Relief is coming! Work is being done to address the recent server issues. ×

What's next for Selena Gomez musically?

ShadeIena

5 minutes ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

dumbass is to be a nicki stan atp like who the fucks lives in gag city?

I'm not even a Nicki stan dummy. :skull: Stay on topic. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShadeIena

• Apolonio

• goverm3nth0ker

• YourFavoriteWeapon

If she had released Love On 1-2 months later it could have done better (as ppl get used to Espresso sound)

It was released a bit too early and the video didnt help

Moving forward, I kinda struggled to see how she can score a hit solo. She has always done better as a featured vocalist on trendy sound (Calm Down, It Ain't Me, Wolves, We don't talk anymore) She doesnt have an identity for her solo music. Her fanbase is more mature now and will spend less time streaming music 

I think best choice is a Latin-dance album for the gays. Smth like

- Baila Conmigo

- Shakira's Te Felecito

- Camila's Hasta Los Dientes

- Maria Becerra's IMAN

A full project like this to have more loyal fanbase. And then a full EDM album afterwards

Edited by reymiu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

dark album please, give us full r&b queen

I think R&B will only stick to a niche and for the US market, where she is not as strong as globally

• Thumbs Down 1

At the very least she will likely re-invent herself through the soundtrack to the upcoming Linda Ronstadt biopic. I suspect that will influence her direction in its aftermath.

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion but SS and Love On aren't as bad as people make them look. Sure, they are not up there among Perfect, Good for You or Hands To Myself but they are not as bad as Outta My Hands (Loco) or Look At Her Now. They are fun tracks and different from the Selena sound we are used to. In fact, they kinda felt fresh coming from her. It's sad because I think we've missed a fun careless pop album which could've not been groundbreaking or stellar, but still a cute and different album within her discography. 

Edit: why do people want artists to stick to the same sound so bad? I understand if she had only experimented with it for one era but as a casual listener, I feel like she's been stuck to the same sound since 2015, giving us the same mid-tempo sultry R&B and pop and some dance-edm collabs here and there. Let artists experiment and try different sounds. As I said, SS and LO sounded different and fresh coming from her and I'm sure with the right plan, both could've done much better. They are flops mostly because she and her team let them flop. 

Edited by thatsmydemi
  • Like 6

Same thing she's been doing for a long time now: release more trashy, empty, uninspired songs with no artistry and no... nothing.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Outlaws said:

Same thing she's been doing for a long time now: release more trashy, empty, uninspired songs with no artistry and no... nothing.

Outlaws

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She's releasing some songs on the soundtrack for the Emilia Perez movie.

Edited by corotinho
  • Thumbs Down 1

Single Soon and Love On were a huge misstep. Single Soon was fine but so mindless and uninteresting production wise. Love On was even worse (although the video was fun and good). I personally loved her sound with Fetish, Bad Liar and If Ain't Me. This seems to be what most people are wanting from her, from what I can see. I don't think anyone is waiting eagerly for a new Selena album or single BUT if she feels inclined to return to music, I think her best bet is a moodier, darker, pop sound. 

She's still very capable of having a hit solo song, Single Soon and Love On just weren't those songs and didn't connect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Unpopular opinion but SS and Love On aren't as bad as people make them look. Sure, they are not up there among Perfect, Good for You or Hands To Myself but they are not as bad as Outta My Hands (Loco) or Look At Her Now. They are fun tracks and different from the Selena sound we are used to. In fact, they kinda felt fresh coming from her. It's sad because I think we've missed a fun careless pop album which could've not been groundbreaking or stellar, but still a cute and different album within her discography. 

Edit: why do people want artists to stick to the same sound so bad? I understand if she had only experimented with it for one era but as a casual listener, I feel like she's been stuck to the same sound since 2015, giving us the same mid-tempo sultry R&B and pop and some dance-edm collabs here and there. Let artists experiment and try different sounds. As I said, SS and LO sounded different and fresh coming from her and I'm sure with the right plan, both could've done much better. They are flops mostly because she and her team let them flop. 

omg user thatsmydemi being right..lemme stream unbroken today

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

omg user thatsmydemi being right..lemme stream unbroken today

we need the audience to stream Holy **** though :weeps: 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Exactly, she needs to start doing something new with genres. She tried the style of singing of Hands To Myself and Bad Liar and she overdone it. She needs to go back to switching both styles and using her head voice again.

Ps: Loco and LAHN are bops omg

Edited by ShadeIena

Nothing she should act 

she got Emmy's and Oscar buzz

put the music down

establish a girl group and let them sing your rihjects 

and make money that way if you still love music 

• Thumbs Down 1

The person disliking all the replies is sending me, imagine spending your free time being bitter about Selena Gomez on ATRL  :deadbanana4:

• Haha 3

Staying on topic... All she needs for another hit are the right producers and songwriters, time to drop Julia unless she brings back Justin Tranter to fix her ugly ways, she should also book sessions with Max Martin and Shellback because they can make any type of Pop song, hell, even Benny's nasty ahh could make some decent songs for her, he has many vaulted tracks for other artists that could work for her but she doesn't take advantage of it...

The world is Selena's oyster but she seems alergic to seafood :deadbanana4:

• Like 2

Keep focusing on acting for more 1 year since she's getting her flowers

But releasing a droplet hit (probably a collab) in the next month and an album with the vibes of Bad Liar/Fetish this time of the year next year! 

that would be perfect

• Like 1

I would love if she gave us an edgy era and made music like this:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, corotinho said:

Outlaws

Nice try, baby.

I Have To Laugh GIF - I have to laugh - Discover & Share GIFs

She has the Emilia Perez soundtrack coming very soon.

With the Emmy nomination, Cannes win & Oscar buzz she'll probably focus 100% on acting (and it's the best really, she's just not passionate about music at the moment, and acting is her true passion)

We might also get the Linda soundtrack.

Maybe she can release a couple feats but o don't think she'll release an album soon.

She might get a lot of inspiration as well while she films all this stuff. So I guess #SG3 will come 2026-2027?

Also if the rumors about she wanting to drop interscope are true maybe she can release an EP with unreleased songs (like stained) to end the contract, but she might not promote it. 

She needs to focus on music not being obsessive about numbers and selling. Last previous songs wasn't that bad. She could easily released album with simple, carefree theme like LO or SS. 

• Like 1

360_F_247781989_739n159kxyl7WJPk3zDBOb3V

• Thumbs Down 1

On 7/17/2024 at 9:05 AM, corotinho said:

Outlaws

I'm a day one Selenator but imagine stanning her and thinking you can come for TOVE LO. :rip: Selena wishes she had a Lady Wood or Blue Lips.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.