• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stunnah

• thatsmydemi

• Shimenawa

• Gwendolyn

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for her

Some of y'all in this thread need to calm tf down with bashing her like the girl has been famous for only a couple of months now I'm sure it's a scary thing to navigate in the beginning of her career especially with stalkers :biblio:

• Like 8

this is coming off very insincere tbh... pumping the brakes on her fame but doing a LOT of promo, performing at big festivals and giving interviews that will expand your reach?  I'm not buying it :deadbanana:

Hmm any little amount of notoriety gets you stalkers sadly, even YouTubers have them.

I would think she thought of this when signing with a big label especially being able to start older but I saw above she has BP2 and that made sense, I really feel for her and hope she can figure it all out. If she still has this mindset by then,  she can finish her contract and just be independent, she'd have it all without the toxic aspects 

This is the reason why a sudden rise to fame seems so horrific. It's basically like winning the lotto and the whole world knows about it. You get tons of unwanted attention.

I feel like girls that have a gradual rise like Rihanna or Dua don't run into this problem.

10 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

So tired of new celebs doing as much promo as humanly possible and signing with big labels and then publicly advertising to every magazine and website who will listen how ~tired~ they are of fame

:cm:

22 minutes ago, BabyBenzz said:

this is coming off very insincere tbh... pumping the brakes on her fame but doing a LOT of promo, performing at big festivals and giving interviews that will expand your reach?  I'm not buying it :deadbanana:

It's called having a job and doing it

ezgif-4-96f966a86c.thumb.gif.675361f165f

it sounds like she is just having doubts. all of her success and popularity grew from word of mouth so i don't know how fair it is to say that she was actively pursuing this level of popularity, major label or not. she's pretty far removed from the typical popstar or mainsteam act, so when things suddenly exploded over a couple of months it was very unexpected for everyone. 

she literally describes it as a "battle" and i think that's totally reasonable. she wants to be grateful for all of the success, popularity and incomprehensible opportunities -  imagine not pursuing that lightning in a bottle moment? - but how quickly things moved and how much her popularity grew from what was a small platform is a lot to consider and maybe not what she wanted. 

there's a lot I could say with the lens as a singer/songwriter myself. I do envy a lot of the elements of fame a lot of our favs have achieved, but I know that's not for everyone. hell, it's most certainly not for girls like Mitski and Chappell, who kinda had sudden fame that they weren't entirely expecting. as someone who is fascinated by fame and its long-term effects starting from career to full-fledged personal lives becoming the diaries of the public, I can see the validity of several viewpoints written in this thread. Chappell is indeed smart for anticipating the negative backsplash fame can eventually provide once the rose-colored glasses are taken off, she's more than likely a student of pop culture herself. I mean, hell, she's about 11 months younger than me. what if Warrior by Kesha came out at a formative time of her life like it did for some of us? regardless, I do think Chappell has taken in some cautionary tales, and I'm sure she's making a lot of amplified tough calls she's not used to. I think it would definitely behoove her to take a break, I think those of us who are true fans will absolutely understand, especially those of us who are around her age. people like Gaga who became famous even earlier are a rare breed in knowing exactly what they wanted. there is no ill-intent when I say this, but the prefrontal cortex is only fully developed on AVERAGE at 25. I've always known that I've wanted some level of fame, but I'm sure as sh*t glad it didn't happen to me in my early 20s. like whoa dude. everything broadcasted to the whole world, all your coming-of-age mishaps. I had a tumblr following of about 15000 back in the day, and they got to see my messy breakup with my ex boyfriend and the ensuing EP I released with my almost fully naked body on display when I was 20, I thought even THAT was a bit much! but I soaked it in somehow at the same time lol my attention seeking ass

I can't imagine how I would've reacted if that audience were multiplied by 10, at the least. Chappell is dealing with that audience multiplied by like 1000 at the least lol, so I can definitely see how it'd affect someone negatively and strenuously. I'm sorry to just relate this back to myself but it does strike a lot of chords for me. on one hand, I have my jealousy of people at her level for truly making it in THAT way. god! if only! lol

but more than that, I feel empathy for her, and I hope she can find a good balance. I think pulling a Lorde would be such a great idea for her. I really hope she continues on an upward trajectory but with nothing but more mellowness from this point on out. she deserves her success, she also 100% deserves her privacy, peace of mind, and happiness! those can exist in tandem, if she paces herself :giraffe:

• Like 1

sounds like Doja 2.0 

10 hours ago, charmed23 said:

No, the audience needs My Kink is Karma and Femininomenon to smash, a video for GLB, then a second album, and she cam pump the brakes!

jk.

Dead at the users who lambasted her above :ace: as if there is a school to train and prepare these young, eager and ambitious artists for fame and the dark side that comes with it.

Of course she wants to be successful, clearly demonstrated through all her hustling and the nonstop trying/second attempt after almost being broke.

Which sane artists don't want their musical outputs to be loved and appreciated by the mass, especially the coins that come with it.

And that can still coincide with her desire to not be too famous to have stalkers.

Sadly it isn't realistically feasible as some have pointed out, but that's totally normal for her to want that. Stop giving this 26yo so much judgmental condescending sh*t.
Go stream My Kink is Karma.

The unfortunate thing is that even niche/nonchating artists can have wild stalkers, so there really isn't an appropriate level of fame. You just hope nobody that unstable latches onto you. 

5 hours ago, Bewitched said:

Some of y'all in this thread need to calm tf down with bashing her like the girl has been famous for only a couple of months now I'm sure it's a scary thing to navigate in the beginning of her career especially with stalkers :biblio:

Reading this topic is honestly disgusting. Social media really turned y'all (except you that i'm quoting lmao) in sociopaths i swear.

