Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

Oh wait not another song produced by Dr Luke :clown: what's the ******* wrong with this *****. 

• Like 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

Yes!!! Lifetimes won 🏆 

This is definitely the next single for sure! And I'm guessing Gimme Gimme is 3rd. 

I'll love you lifetimes ❤️

1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

we are not talking about Chromatica in this thread

I am a Chromatica hater, so I'm relieved, sister!

:suburban:she said she will let cats decide the second single and probably make a poll so there is still hope she's gonna post the second preview and it's the one and only Nirvana

Hmm not sure about this one, I need to hear the whole song :biblio:

Even though this is also Luke-produced, this would not have stirred up nearly as much backlash as the lead single compared to Woman's World. Lifetimes a huge bop and it doesn't have the feminism/abuser narrative, it probably would've been a hit (hopefully still can).

Edited by PoisonPill

1 hour ago, OmegaRidley said:

but invading every single Katy thread writing these essays

My original post was a sentence long. If you're concerned about troubling behavior and people's well-being, I would advise interrogating why some users have such a deep parasocial relationship with Katy that they write essays, shout personal insults, and have meltdowns over things like a single-sentence post expressing discomfort that her next single dedicated to her small daughter is produced by and profiting a male rapist. Would you want your niece or daughter associated with someone accused of raping a woman? Let's take about that. 

• Thanks 4

It sucks that certain members are stuck in a loop, trapped in living numerous lifetimes dragging Katy and writing essays, poor them. At least we Katycats have the code to detangle ourselves from time, through enjoying Katy's music.  

Jump In Monsters GIF by Emma McGann

Free yourselves with 143.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

Might be a good idea to release the three viable songs all at once next week--Lifetimes, Gimme Gimme and Nirvana. Call it the Lifetimes EP (and tack Woman's World on at the bottom). See which one sticks and PUSH IT. Maybe TTH album release week? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phaunzie said:

It sucks that certain members are stuck in a loop, trapped in living numerous lifetimes dragging Katy and writing essays, poor them. At least we Katycats have the code to detangle ourselves from time, through enjoying Katy's music.  

Jump In Monsters GIF by Emma McGann

Free yourselves with 143.

I just cant imagine how sucks their life is. 

I feel like she will drop a new snippet every week and see which song receives the most attention, and then she will release it as the second single. It feels more like a promotional track than a single tbh but it does sound better than WW.

• Like 1

this sounds like one of those random dj x d-list pop girl collabs from 2017

1 hour ago, OmegaRidley said:

You're better off actually using that time to donate or volunteer to make a REAL impact on these matters  

I agree, hating on Katy won't solve the Dr. Luke problem. Yes, her album will bomb and not a single A-lister will ever come close to working with Luke again but he can still get hits from a newcomer or a rapper. Instead, we should be asking how can we actually make make a difference in the world so that record labels stop hiring people like Luke for hits? Maybe start a petition on change.org? Writing letters and emails to music execs? I haven't seen twitter trolls like Mr. Pop doing any of that sort other than posting WW's streaming numbers for likes and a quick laugh, I feel like "OKHs" are not taking this issue seriously at all.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

the fact that Traumatica was already teetering on the dated sound edge for most of the album and that was 4 years ago... WW sounded like Stupid Love and this sounds like Free Woman :deadbanana2: not a creative bone in her body

So Gaga invented EDM & House music, got it. Thought we had that way before her but apparently not.

Can we talk about how Sour Candy sounds like Swish Swish then? :coffee2:

Edited by Itz_Dani!
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Lukasz aside, are we not talking about the fact that she's pushing this barely a week after Woman's World dropped :deadbanana4:

it's bad for her (but wbk)

• Like 2

Sounds like a cheap song that gets 5th in the Icelandic Eurovision National Final

• Like 1

I think this song will end up being really short like 2 minutes

8 hours ago, halcyonday said:

Chile, your fave's ENTIRE catalogue belongs to him.

You ain't on the high horse you think you is. :bird: Doja stans should sit this one out. The hypocrisy is too much.

And would you have the nerve to say this to a Kesha stan? You tone deaf hack. No your fav is a loser who couldn't even make listenable music with him. Shes not getting her KMM go cry in a hole about it

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

This is exactly what I want from Katy. Just serve me safe and generic pop records and I will eat them up. Not every artist needs to reinvent the wheel.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, halcyonday said:

rumour has it he produced the entire album so... nothing can help with it anymore 

Not true. She also worked with Stargate and Max Martín 

Dr. Luke again. Mess. 

this is so much better than WW :rip:

I hope they release this soon. It's about time she releases the lead for 143 :clack:

Well this brought me back to enjoy free woman!

How does this have 19 pages already :rip:

Anyway this is a European bop but it's not a good choice for the second single. She needs something more dynamic than this. Gimme Gimme or Nirvana would have been better choices. And Gorgeous should be a promo single. But this is Katy Perry, the same woman who chose This Is How We Do over Walking on Air/Legendary Lovers, Small Talk over Harleys in Hawaii, Smile/NTEOTW over Cry About It Later/Tucked. She is ALLERGIC to making good decisions since well over a decade at this point. It would be surprising if she magically got it right this time, which she won't. 

having said that, this is such a feel good song. I can see myself blasting it when I need a pick me up :flame:

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.