Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

1 hour ago, AcidPrince said:

So, if people bullied you cause you are gay. And you are bullying someone else, its ok then? I dont get it.

Katy, a WOMAN, gets bullied online by gays who are bullied all the time in real life (something thats NOT OK). 
in life, we need to try to be a good person. I didnt see this type of bullying against Nicki Minaj or Doja Cat. This is gross.

you know damn well that's not true :ahh:

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

6 hours ago, Leppie said:

I was thinking this, I wonder if anything happened between them and why they haven't worked together since Prism

I think there might be a few things:

first, over the last 10 years Bonnie has talked all about how Teenage Dream (the song) is a very important brainchild of her, and like how it's always bothered the mats I think it's bothered Katy.

Second, I recall people saying that when Katy sold her catalog it meant that the songwriters who helped write her songs were no longer entitled to royalties. 

Lastly, like @Illuminati mentioned, I think there is a clear difference of opinion on the kind of man Dr Luke is and I don't think Bonnie wants to work with the likes of him again even if they never were to enter the same room during the process.

Edited by ThehushSound
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, AcidPrince said:

So, if people bullied you cause you are gay. And you are bullying someone else, its ok then? I dont get it.

Katy, a WOMAN, gets bullied online by gays who are bullied all the time in real life (something thats NOT OK). 
in life, we need to try to be a good person. I didnt see this type of bullying against Nicki Minaj or Doja Cat. This is gross.

Not going to clock the craziness of comparing being bullied for your sexuality to being called out for working with a predator but Nicki and Doja are two different situations.

Nicki is married to a rapist. Nobody is expecting any type of morality from her, and she gets dragged about it on the daily so I don't know who told you that Nicki doesn't get it. I mean, Megan Thee Stallion got a hit single from calling her out on it earlier this year.

Doja signed to Luke before the Kesha allegations were public, and didn't even work with him on her last album. She has also made comments that pretty heavily imply that she was contractually obliged to work with Luke on Planet Her. 

Katy in 2016-2017 made it seem like she stood with Kesha. When rumours about 'Rise' being produced by Dr. Luke came out (her first single since his allegations hit the mainstream), she was quick to debunk. 

When Kesha appeared during the I Kissed a Girl music video on Witness Worldwide she started talking about how much she loves Kesha. 

After all of this, it's understandable why people are side eyeing and criticising her for working with Luke. She deserves anything that's coming to her, she's not a victim. Despite her flopping for the last 7 years, she is still one of the biggest pop stars in the world and very likely has the ability to work with WHOEVER she wants. Yet, she chose the alleged rapist of someone she supposedly "loves so much".

It was her own doing, quite literally self inflicted.  

• Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Spark said:

Not going to clock the craziness of comparing being bullied for your sexuality to being called out for working with a predator but Nicki and Doja are two different situations.

Nicki is married to a rapist. Nobody is expecting any type of morality from her, and she gets dragged about it on the daily so I don't know who told you that Nicki doesn't get it. I mean, Megan Thee Stallion got a hit single from calling her out on it earlier this year.

Doja signed to Luke before the Kesha allegations were public, and didn't even work with him on her last album. She has also made comments that pretty heavily imply that she was contractually obliged to work with Luke on Planet Her. 

Katy in 2016-2017 made it seem like she stood with Kesha. When rumours about 'Rise' being produced by Dr. Luke came out (her first single since his allegations hit the mainstream), she was quick to debunk. 

When Kesha appeared during the I Kissed a Girl music video on Witness Worldwide she started talking about how much she loves Kesha. 

After all of this, it's understandable why people are side eyeing and criticising her for working with Luke. She deserves anything that's coming to her, she's not a victim. Despite her flopping for the last 7 years, she is still one of the biggest pop stars in the world and very likely has the ability to work with WHOEVER she wants. Yet, she chose the alleged rapist of someone she supposedly "loves so much".

It was her own doing, quite literally self inflicted.  

And then the Gaga Kesha convo got public in 2018 and she knew that Kesha was spreading lies behind her back. :bird: Katy clearly doesn't like Kesha anymore for this and believes in Luke's version of the story. Period. You flooding this thread with these essays won't change anything. No one is forcing you to like it or stream it. It's that simple. The 5 remaining Kats will blast Lifetimes as loud as possible. :bird: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 16
  • Thumbs Down 12

50 minutes ago, FireFade said:

you know damn well that's not true :ahh:

She was dragged for many other things, not for working with Dr. Luke in her #1 song Super Freaky Girl, at least not that much.

