Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

She needs to bring back Bonnie to write her songs for her. Either she has completely lost her ability to write, or it was never her to being with.  Her lyrics have become so silly, simplistic, and on the nose. 

• Like 4

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

more like lifeless

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's giving forever 21 fitting room music 

• Like 1

Another Dr. Luke dud. It's time to start over from scratch. :skull: 

• Like 1

I feel like I've heard 40 iterations of this song over the past decade. Maybe could have smashed back in the day but it's DOA the year our lord 2024. 

People aren't interested in hooks that are so painfully manufactured like this

• Like 1

Someone who is acting like they sleep can't wake up. 

She is releasing those Dr. pork songs on purpose. I'm kind of shocked at how clueless she is. 

The songs are TERRIBLE too. 

11 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

It sounds like an awful Ava Max / Bebe Rexha / Rita Ora reject. Like wow, when I thought she couldn't possibly give us something worse than Swish Swish, it looks like she can :suburban:

Worse than swish swish is a little dramatic 

Edited by gay interrupted
  • Like 1

somebody said worse than swish swish

you're talking like swish swish is a bad song...

Pensando No Se GIF

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Produced by... Dr.Luke... OK

Sounds like Madonna's "Superstar" from MDNA. 

• Haha 1

It's a good song, a bop (or at least the preview sounds like it), but 2nd single after woman's world? I refuse to think she makes these decisions cos otherwise she just doesn't have an ear for hits! She needed to release the best song off the album to repair the damage woman's world has done! 

it's safe to say that this era is dead and we'll just get another smile situation, but I'll check out the album only cause of this, Nirvana and Gorgeous 

Katy Perry 🤝 being 5 years late to the trend

See y'all in 2029 when she releases her country album!

• Haha 4

I get that most of the criticism against Katy is justified but I've just gone through this whole thread and it seems like she's being attacked regardless of what she does. It's very unserious 

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 2

Announcing the album was a huge mistake…

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NothingIsReal said:

somebody said worse than swish swish

you're talking like swish swish is a bad song...

Pensando No Se GIF

Be serious

2 hours ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

She needs to bring back Bonnie to write her songs for her. Either she has completely lost her ability to write, or it was never her to being with.  Her lyrics have become so silly, simplistic, and on the nose. 

I think fans have overly romanticized their working relationship/friendship I don't think either of them have really acknowledged the other in fact the only recent "interaction" I've seen is bonnie commenting on one of the first promotional photos Katy dropped before woman's world. I don't think she has even acknowledged the song being released.

I think it's safe to say a Bonnie co-write is out of the picture.

34 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

Katy Perry 🤝 being 5 years late to the trend

See y'all in 2029 when she releases her country album!

Because ... that's a trend now???

35 minutes ago, gay interrupted said:

I get that most of the criticism against Katy is justified but I've just gone through this whole thread and it seems like she's being attacked regardless of what she does. It's very unserious 

Evolve...

Go back to your old sound... 

That's a dated sound...

Your music is too silly...

That's too serious and pretentious...

Now it's childish...

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

How does this have 19 pages already :rip:

Anyway this is a European bop but it's not a good choice for the second single. She needs something more dynamic than this. Gimme Gimme or Nirvana would have been better choices. And Gorgeous should be a promo single. But this is Katy Perry, the same woman who chose This Is How We Do over Walking on Air/Legendary Lovers, Small Talk over Harleys in Hawaii, Smile/NTEOTW over Cry About It Later/Tucked. She is ALLERGIC to making good decisions since well over a decade at this point. It would be surprising if she magically got it right this time, which she won't. 

having said that, this is such a feel good song. I can see myself blasting it when I need a pick me up :flame:

Hopefully it's just a teaser and she does do the poll after all :duca:

No one is forcing you to support Katy Perry in 2024. It's not like her recent singles are being auto-played to death, rupturing your eardrums, the way some of your faves' music are. Stop acting like you don't have a choice what to listen to or who to boycott. Call her out once and call it a day. Move on to your boring life, listening to your boring favorite artist.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

The way she delivers 'TIL THE END is sooo good. The best part of the snippet for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I actually wish she would serve a massive bop bit this ain't it, it sounds dated, uninteresting, screamy, simply not good. I saw that she posted this on her insta, dancing, feeling it, but she might be the only one

• Like 2

:ahh:

Katy baby maybe the singing thing is no longer for you

1 hour ago, Ramcoro said:

Evolve...

Go back to your old sound... 

That's a dated sound...

Your music is too silly...

That's too serious and pretentious...

Now it's childish...

Yeah it's just exposing that they would be upset with anything she does. She literally won't be able to please some of these people which is fine they don't have to like her but to constantly pick on her time and time again is just lame to me

I do think it's a bit generic but I still really like the chorus and the lyrics. This is what she should've came back with, a mindless feel good bop. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.