Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

I like the snippet :jonny: Queen Katy is serving BOPS this era

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

1 hour ago, ThehushSound said:

I think fans have overly romanticized their working relationship/friendship I don't think either of them have really acknowledged the other in fact the only recent "interaction" I've seen is bonnie commenting on one of the first promotional photos Katy dropped before woman's world. I don't think she has even acknowledged the song being released.

I think it's safe to say a Bonnie co-write is out of the picture.

I was thinking this, I wonder if anything happened between them and why they haven't worked together since Prism

This will also be dead on arrival :rip:

• Thanks 1

Horizon Flame

Katy needs to go back to judging on reality shows. This simply isn't working out for her. 

Its clearly her Bionic era. People will realise the greatness of the album 10 years from now when she will be retired living a relaxed life with orlando and kids in Miami. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

What happened to woman's world 

what in the europop trash. where's max martin when u need him

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

why does this already have 21 pages :lmao:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, torontowest91 said:

It was promo for Kamala Harris's campaign. 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, NothingIsReal said:

I could see this doing alright in your-up. Idk if this would do anything in the US. Shoulda been Nirvana

that's why she should drop both this and Gimme Gimme

send this to Europe and rest of the world, and Gimme Gimme for the US and selected countries

Nirvana would be better as the single to accompany the album (3rd single)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

that's why she should drop both this and Gimme Gimme

send this to Europe and rest of the world, and Gimme Gimme for the US and selected countries

Nirvana would be better as the single to accompany the album (3rd single)

I don't see a way we got both Lifetimes and Nirvana. They kind of serve the same. 

Just now, Ramcoro said:

I don't see a way we got both Lifetimes and Nirvana. They kind of serve the same. 

to me Lifetimes sounds more radio friendly and easy listening, kinda like Beyonce's Cuff It (Lifetimes) and Alien Superstar (Nirvana)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torontowest91 said:

massive flop

• Thanks 1

The way her team is choosing the singles is giving Witness/Smile on steroids. They haven't learned **** from those eras. I'm speechless. :deadbanana4:

Lifetimes sounds good, better than WW, but it won't do anything in the US. :rip: 

They have Nirvana, which could flop but at least she would flop with quality or the trap influenced tracks that would have a chance in the US and they go for Lifetimes, whose production is cute but basic and too European (when was the last time a song like this has done well in the US? lmao):skull: 

Edited by thatsmydemi

A Eurovision reject 

Norway is eating again :clap3:

I feel like some of you are fake fans at this point. 

"It sounds dated."

"Dead on arrival."

"A flop."

Everyone's been begging for Katy to return to her pop roots. 

She puts out an empowerment anthem a la Roar. 

Now, she's teasing Walking on Air's sister. 

Yet everything she does is a "flop?"

Gtfo. 

And some of these criticisms are coming from people streaming The Tortured Flops and Bigfoot. 

Also, the fact that you guys are surprised that Dr. Luke produced the entire album - did you guys not read the Rolling Stone article?

If you want to know why she went back to Dr. Luke over Max ... all you have to do is look at Witness. 

Critically critiqued, yet one of her best albums. 

The one thing I do lament is that, if Katy chose to work with Dr. Luke again, she should've done it the "right way" (if there is such a thing) by assembling her former team (Dr. Luke, Max, Cirkut and Bonnie McKee). 

I understand Dr. Luke has his own team of producers now, but those four were the ones who played the biggest roles in her success. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Also, the fact that people have moved on from destroying WW and are now destroying Lifetimes ... lmao ... if y'all really hate something so much, just move on?

I can't imagine spending so much energy on something I don't like. 

GET A JOB. STAY AWAY FROM HER. :khalyan:

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

this is kinda diet FN :ahh: 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, MadMax12 said:

I think this song will end up being really short like 2 minutes

I sure hope not… I need it to be at least 3 minutes long. I do fear that this album is going to have a lot of 2:30-3:00 songs though….

The last thing I'll say ... for now ... is that I see a lot of people saying they want Katy to release Gimme Gimme as the next single. 

But if Katy were to release that song as the second single, I bet those very same people would say, "This is dated. She hasn't evolved. It's the Dollar Tree's version of Dark Horse. Trap is so 2000-late." 

Katy truly can't win with this fanbase. 

Out of the snippets we've heard, the ones that should be considered for the next single are Lifetimes, Nirvana or Gorgeous. 

I would stay away from Gimme Gimme and the Crystal Waters sample, which I was excited about but is too trappy influenced (it's kinda giving Kim Petras' Alone in a sense). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Matmac77 said:

Nah i'm sorry this is so Katy Perry but 2024! I looooove this! Immediately better than anything she's done since PRISM (okay maybe Never Really Over aside). 

Love! Love! Love! 

She better have a video for this and just rush release it! 

The Lifetimes snippet alone sounds a million times better than Never Really Over, so people who think it sounds like "trash" need to grab several Q-tips. 

11 hours ago, Thor said:

Your fave's entire discography is in the red on Metacritic, so the fact that you think you have any room to talk about opinions on music is beyond laughable. Sit your (panned) ass down.

OT: Another dated and atrocious song that's going to bomb into oblivion. 

Honey, problems with hearing, problem with vision. Or maybe go back to the kindergarden to learn about those colors.

OT: Issa bop. 

• Like 1

:heart:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Toxic.Latin said:

she lost it... its over katherine..

403feeec27314dd8b13fa3564ccab6c9.gif 

Not deisy araujo!

26 minutes ago, truth-over-factz said:

Also, the fact that people have moved on from destroying WW and are now destroying Lifetimes ... lmao ... if y'all really hate something so much, just move on?

I can't imagine spending so much energy on something I don't like. 

GET A JOB. STAY AWAY FROM HER. :khalyan:

You're so triggered hunny. This is a forum, everyone is allowed to have an opinion on songs. Nobody is destroying anything, some will like her new songs and some won't.

Deep down I wish that after everything Katy is risking and putting on the line for working with him, she would have gotten better material out of it.

2 hours ago, shimind said:

Its clearly her Bionic era. People will realise the greatness of the album 10 years from now when she will be retired living a relaxed life with orlando and kids in Miami. 

Don't you dare disrespect Bionic like that again... Chile, Birds of Prey alone is beyond everything we've heard so far.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.