12 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

And then the Gaga Kesha convo got public in 2018 and she knew that Kesha was spreading lies behind her back. :bird: Katy clearly doesn't like Kesha anymore for this and believes in Luke's version of the story. Period. You flooding this thread with these essays won't change anything. No one is forcing you to like it or stream it. It's that simple. The 5 remaining Kats will blast Lifetimes as loud as possible. :bird: 

Don't be dense. I don't even hate Katy, but I do think working with Dr. Luke is immoral and people aren't wrong for thinking that. She deserves criticism for that. Even if it's not a morality thing, it's just stupid from a PR perspective for her. I can't believe they let her do this. 

Kesha wasn't maliciously spreading lies about Katy as Katy Cats desperate to defend Katy like to paint it out to be. She was told by someone about Katy and Luke and vented to a close friend her frustrations. They were private messages. 

Katy can be upset with Kesha on a personal level, while also not invalidating her story and working with her alleged abuser. She is old and mature enough to do that. 

Also, this is my first post in this thread so I don't know what you're talking about with the whole "you flooding this thread with essays" thing. :rip:

Edited by Spark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

It sounds like the music they play on Love Island/Joel Corry/every UK DJ in the last 10 years. Hopefully that means Capital will play it…

Bonnie McKee is not necessary for the team. the only half-listenable song on Hot City besides AG is... hot city. Listen to Jennys got a boyfriend. Youre on crack if you think that's better than ww

The issue is Katy having Tucked/HIH on her albums and then throwing those away for NRO/DAISIES? If I were a record executive I would have took the smile cd and broke it in half in front of daisy herself

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

8 minutes ago, Spark said:

Don't be dense. I don't even hate Katy, but I do think working with Dr. Luke is immoral and people aren't wrong for thinking that. She deserves criticism for that. Even if it's not a morality thing, it's just stupid from a PR perspective for her. I can't believe they let her do this. 

Kesha wasn't maliciously spreading lies about Katy as Katy Cats desperate to defend Katy like to paint it out to be. She was told by someone about Katy and Luke and vented to a close friend her frustrations. They were private messages. 

Katy can be upset with Kesha on a personal level, while also not invalidating her story and working with her alleged abuser. She is old and mature enough to do that. 

Okay, we already talked about a 100 times in 100 topics. I dragged her ass for working with him myself. Never said she didn't deserve criticism for it. I don't like it myself.

That's no "desperate" defending. Just pointing out facts that Kesha and Gaga were saying about Katy something that wasn't true, and also were calling her mean. God knows who else heard from them these lies. The difference is that Gaga came through and showed her love for Katy, unlike Kesha. Katy called Kesha her friend 7 years ago. It's clear she doesn't feel this way anymore. 

I like all three ladies, and will support Lifetimes and 143 as much as I can. :bird: 

Edited by halcyonday
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

People saying this sounds like FN havent listened to more than three albums in their lives me fears :skull:

• Like 9

Just now, halcyonday said:

Okay, we already talked about it 100 times in 100 topics. I dragged her ass for working with him myself. Never said she didn't deserve criticism for it. I don't like it myself.

That's no "desperate" defending. Just pointing out facts that Kesha and Gaga were saying about Katy something that wasn't true, and also were calling her mean. God knows who else heard from them these lies. The difference is that Gaga came through and showed her love for Katy, unlike Kesha. Katy called Kesha her friend 7 years ago. It's clear she doesn't feel this way anymore. 

I like all three ladies, and will support Lifetimes and 143 as much as I can. :bird: 

And that's your right to do so!

I'm not saying you can't support it, but I just think it's dumb when people trying to point the finger at Doja/Nicki etc to deflect any blame on Katy's end. 

I'm a Gaga fan, and there's people on her team I wish she didn't work with as well. I think the issue is when people just want to silence the conversation (not saying you're doing that, but I've saw some other Cats on here and especially Twitter do that).

5 minutes ago, applestar said:

Youre on crack if you think that's better than ww

Guess I'm a cra*khead then

It's like she's making music 10 yrs later after the sound is trendy. Never a trendsetter, always a trend follower Miss Katherine :gaycat3: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

I'm sorry but I don't think the Kesha and Gaga conversation would warrant her believing Kesha was "spreading lies behind her back". Kesha was told by a label executive that Katy had her own history with Luke. I can't remember off the top of my head the persons name, but that rumour never came out of Kesha's mouth. I understand that situation for Katy must have been awkward, but Kesha being concerned for Katy due to a rumour she's heard isn't malicious and if she thought it might have helped her case against Luke but didn't know how to reach out to her I think that puts major perspective into their whole conversation. Nothing in that situation warranted this outcome Katy has came to that it's okay to go back to working with Luke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, applestar said:

Bonnie McKee is not necessary for the team. the only half-listenable song on Hot City besides AG is... hot city. Listen to Jennys got a boyfriend. Youre on crack if you think that's better than ww

Yes, she is necessary. Literally multiple songs on Bonnie's album are Katy-coded (Show You Mine, Jenny, Forever 21, etc) and could have served as her comeback single and slayed WW while having a better career outcome for Katy. 

