Father of racist player defends son: "hard for a European to understand our culture"

Alaska.

Chelsea star Enzo Fernandez posts video of Argentina stars singing racist  chant

Enzo Fernandez's father Raul Fernandez defended the Chelsea star after his recent controversy. A video of him singing a song aimed at the French national team received backlash on social media due to its alleged racist roots. Fernandez shared the Instagram live video on his account after Argentina won the 2024 Copa America on July 14.

As per quotes shared by All About Argentina on Twitter, Paul Fernandez defended his son claiming he is not racist. He also mentioned that Europeans have misinterpreted the song as they don't understand their footbal culture.

"I know who my son is. He is not like that! He's not racist, never! It's hard for a European to understand our football culture like chants and celebrations. He recorded that live video at an inopportune moment. It was bad, he didn't even realize what he was singing"

x

Imagem do artigo:“More sensitive” – Liverpool player defends Enzo Fernandez after racist video

Another player has jumped to the defence of Enzo Fernandez after the racist video surfaced earlier in the week. Liverpool's Alexis Mac Allister is a Argentine team mate of Enzo and was probably on the bus too at the time of the video, and he's come out and defended Enzo.

"You have to be careful with what you say or do. Especially in Europe where they are much more sensitive than here.

"The reality is that we are not a racist country; we are not used to talking about racism so much. Yes, it's a very important topic, obviously.

"Enzo has already apologized and explained what happened. I don't think there's much more to say. We know Enzo, we know he would never do it with bad intentions, he's not that guy, he's not racist.

"It's just a chant that got stuck and is more of a mocking tone than anything else. But, as I said, you have to be very careful.

"I think the most important thing is that Enzo came out, gave the corresponding apologies, and that, in the end, should be valued."

x

Does he know that Argentina was colonized by Europeans with then the migration of many Europeans and that they speak a European language, right? 

tumblr_pci8urMr2f1xas440o1_400.gif

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

It was bad, he didn't even realize what he was singing

His son is 23 father of a kid and doesn't know what he's singing about?

Not the "he didn't realize what he was singing" :dies: 

Oh I don't think it's hard for Europeans to understand 

:suburban:

It's hard for a European to understand our football culture like chants and celebrations.

Ah yes, the elusive and unique tradition of... celebrating a sports win? How tf are you making european soccer culture look like a bastion of anti-racism :deadbanana:

:suburban:

Can they not? Aren't most Argentines of Italian ancestry? :toofunny2:

19 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

Can they not? Aren't most Argentines of Italian ancestry? :toofunny2:

And descendants of nazis lol

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

39 minutes ago, Monsieurgedeon said:

And descendants of nazis lol

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I've ever read here. Imagine making a generalisation on an entire country of 100m+ people :deadbanana4:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, Princess Aurora said:

Does he know that Argentina was colonized by Europeans with then the migration of many Europeans and that they speak a European language, right? 

tumblr_pci8urMr2f1xas440o1_400.gif

regular immigration is not colonialism wtf

Argentines really showed their racists ass during this whole scandal

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I've ever read here. Imagine making a generalisation on an entire country of 100m+ people :deadbanana4:

But it is historically proven that Juan Domingo Peron provided refuge for many nazis after ww2. Just open an history book. 

Several high-profile Nazis, including Adolf Eichmann, Josef Mengele, and Erich Priebke, were among those who escaped to Argentina. The country's relatively lax immigration policies at the time, coupled with a network of escape routes known as "ratlines," facilitated their flight from Europe to South America.

This period of history has been well-documented through various historical accounts and investigations, highlighting Argentina's role in sheltering former Nazis.

• Thanks 7

15 minutes ago, Monsieurgedeon said:

But it is historically proven that Juan Domingo Peron provided refuge for many nazis after ww2. Just open an history book. 

Several high-profile Nazis, including Adolf Eichmann, Josef Mengele, and Erich Priebke, were among those who escaped to Argentina. The country's relatively lax immigration policies at the time, coupled with a network of escape routes known as "ratlines," facilitated their flight from Europe to South America.

This period of history has been well-documented through various historical accounts and investigations, highlighting Argentina's role in sheltering former Nazis.

Yeah that's all true, but I would hope nowadays there are not that many people who share the same views..?

they look like spaniards lol

• Like 1

Sometimes argentinians should just keep it quiet

Virgos Groove

This is such a bad look for them 

1 hour ago, getinthezone said:

they look like spaniards lol

Well...babe the population of South and Central America 600 years ago looks nothing like 85% of the modern population. There's a reason for that I fear. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

regular immigration is not colonialism wtf

Now. I didn't say that. I said then which implies that after the colonial period, there was the migration period.

spacer.png

This racist chant over sports is actually insane.

girl, sit the **** down and stfu. trashy racists x

Happy Little Women GIF by TV One

It's not hard to understand racism sir. :skull:

So your son's a follower?

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.