• algrominsky

15 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

made an "old school" vibe color edit of the alternative cover:angelo:

Nelly-Furtado-7-1.jpg

Love this :heart:

Corazón with 170k streams only :toofunny2: 

We're aiming to the #195 peak at this point 

9 hours ago, s1974181 said:

u r right , Honesty is the sg lewis song (the same one i mentioned ages ago in some other thread if any nelly fan remembers :D) , used to be called Recipe

i believe in honesty , a little bit of honesty is always in my recipe :hippo:

heres track lengths in order :

2:29
2:37
2:47
3:24
2:17
2:06
2:46
3:14
2:59
3:03
2:08
2:11
2:27
2:55

Coming for Ice Spice's debut album length:deadbanana2:

14 minutes ago, Movimento Perpétuo said:

Corazón with 170k streams only :toofunny2: 

We're aiming to the #195 peak at this point 

at least it has +600k on youtube :sad: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, okgo said:

at least it has +600k on youtube :sad: 

I am sad. It's her best effort since the TSI days. Hopefully the streams will pick it up a bit. Where are the checks? :eli: 

• Like 1

I kinda miss Folklore Nelly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Movimento Perpétuo said:

I am sad. It's her best effort since the TSI days. Hopefully the streams will pick it up a bit. Where are the checks? :eli: 

this album campaign has been kind of a mess, its hard to believe a major label is actually involved

then again I don't think anyone's expected a lot of commercial success again anyway so 

as long as she keeps going something might click again eventually, she certainly has recorded more than enough material to keep dropping music consistently for years to come and insists she'll keep working on music (which is how things should work in this current streaming era but she's also been reiterating how much she looks up to Sade and is inspired by her long ass breaks from the spotlight so :skull:)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, okgo said:

this album campaign has been kind of a mess, its hard to believe a major label is actually involved

then again I don't think anyone's expected a lot of commercial success again anyway so 

as long as she keeps going something might click again eventually, she certainly has recorded more than enough material to keep dropping music consistently for years to come and insists she'll keep working on music (which is how things should work in this current streaming era but she's also been reiterating how much she looks up to Sade and is inspired by her long ass breaks from the spotlight so :skull:)

Yeah, as a long time Nelly's stan I'm just glad that she is happy and releasing music again :heart2:

I will support her no matter what but it's still a bummer that her lastest efforts are making no sound. She deserves commercial success one more time :cries:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, s1974181 said:

u r right , Honesty is the sg lewis song (the same one i mentioned ages ago in some other thread if any nelly fan remembers :D) , used to be called Recipe

i believe in honesty , a little bit of honesty is always in my recipe :hippo:

heres track lengths in order :

2:29
2:37
2:47
3:24
2:17
2:06
2:46
3:14
2:59
3:03
2:08
2:11
2:27
2:55

Do I know my boy, or what? 😂🤣

7 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

This is not an album, it's a mixtape of interludes :mazen:

It's sad to see that so many artists who have been making music for a while like nelly Furtado are now following the streaming trends as her debut album woah nelly has no 2 minute songs as well as several 4 minute songs and the closing track is over 6 minutes. With her new album there are only 2 songs that  reach the 3 minute mark. I wonder if her label pressured her into making short songs for streaming purposes.

4 hours ago, campelo said:

Not 11 songs in the 2 minutes duration :doc:

It is what it is, 🔥🔥🔥

7 hours ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

I kinda miss Folklore Nelly

We all do :confused:

The thing was Nelly had a solid following with Whoa Nelly and Folklore, the change of sound during Loose threw her following off and she gathered a new one. That never managed to follow her afterwards because she randomly released a Spanish record.