She's literally being honest and opening up about something and everyone is judging her for what exactly? lmao.

4 hours ago, JoeAg said:

there's a lot I could say with the lens as a singer/songwriter myself. I do envy a lot of the elements of fame a lot of our favs have achieved, but I know that's not for everyone. hell, it's most certainly not for girls like Mitski and Chappell, who kinda had sudden fame that they weren't entirely expecting. as someone who is fascinated by fame and its long-term effects starting from career to full-fledged personal lives becoming the diaries of the public, I can see the validity of several viewpoints written in this thread. Chappell is indeed smart for anticipating the negative backsplash fame can eventually provide once the rose-colored glasses are taken off, she's more than likely a student of pop culture herself. I mean, hell, she's about 11 months younger than me. what if Warrior by Kesha came out at a formative time of her life like it did for some of us? regardless, I do think Chappell has taken in some cautionary tales, and I'm sure she's making a lot of amplified tough calls she's not used to. I think it would definitely behoove her to take a break, I think those of us who are true fans will absolutely understand, especially those of us who are around her age. people like Gaga who became famous even earlier are a rare breed in knowing exactly what they wanted. there is no ill-intent when I say this, but the prefrontal cortex is only fully developed on AVERAGE at 25. I've always known that I've wanted some level of fame, but I'm sure as sh*t glad it didn't happen to me in my early 20s. like whoa dude. everything broadcasted to the whole world, all your coming-of-age mishaps. I had a tumblr following of about 15000 back in the day, and they got to see my messy breakup with my ex boyfriend and the ensuing EP I released with my almost fully naked body on display when I was 20, I thought even THAT was a bit much! but I soaked it in somehow at the same time lol my attention seeking ass

I can't imagine how I would've reacted if that audience were multiplied by 10, at the least. Chappell is dealing with that audience multiplied by like 1000 at the least lol, so I can definitely see how it'd affect someone negatively and strenuously. I'm sorry to just relate this back to myself but it does strike a lot of chords for me. on one hand, I have my jealousy of people at her level for truly making it in THAT way. god! if only! lol

but more than that, I feel empathy for her, and I hope she can find a good balance. I think pulling a Lorde would be such a great idea for her. I really hope she continues on an upward trajectory but with nothing but more mellowness from this point on out. she deserves her success, she also 100% deserves her privacy, peace of mind, and happiness! those can exist in tandem, if she paces herself :giraffe:

This is the type of posts i expected when i started reading this topic...not the mess i walked into :rip:

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Gotta be honest with you, from the things she's been saying since she blew up... she seems like the type of artist who won't know how to handle fame. Wish her the best. She will need to be surrounded by good people. 

She might be like how Lana was.. just drop a album then dip. 

18 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

Chappell-Roan-gov-ball-2024-billboard-15

Chappell Roan has had one of the fastest, most organic rises to stardom that the music industry has seen in the past decade — but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

While talking to host Drew Afualo on the Wednesday (July 17) episode of The Comment Section podcast, the 26-year-old singer-songwriter got candid about the pitfalls of notoriety. "People have started to be freaks — like, [they] follow me and know where my parents live, and where my sister works," she said of intrusive fans. "All this weird s–t."

Roan also revealed she once promised herself years ago that if she ever had fans giving "stalker vibes," or if her family was ever in danger as a result of her fame, she would stop making music. "We're there. We're there!" she told Afualo. "I'm just kind of in this battle … I've pumped the brakes on, honestly, anything to make me more known. It's kind of a forest fire right now. I'm not trying to go do a bunch of s–t."

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/chappell-roan-pump-the-brakes-fame-due-stalker-fans-1235733452/

Gaga's new look is great 

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

Reading this topic is honestly disgusting. Social media really turned y'all (except you that i'm quoting lmao) in sociopaths i swear.

She's literally being honest and opening up about something and everyone is judging her for what exactly? lmao.

This is the type of posts i expected when i started reading this topic...not the mess i walked into :rip:

People are not being sociopaths, they're just jealous. You know all the lonely trolls here dream of being famous but they have no talent other than posting drags on ATRL so they feel Chappell achieving what they dream of and resenting it is unappreciative. In reality, there's a vast difference between doing her job which is writing and playing music and having her family be subjected to harassment by stalkers and implying she "asked for it" because she signed a record deal is gross. Did it ever occur to you she did this interview precisely to get people to back off?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just because she's chosen this career path doesn't mean she can't complain. Her family is getting harassed for gods sake, some of yall are so weirdly myopic about anyone complaining about the (heavy!) price of fame :deadbanana:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not hypocritical or contradicting of her to do this interview with billboard and say she's pumping the brakes on her fame at the same time. If anything this was the smartest move her and her team could make at the moment. Sitting her down for a chill tame podcast while also using it as an opportunity to send a message out to the "stalker fans" she's starting to get scared of. Hopefully they're made aware of it and cut the ****. I see nothing wrong with a little threat from Chappell, 0 hypocrisy in any of this tbqh. 

Edited by knewbetterpt2

8 hours ago, BabyBenzz said:

Not everyone is a good driver. Maybe she confused the brakes with the accelerator 

d42a556a6919482a04d8a9b1f97d1ec7.gif

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Haha 1

i fear for miss Chappell please someone protect her, take a good mentor...or fame may take her life.

I want her to become bigger and I hope she is surrounded by good people. All fame will gradually diminish over time, so I think she should just ride high on it and collect loyal fans so she can tour and do music forever in peace

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.