Relief is coming! Work is being done to address the recent server issues. ×

Bigger career: Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber?

A Million Lights

Bigger career: Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger career

• Lady Gaga
    • Justin Bieber

Both started around the same year, had a smash debut, had some bad years, rebounded… the question is: who is bigger?

• Thumbs Down 4

Lady Gaga became a living legend in music, cinema, fashion, human rights, religion, culture, and beauty industry.

Justin became the butt of the joke and became a sex symbol that young girls shredded and then got tired of

:ryan3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Bieber is bigger but he's very much retired now and won't progress any further, meanwhile Gaga will :suburban:

im giving this to gar for impact even though purpose outsold her last 3 studio albums combinedspacer.png

Edited by Minto
  • Haha 7

I think they're about the same, Bieber is bigger commercially by a large margin, Gaga is much more respected and she has more accolades. I think their fanbases might be about the same size in 2024. 

• Like 1

bieber sold more records gaga is bigger live act and more acclaimed. gaga wins.

Gaga by far :rip:

bieber definitely has HITS and probably more smashes overall but gaga is much more influential, has a huge touring draw and also probably has a bigger demographic of fans overall. 

justin deserves his tens for beauty and a beat though :bird:

Music career - ShitB

Others - LG

Some comparison threads on this website are truly appalling :giraffe:

I think this sums it up best:

Bieber was a moment. Gaga was the moment.

Bieber had huge fame, notoriety, tons of fans and certain impact, but seemed to be operating almost alongside pop rather than inside it, whereas Gaga shook the table. We saw a megastar form not just because of a cute face and matching voice and haircut, but because of her gusto, her talent, her artistry, her aesthetic, her dedication to the craft of pop music and also her message.

Edited by swissman
  • Thanks 2

Bieber has sold more units, gets more streams currently and has the bigger tours.

Bieber is definitely more global in every way--people know his music (peaches/stay did well on charts), his relationships, he's had an iconic mugshot

Love gaga but all she has is acclaim

22 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Bieber has sold more units, gets more streams currently and has the bigger tours.

her live act grossing is higher than his 

I remember doing this exact same thread a few months ago and it was closed for no reason at all :mandown:

OT: Music only? Justin easily. 

Bigger JB

But more Impactful is Gaga

Gaga and it's obvious. I'm SO sorry

Bieber is bigger in music 

Bieber's the bigger celebrity and hitmaker but Gaga's the bigger album artist, is much more acclaimed, and has a much stronger legacy in music overall. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.