Bonnie's doing the sound right, her and Katy need to work together. Period. 

36 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

amen

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm sorry but Dr. Luke was never found guilty. So I don't understand why you keep calling him a r*pist. And Katy doesn't owe Kesha anything. Also let's be clear that Kesha is using all this to her advantage, because if it weren't for Katy, Joyshit didn't even have 300k daily streams.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 11

21 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I mean this is a woman that chose tracks like Small Talk and It's Not The End of the World as singles. 

When she had Cry About It Later recorded before NRO even came out.

Or that she decided Hey, Hey, Hey was the best post album release single. 

Capitol should literally tell her what to do if they want a hit. She sucks at picking songs. 

She also thinks that she's known most for Firework and Roar  🤡 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jarr1507 said:

I'm sorry but Dr. Luke was never found guilty. So I don't understand why you keep calling him a r*pist. And Katy doesn't owe Kesha anything. Also let's be clear that Kesha is using all this to her advantage, because if it weren't for Katy, Joyshit didn't even have 300k daily streams.

He was also not found innocent. Your point? Not sure what you're trying to prove but to dismiss a woman's rape story just because LEGALLY it was hard to prove and she's been running around the court for the last 10 years, it shows you're nothing but a pathetic and incompetent human being with no empathy whatsoever! 

also not you saying Kesha's single is doing better numbers than WW because of Katy.. when Katy is no where to be found and bombing everywhere :rip:

katy cats don't fail to look like clowns, you've taken the smile era too literally 

Edited by mrpartyrocker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Yes, she is necessary. Literally multiple songs on Bonnie's album are Katy-coded (Show You Mine, Jenny, Forever 21, etc) and could have served as her comeback single and slayed WW while having a better career outcome for Katy. 

Bonnie's doing the sound right, her and Katy need to work together. Period. 

Agreed. Katy is a pretty bad songwriter imo. Her ideas are good but the actual lyrics are so cheesy and bad. It's clear now that Bonnie's help with her past hits took a funny and sexy song idea and made it workable and fun instead of embarrassing. 

• Thanks 1

Katy's problem is that she reached out to the wrong person. She needed Bonnie again and it shows (some of her biggest hits are co-worked on with Bonnie)!! Her problem is not that she had bad songs this last 7 years since witness, the problem is the whole package. The lyrics, delivery and bad choices of the singles representing the albums! Smile could have had a decent run but when you **** up the era with hey hey hey and small talk then it is meant to become a disaster. She clearly lacks creativity when she's writing and does not have anything memorable. To go from songs like teenage dream, california gurls, roar to songs like hey hey hey and woman's world then clearly there's a problem in katy's world! She's just dumb for ruining the chance to come back to her status and while she might not have reached the TD, Prism, for sure if she played her cards right and chose the right people, 143 could have had a One of the boys type of success! 

Unfortunately lifetimes will not save the era, it sounds like a bop but that's it. She should go back to Vegas, release some songs and albums every now and then without the expectation of going back to her peak. She could even tour around the world, but she's never going back to her mpg status! 

I'm sure Katy does not have bad intentions and deep down she's a good person, but to see how much she sacrificed and compromised in 2024 only to end up with a worse result than her previous eras ( when she didn't work with dr luke), it's truly sad

13 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

He was also not found innocent. Your point? Not sure what you're trying to prove but to dismiss a woman's rape story just because LEGALLY it was hard to prove and she's been running around the court for the last 10 years, it shows you're nothing but a pathetic and incompetent human being with no empathy whatsoever! 

also not you saying Kesha's single is doing better numbers than WW because of Katy.. when Katy is no where to be found and bombing everywhere :rip:

katy cats don't fail to look like clowns, you've taken the smile era too literally 

"A woman's rape story" But at the same time she INVENTED that another woman had been raped by the same guy just to be able to win a case is not very morally accepted either. As Kesha herself said it, only God knows what happened that night. Katy has nothing to do with any of this and she is free to work with whoever she wants or should.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 6

If only Katy didn't work with doctor rape... then we'd only be dragging her for the songs being awful and sounding dated instead of dragging her for that and for working with the rapist :katie:

• Haha 5

The essays in here lord Jesus have mercy :deadbanana2:

is this the single thread or am I in the wrong place???

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Sounds boring and generic tbh

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.