Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

This doesn't sound good to me :doc: I'm so sad she came back like this I was really rooting for her

will save full judgement until I hear the full

5 hours ago, DawnAnti said:

Sorry but this is starting to become sad , she  genuinely lost all her magic 

She never had any to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I really thought she'd redeem herself this era but I was so wrong

Lifetimes is a BOP. Katy needs to focus on promoting it heavily towards the GP, it sounds fresh and nostalgic at the same time. Everyones sick of the current mainstream, whispered songs and Trap, so this is a very welcome breath of fresh air.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

She never had any to begin with.

:skull: don't lie

I LOVE YOU FOR

I LOVE YOU FOR LIFE

LIFETIME

Amazon Studios Dancing GIF by Prime Video Comedy

• Like 1

sounds cute!

but katy... girl :ace:

this era is a MESS! 

I really can't fathom the decision to work with dr. luke like girl you KNEW very well the repercussions this would bring on the era you NEEDED to serve for!

This Dua Lipa type beat :redface:

Sounds better than WW tho

This is sooo Katy Perry but make it modern. SO perched!

• Like 10

even Smile has songs that had KP's magic in them like NRO, HIH, Tucked even Smile but this one sounds uninspired like a Zedd reject :monkey:

35 minutes ago, justin. said:

Very 2012'd (derogatory) 

we are not talking about Chromatica in this thread

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, OrgVisual said:

we are not talking about Chromatica in this thread

wallpaper2you_486727(1).thumb.jpg.3d846d

wallpaper2you_486727(1).thumb.jpg.3d846dwallpaper2you_486727(1).thumb.jpg.3d846dwallpaper2you_486727(1).thumb.jpg.3d846d

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

15 hours ago, Communion said:

Do you think she's reading yours? Do you think those hours spent furiously googling "Ethel Cain Dr. Luke label contract", "what is a publishing company," "Dr. Luke and Kesha court case" etc. to try and either convince one's self or other that somehow this isn't gross is worth it for your fellow stans doing it?

You can't convince anyone that somehow it takes time and energy to be disgusted by rape apologia while yourself seemingly exerting so much time and so much energy deeply upset and trying to contain people expressing said disgust or upset. 

Again, you're suffering because of Katy. Her doing this and cause you to be upset has nothing to do with me or anyone else who make relevant, on topic discussion. If you can't bare that, you simply have the option of not reading. 

First off all I've done none of these things you're accusing me off. 

Second of all, are you reading yourself?? Do you really think I'm suffering because of a multimillionaire popstar who doesn't give a single ****? :rip:

I swear some of y'all take popmusic way too seriously, to the point of living THROUGH these personalities and acting like these trivial things like flopping are impacting you on a personal level :rip: 

You can obviously express your disgust towards rape, but invading every single Katy thread writing these essays on some obscure popmusic forum won't do anything but damage your mental health. You're better off actually using that time to donate or volunteer to make a REAL impact on these matters  

anyways I was expressing real concern for you because this behavior doesn't seem very healthy to me, but clearly there is something going on and I want nothing to do with it. 

have a nice day. 

Edited by OmegaRidley
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Ramcoro said:

We aren't a monolith. But I would say a majority of Kats I see aren't bashing Kesha as a person or calling her a liar or even defending Dr. Luke (the most I usually see is "innocent until proven guilt" - I would hardly call that a defense.) I see a lot of Kats comment about Joyride but usually people are bringing that up first. 

Some Kats are getting defensive. It's hard to blame them, when it's thread after thread and petty antics (like changing the banner to Cher). A lot of responses are a mix of genuine support for Kesha and disgust of Dr. Luke, but there's also a lot of pure hatred of Katy that goes WAY BACK from before this whole Dr. Luke fiasco. Don't confuse harted for Katy for support for Kesha. This is just ammunition for haters. If it was the other way around, like other popular artists working for Dr. Luke you would see their stans defend the music. I 100% believe that. 

I admit there are some Kats that make me roll my eyes or even disgust me. There's are few and far between, and I see worse on Twitter than here. I don't speak for them, and they don't speak for me or Katy.

I couldn't have said it better. We're on the same boat and we're not dumb. I see people being offensive even to whoever in general likes Katy's music. This is insane and toxic.

She should release this asap. She doesn't have anything to lose

I mean, it does sound better than WW (the bar is in hell), but I fear the ship has already sailed and Katy is doomed this era. 

This is the most non-ke$ha ke$ha sounding song

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

I'm so tired of people keeping say "she should've done 365 2.0", guys literally where were you when it came out??? I'm so tired of the hypocrisy and fakeness, it's maybe even worse then overdramatic critisism. 

Edited by FabForAThrowback
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, illia said:

This Dua Lipa type beat :redface:

Sounds better than WW tho

huh? this is piano house, its existed since the 90s, r u drunk 

• Confused 1

She is sonically trapped in 2011-2012

spacer.png

• Haha 2

This is really good, justice for Walking on Ari :ghostface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.