyone posting off topic things gonna get banned? Where are the admins? 

enjoying the draggings as usual

-

the snippet is fine imo, if the lyrics are good and the length/structure works i see myself enjoying it, but if it's empty like WW then no

1 hour ago, VeniceBeach said:

Katy can't even afford 300k streams on her own for her comeback lead single, be serious. This one's going to do even worse :laugh:

She did 2.8M first day though, or are you living in a different dimension? 

Gross, generic, ugly.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 5

Any idea when it's coming?

28 minutes ago, shimind said:

he is too expensive.. even taylor couldn't afford him for the 1989 and reputa tv (or so I read)

it has to be false since he produced more than half of Conan Gray's last album so why wouldn't Taylor be able to afford him?

2 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

She did 2.8M first day though, or are you living in a different dimension? 

It was the comeback hype created by her label, bots on Twitter, playlisting + people were interested to hear what she created with her favorite rapist producer. Kesha had neither of these things. Want to tell us why this colossal bomb left the Spotify charts after day 1? :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

18 minutes ago, kos1692 said:

Any idea when it's coming?

hopefully ASAP :skull:

2 hours ago, longjohn9898 said:

It's like she's making music 10 yrs later after the sound is trendy. Never a trendsetter, always a trend follower Miss Katherine :gaycat3: 

Make up your mind. Is she a "trend follower" or "late to the trend"? What is it? 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

It was the comeback hype created by her label, bots on Twitter, playlisting + people were interested to hear what she created with her favorite rapist producer. Kesha had neither of these things. Want to tell us why this colossal bomb left the Spotify charts after day 1? :coffee2:

The changing of tune lol. Your original statement was how "Katy can't do 300k streams with her lead single period" and I replied with how she did 2.8M. At least own up to your own statement without resorting to writing a paragraph of excuses. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

I actually like this

• Like 4

This sounds really good tbh but I don't think there's anything she could release that would genuinely smash.

1 hour ago, Jarr1507 said:

Ok I understand what you mean, but my point is, what does Katy have to do with all this? This is something between Kesha and Dr. Luke, Katy has nothing to do with this. 

I didn't say she did (at least not directly), but she claimed to be her friend.. as far as I know they were friends?! And in general, you don't go against your peers by working with an alleged abuser/rapist while singing "it's a woman's world and you're lucky to be living in it". It's the hypocrisy and the ignorance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Nashe said:

Can yall stop with these off-topic essays already? If you don't like that she worked with Dr. Luke on this album, say it once and move on, there's tons of other music you can listen to and for you to discuss. This isn't the ''Kesha vs Dr. Luke'' thread. Geez

No, no one should stop speaking about it or allow any of them win 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

The changing of tune lol. Your original statement was how "Katy can't do 300k streams with her lead single period" and I replied with how she did 2.8M. At least own up to your own statement without resorting to writing a paragraph of excuses. 

She did 2.2m first of all. Second of all, isn't that around the same as camila cabello's i luv it if not worse? Third of all, it's a joke the katy perry standards are so low you think 2.2m debut is massive (considering the hype on social media and promo). The fact that joyride is doing better (showing stability and increasing) only proves katy's era is the definition of disaster. 

And this will be the same situation for Lifetimes if not worse because she killed all the hype

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, chriswouldman said:

Talking about Dr. Luke in a 2024 Katy Perry thread is sadly very on topic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I said 300k streams on her own, she did 2.2M streams on the first day because of the label tactics I've listed, now that it's gone no one streams this atrocity anymore :laugh: Lifetime Flop will have the same fate
:sistrens:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I really like the vocal takes from 0:19-0:30:heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.