Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

16 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

And we will continue until she drops Dr. Luke

What's not clicking?

Um, idk, just move on and stop being a fan if it bothers you so much. 

My unsolicited opinion on the whole Dr. Luke situation is this:

Everyone is entitled to their own experience. 

Kesha has hers. 

Katy has hers. 

Katy obviously feels comfortable working with Dr. Luke because she went back to working with him, so they obviously have a positive working relationship. 

And that's that. 

It's not going to change. 

Rolling Stone wrote about Katy hand picking Dr. Luke to produce her album. 

Katy left American Idol hoping this would be a major comeback for her. 

So this is all very disappointing because, although I understand how some fans are not pleased with Dr. Luke's involvement, some of you guys are becoming very hateful and trashing everything she does when the music is nowhere near as bad as you claim it to be. 

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 6

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

1 minute ago, ChooseyLover said:

You're so triggered hunny. This is a forum, everyone is allowed to have an opinion on songs. Nobody is destroying anything, some will like her new songs and some won't.

Deep down I wish that after everything Katy is risking and putting on the line for working with him, she would have gotten better material out of it.

Don't you dare disrespect Bionic like that again... Chile, Birds of Prey alone is beyond everything we've heard so far.

Ofc everyone's allowed to have an opinion. 

But when I see the same people shitting on Katy on a Katy forum ... no matter what she drops ... it becomes sus at that point. 

Are you really a fan, or are you a Little Monster?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, truth-over-factz said:

Ofc everyone's allowed to have an opinion. 

But when I see the same people shitting on Katy on a Katy forum ... no matter what she drops ... it becomes sus at that point. 

Are you really a fan, or are you a Little Monster?

Sure, some people hated her guts since forever and now this gave them the perfect excuse to throw her under the bus cause it's become "socially acceptable" in stan circles. Which kinda sucks.

In my case I was a massive fan of hers for a couple of years, I think her voice is perfect for pop music and she's such an icon... so everything about this era makes me sad. BUT... the visuals are a serve and she seems happy, willing to be out there and do the work and proud of her album so let's see how things go for her.

Edited by ChooseyLover
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, thirdward said:

this is kinda diet FN :ahh: 

Don't ever disrespect FN like that… This is more like Feed The Beast / Diamonds & Dancefloors from Shein

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

It's a fun bop, but it's forgettable after like 10 listens

Not Katy ripping off Ava's Ghost.  :suburban:

8 hours ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

She needs to bring back Bonnie to write her songs for her. Either she has completely lost her ability to write, or it was never her to being with.  Her lyrics have become so silly, simplistic, and on the nose. 

Katycats have been saying that but Bonnie isn't out there waiting for Katy to call her. She doesn't work with Dr Luke anymore, like many women he's worked with.

She also praised Kesha's Praying and Gaga's Till It Happens To You Oscars performance and literally called Dr Luke the devil, which makes me wonder if she knows something

Edited by Illuminati
  • Like 2

This is the most basic and forgettable beat that you can come up with. 

+ its giving album track at number 7, not a 2nd single material. 

WW's production was much better. 

• Like 1

The fact that we all have a different fav is a good sign. there's something for everyone.

We really need that twitter poll. let the people choose

When is she gonna post Nirvana's snippet and make the poll? I refuse to believe this was the pick for 2nd single :rogue: 

8 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

Not true. She also worked with Stargate and Max Martín 

Im sure it wouldn't be a problem for them to work with Luke on the same song :rip: 

12 minutes ago, MasterExpose said:

When is she gonna post Nirvana's snippet and make the poll? I refuse to believe this was the pick for 2nd single :rogue: 

tonight hopefully

18 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

And we will continue until she drops Dr. Luke

What's not clicking?

So, if people bullied you cause you are gay. And you are bullying someone else, its ok then? I dont get it.

Katy, a WOMAN, gets bullied online by gays who are bullied all the time in real life (something thats NOT OK). 
in life, we need to try to be a good person. I didnt see this type of bullying against Nicki Minaj or Doja Cat. This is gross.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

I'm not saying this as a hater, because I love her, but this won't do anything for her either. People want full on pop bangers from her with heavy instrumentals, not some light dance tracks with minimal instrumentals.  
She could still be one of the best pop stars with the right material, but this is just not her sound.

Again, I'm not saying this to attack her, I really want her to come back strong with amazing big pop songs like Firework or Roar. That's where she really shines imo.   

1 minute ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

I'm not saying this as a hater, because I love her, but this won't do anything for her either. People want full on pop bangers from her with heavy instrumentals, not some light dance tracks with minimal instrumentals.  
She could still be one of the best pop stars with the right material, but this is just not her sound.

Again, I'm not saying this to attack her, I really want her to come back strong with amazing big pop songs like Firework or Roar. That's where she really shines imo.   

Gurl, I think no one really wants any empowering songs anymore. Cause that's exactly what firework and roar are. 

• Like 2

It's fun and boppish, but this could have easily been dropped in 2012! 

12 minutes ago, chriswouldman said:

Gurl, I think no one really wants any empowering songs anymore. Cause that's exactly what firework and roar are. 

I'm not talking about Firework or Roar lyrics. Other example is Hot n Cold, a very instant track melody and instrumental wise

The instrumentals and melodies could be so much bigger/improved.
It all started with Chained To The Rhythm and continued with the Witness album. This was just not on the same level as Teenage Dream and Roar/Dark Horse.

The only right step back to the right direction was Never Really Over. Great melody, heavy production.

Edited by LovaticSwiftie

16 minutes ago, AcidPrince said:

So, if people bullied you cause you are gay. And you are bullying someone else, its ok then? I dont get it.

Katy, a WOMAN, gets bullied online by gays who are bullied all the time in real life (something thats NOT OK). 
in life, we need to try to be a good person. I didnt see this type of bullying against Nicki Minaj or Doja Cat. This is gross.

It's 2024, everyone is a target honey 

plus your post reads like satire I can't take you seriously anyway :bibliahh:

24 minutes ago, AcidPrince said:

sksjksksks not yall comparing being bullied for your sexual orientation to people calling out and rightfully dragging a pop star who willingly chose to work woth a rapist. Her being a woman does not give her an excuse or a pass. Please tell me this post is a joke.:lmao:

Some people/trolls might take it far with gross comments on her body, misogyny, etc but she deserves everything else coming at her for platforming that man xx

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

Im sure it wouldn't be a problem for them to work with Luke on the same song :rip: 

This forum would cancel Max Martin for working with Luke

Then they would cancel any artist that works with Max because Max worked with Luke  :dies: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, thirdward said:

this is kinda diet FN :ahh: 

Dua's Future Nostalgia has more critical acclaim and Grammys than Katy will ever dream to have. How is this even close to a diet FN… Make it make sense No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

I loved Lifetimes from the first heard. Now it's a trend to say "it sounds dated", but for who thinks that genuinely I believe the reason is simply that we're not used anymore to this pure uplifting dance pop, considering what's in charts these days (unfortunately for me). So for me it's a blessing Katy still does this type of music since is the one I ever loved.

• Like 5

Does anyone know if the first part of the snippet is the pre-chorus or verses? If it's the verses, it will be too short 

She went from Chromatica to Future Nostalgia very fast. Can't wait for her version of Renaissance.

I'm still bopping to WW and will be bopping to Lifetimes once she drops it. They can never make me hate you, Katy Perry.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.