TSI was her attempt to win the Loose fans by having Darkchild in almost every track, well she couldn't even get 1k people in her concerts...we remember the tour fiascos. The Ride was an attempt to win the old-community back but welp

at this point I'm just happy she is releasing something new 

I'm a mega Nelly fan, what I think would have helped her is if the featured artists were bigger names.. I also think she should or should have done is reach out to big name EDM djs/producers for some collabs to put her name out there even more (eat your man really helped a lot) and spark interest.. as an EDM junkie, EDM festivals are huge with many of them around the world.. the genre has a huge loyalty from fans, it's quite a niche following yet also mainstream 

Edited by Isaac Rivers
  • Thanks 1

Why worry about commercial success? Nelly's last 2 albums sold literally nothing even though they were great, of course her songs aren't smashing (though they're honestly gaining a bit more traction at least than songs from her previous efforts). I'm incredibly happy and satisfied that we're even getting new music from her at all considering she seemed pretty much officially retired 5 years ago.

There is NO chance for commercial success unless Nelly starts using tiktok to tease new music like Unholy and Greedy went viral and blew up pre-release, or if she gets a huge feature (like Drake) to act as a lightningrod for the general public to check out her song. Nelly has a ton of goodwill thanks to the quality of her work but not enough presence through a label or big enough fanbase to have chart potential on her own. That simply comes with the territory when taking such long breaks 

Edited by Dark Miracles
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, boychik0830 said:

It's sad to see that so many artists who have been making music for a while like nelly Furtado are now following the streaming trends as her debut album woah nelly has no 2 minute songs as well as several 4 minute songs and the closing track is over 6 minutes. With her new album there are only 2 songs that  reach the 3 minute mark. I wonder if her label pressured her into making short songs for streaming purposes.

It sucks especially when its artist like Nelly. She's not gonna find success in any shape or form and instead of making music without any pressure she's following streaming trends and releasing bad trend chasing music. This is lose-lose situation and it sucks. I was really waiting for her comeback. 

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

It sucks especially when its artist like Nelly. She's not gonna find success in any shape or form and instead of making music without any pressure she's following streaming trends and releasing bad trend chasing music. This is lose-lose situation and it sucks. I was really waiting for her comeback. 

How is she chasing trends? :toofunny3: Corazón is literally Nelly's essence with an amazing collaborator on top

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

The second I see an artist is making streaming length songs I lose interest in their music. I'm surprised that all of these artists who have been making music for a while back when songs were longer are now jumping to the short streaming length song trend. The same thing happened with Avrils last album as only 2 or 3 songs were over the 3 minute mark and I doubt her album would have been that short if she had released it back in the early 00s. When artists follow the streaming trends their albums usually aren't very good as the songs are unfinished. I miss when artists would do a bunch of 4 to 5 minute songs which you don't see from too many mainstream artists anymore unless you listen to a lot of indie music.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, boychik0830 said:

The second I see an artist is making streaming length songs I lose interest in their music. I'm surprised that all of these artists who have been making music for a while back when songs were longer are now jumping to the short streaming length song trend. The same thing happened with Avrils last album as only 2 or 3 songs were over the 3 minute mark and I doubt her album would have been that short if she had released it back in the early 00s. When artists follow the streaming trends their albums usually aren't very good as the songs are unfinished. I miss when artists would do a bunch of 4 to 5 minute songs which you don't see from too many mainstream artists anymore unless you listen to a lot of indie music.

Same. I get attacked here for saying that all the time, people are surprised I lose interest in 2 minutes long song...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

Same. I get attacked here for saying that all the time, people are surprised I lose interest in 2 minutes long song...

If an album is song is really short then I have no desire to listen to it. I've seen things like y2k by ice spice that are under 23 minutes or less and they are called album. In my opinion something that short is an ep not an album. An album should be at least 40 minutes or longer. If something was only 30 minutes long I'd still consider that to be an album even though that's too short in my opinion.

I'm just happy that she's on Casablanca/Republic because it means better resources for her. And she'll be able to have continued industry connections in a way that she didn't have during The Ride.

Corazon will reach 1m views today 

On 7/13/2024 at 7:47 PM, alexaalto said:

made an "old school" vibe color edit of the alternative cover:angelo:

Nelly-Furtado-7-1.jpg

without the sticker please

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.